Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ceph on Virtualizor - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ceph on Virtualizor

2»

Comments

• Hasn't the upgrade been pushed yet? I can't see the upgrade push coming in backstage.

• @SuperValueHost said:
    Hasn't the upgrade been pushed yet? I can't see the upgrade push coming in backstage.

It's in the release stage. We will make it stable in 2-3 weeks. But you can use it by changing the update preference in your master settings to release.

• sinsin Member

Francisco said: OVH had months+ of performance issues, outages, etc, and even to this day it supposedly has a lot of problems

Can confirm...I won't touch an OVH product with ceph after having nothing but issues.

• For CEPH: it seems they do not have testing environment so they deploy CEPH and Virtualizor on the same physical server so Virtualizor can read CEPH pool normally. Called Hyper-converged node.

In real life: some provider may deploy CEPH as block storage and virtualizor as hypervisor node. Both are separate and they do not understand how their software work together with CEPH, how they call to CEPH, how they mount a pool, how they read a pool, resize disk...

This can lead to a problem your CEPH pool maybe crash in someday.

Not only that, if a node sudden or reboot in normal way (init 6), they can not start VPS back online.

Honestly @virtualizor team did not understand much about SysAdmin task. Their dev skill is good but they don't understand tech skill so some work and design in their software, esspecially in virtualizor is not proper.

We have reported back to them a lot of issues in last 2 weeks and we see nothing response back from their team.

• FoulFoul Member

itvietnam said: For CEPH: it seems they

Why would you necro a year old thread?

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

@Foul said:

provider tag

• @Foul said:

I thought about open new thread but the existing is already there so no need to open new and keep continuously here :)