Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torqhost - 30% off monthly and annually with coupon code SUMMER - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torqhost - 30% off monthly and annually with coupon code SUMMER

Comments

• mpimpi Member

@jaakka said:
    You forget the one that inside TV-tower and belongs to Levira. Thats the most modern one yet.

nope, there are more modern ones, not for public use though

• torqhosttorqhost Member
    edited May 2013

@jaakka the tv tower one was not purpose built. The linx one was designed as a DC and built from the ground up (the entire building), thats what I meant. The TV tower is still a conversion to a DC. But you are right, it is newer then the ones I mentioned.

• @torqhost when you're successful, people here, try to knock you down with accusations, dirty building, whatever, ignore those, just pitiful people.
    Keep up your good work, have been enjoying your uptime and sincere approach to clients. I want to thank you.

• @MorningIris Thank you for your support. Also very happy to hear you are enjoying your server.

• bobbybobby Member

@MorningIris said:
    have been enjoying your uptime and sincere approach to clients. I want to thank you.

I'd like to add professionalism and knowledge too, very few (only prometeus comes to mind) can match them.

• skizoidskizoid Member

i think the price is not: 10.5 EUR = 11.75 USD but 10.5 EUR = 14.17 USD (paypal conversion 1 USD = 0,74120 EUR)

• blackblack Member

Paypal likes to charge extra to convert currency x to currency y.

• bobbybobby Member

@skizoid said:
    i think the price is not: 10.5 EUR = 11.75 USD but 10.5 EUR = 14.17 USD (paypal conversion 1 USD = 0,74120 EUR)

Thats horrible!

edited May 2013

@bobby Thank you.

@skizoid, @black Paypal does charge significant amounts, but I have also made a mistake in the conversion for kvm level 0. The price in USD is around $13.60.

• Download speed from CacheFly: 4.23MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.42MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 986KB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 725KB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 1.88MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.53MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 522KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.06MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 835KB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 1.48MB/s

I am pretty new to KVM, is there something missing in my network settings? I tried all the options under "Network Card" in solusVM, it seems no help after reboot.

What's the difference between these network card options and which one I should choose? I have "Realtek 8139", "Intel PRO/1000" and "Virtio"

• upfreakupfreak Member

@skizoid said:

In fact that USD amount is correct for people who order from outside EU without the 20%VAT. If you are outside EU, make a note in the order and wait for VAT to be removed before you pay the invoice. So you will pay around 11.75USD.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@CoolMoon

Node KVM2
    Network Card: Virtio

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2400.084 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 248 MB
    System uptime : 84 days, 13:37,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 14.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Atlanta, GA: 4.36MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Newark, NJ: 4.76MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Dallas, TX: 1.98MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.95MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 11.4MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 6.88MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.46MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 2.90MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.90MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 4.37MB/s
    I/O speed : 180 MB/s

• Thanks @Spirit

It's weird...I am on KVM2 too...why there is huge difference in download speed?

• MrXMrX Member

Just adding to the list of happy customers. Have been a happy TorqHost customer for probably over a year by now. Excellent service, good pricing, reasonably fast support, and very little downtime that I've noticed.

• @CoolMoon the support ticket for you is answered with a suggestion on how to increase the speed.

@MrX Thank you. Happy to hear you like your server.

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited May 2013

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2400.084 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 499 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1023 MB
    System uptime : 8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 21.1MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4.56MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 4.16MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.17MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 14.6MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 7.17MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.70MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 3.32MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.47MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 5.16MB/s
    I/O speed : 76.4 MB/s

• @Makkesk8 The network speed issue for @CoolMoon is guest OS related. The IO will settle and improve once everyone who ordered recently have completed setting up their servers.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@torqhost to me that's decent I/O throughput speed. I mean, yes I am getting usually with your machines (all of them I use) around 180MB/s but even 1/3 of this would be completely acceptable.

edited May 2013

@Spirit Sure, the dd speed is also quite subjective and not the reason why slowdowns are perceived. ISCSI SANs will have few dozen MB/s speeds, but because they keep IO latency consistently low the performance is still good. We are also monitoring the IO latency aspects of the system. Some blips though are to be expected on a shared system. It is impractical in our case (if at all possible) to build a system that is impervious to overloads no matter what users do. The key would be to simply have monitoring and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

There are many other ways of doing things and everyone chooses based on what is important to them. The choice on LET is great and there are many great providers here for everyone.

• earlearl Member

I see CacheFly: 21.1MB/s does this mean it on a 1Gbit port?

• @earl It is on gigabit, yes, but we advertise it as 100mbps guaranteed (meaning you can sustain 100mbps until all your bandwidth is used up). If you would spike too much above it, we will throttle it to 100mbps.

• Does anyone have active website running on torqhost? Speed seems not good for Asia clients.

• @thuvienvps your are right, some traffic to Asia goes via the US, some goes directly. This depends on the end user ISP in Asia. From the discussions here, the best location for Asia is US west coast.

• usmaanusmaan Member

hi. can i pay @ $7 per 6 months for the Level 0 VPS?

• wlanboywlanboy Member

Nice deal. The network is really good. Connections around europe are just fast.

• @usmaan I am sorry, but these are only annual due to their low cost.

@wlanboy Thank you, glad to hear you like your server.

• @torqhost - need kvm in a 2 months time. can i buy and put it on hold for 2 months or can one be reserved for me?

• @asterisk14 It would not be necessary, we will likely have a coupon at the time as well.

• thanks

• usmaanusmaan Member

Hi. I have placed an order. Please adjust 20 percent VAT so that i make payment.