Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• @AlyssaD said:
    Question, what model are all you running? Is it one of there dedicated servers that run inside of a blade chassis?

Not sure what model but it's know it's a blade

• lazytlazyt Member

I'm on the J chassis both of my servers on it have been down since about 11 this morning.

• @AlyssaD said:
    Question, what model are all you running? Is it one of there dedicated servers that run inside of a blade chassis?

ATL HP BL280c L5630/16G/SSD/1I

• NealSNealS Member

Well now I'm down. I was watching everyone complain all day while my server was still up, but... doh!

I'm on a BL280 also. IPMI and server both non responsive.

• It sounds like there blades are having issues again. Which they have had issues with before.

• anton000anton000 Member
    edited June 2018

servers were up, suddenly went down.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@anton000 said:

Usually that is how it goes.. unless you expect your server to write you a formal letter with a 30 day notice period.

Thanked by 3saibal Francisco Aidan
  • @K4Y5 said:

@anton000 said:

Usually that is how it goes.. unless you expect your server to write you a formal letter with a 30 day notice period.

ba dum tsss...

• server's now back up!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Up, down, up and down...

That's life and another end is nigh.

• @deank said:
    Up, down, up and down...

That's life and another end is nigh.

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start.... Infinite server lives

• @anton000 said:
    server's now back up!

same here

• lazytlazyt Member

Mine came up this morning after 17 plus hours down. I'd love to know what happened this time.

• I can't say I'm surprised about another downtime with Delimiter... People should realize that Delimiter really doesn't care and act as if they're doing you a favor by allowing you to be a client. I don't personally like their attitude of support which is why I never picked up a box with them.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@lazyt said:
    Mine came up this morning after 17 plus hours down. I'd love to know what happened this time.

Ask for the RFO and let us know.

• @K4Y5 said:

@lazyt said:

"Oh sorry, our clearance servers don't have access to the RFO. Thanks though!"

Although that's probably more of a response any of ya'll would get. So glad I finally left them about a year ago; best decision made.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@daxterfellowes said:

@K4Y5 said:

@lazyt said:

"Oh sorry, our clearance servers don't have access to the RFO. Thanks though!"

Although that's probably more of a response any of ya'll would get. So glad I finally left them about a year ago; best decision made.

Seriously? Are they fucking retarded? Thanks for what? Going offline for 17 fucking hours and declining to provide something as basic as an RFO?

I wonder why would anyone do any business with them.

• FalzoFalzo Member

K4Y5 said: I wonder why would anyone do any business with them.

cheeeeeaaap....

• @K4Y5 said:
    I wonder why would anyone do any business with them.

Would venture a guess that in excess of 99% of their customer base does not know what an RFO is.

• And down again, I really need to finish the colo setup so I can drop delimiter

• Had $20 server there. Ran after January outage (this was a final drop). Took 9 euros VPS from Contabo and became happy.

• NealSNealS Member

Here we go again.

Down at 3am Central US Time today... No IPMI so must be the whole chassis.

• emghemgh Member

Maybe they rent out each server & ip to two people and when the offline client complains they go online.

No, seriously, how do you guys even bother with downtime so often?

• NealSNealS Member

emgh said: how do you guys even bother with downtime so often?

You're right. It's seriously unusable, but I'm paid up until December. I don't think there's anything else I can do except walk away at this point.

I've been with them several years on annual plans. This is the worst it's been. Until recently it was usually 1 outage per year.

I've already replaced the server with a Hetzner box but there's still several gigs of data left to transfer.

• @NealS said:

emgh said: how do you guys even bother with downtime so often?

You're right. It's seriously unusable, but I'm paid up until December. I don't think there's anything else I can do except walk away at this point.

I've been with them several years on annual plans. This is the worst it's been. Until recently it was usually 1 outage per year.

I've already replaced the server with a Hetzner box but there's still several gigs of data left to transfer.

Same here, have been with them for several years on an annual plan, besides that one really extended outage from a while ago, it used to be about an outage a year that wasn't very long (some times longer sometimes shorter, but nothing I couldn't handle). But now its starting to get crazy.

In both instances this time the IPMI is offline so like @NealS said probably the whole chassis.

• the Atlanta dedicated server is find down now....

• JunJun Member

Yet another Delimiter outage. Slot hosting. >15min downtime until now. At this point, I'm just curious how this level of instability is even possible.

• Surprised there was atleast someone still with these disgraceful hosts

• Not surprised considering they have a sales support team (really just the same guy doing everything) that has a colorful attitude and freedom to vent.

Thanked by 1Jun
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited June 2018

Markdown blah

Traceroute stops at ip4.gtt.net