Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NEW] [KIMSUFI] New dedicated servers+ lower prices on all servers ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[NEW] [KIMSUFI] New dedicated servers+ lower prices on all servers !

Comments

• DoktorXDoktorX Member

If this is true, this is bad i dont want to order new server and then pay another setup fee

Thanked by 1Jun
  • sinsin Member
    edited May 2018

For some servers it gets stuck on "Loading, please wait..." for me (tried in Firefox and Chrome)

-edit- looks like it's just broken for the US site but works fine on other sites (like Worldwide/Ireland, etc).

I'm def going to keep my eye out for a KS-11 in BHS...don't really need France.

• akzakz Member

@ninzo59 possible to adjust cost of existing service or would have to order a new one to replace?

• citrixcitrix Member

@akz said:
    @ninzo59 possible to adjust cost of existing service or would have to order a new one to replace?

I would imagine you would have to order a new one at that price, drop current one etc.

• akzakz Member

thanks @citrix now does anyone have a checker working still? lol

• williewillie Member

Wow! KS-03 is the new name for the KS-2E and it's regular price now is lower than the one I got on flash sale... :O

checkservers.ovh seems to have been updated with the new line.

The new models are the first Kimsufis I've seen with two drives! Does that mean SYS will be folded into the Kimsufi brand?

• sinsin Member

KS-12 is available in BHS but no KS-11 yet :(

• @sin said:
    KS-12 is available in BHS but no KS-11 yet :(

Yeah, I snagged a KS-12. Overkill but, I'm greedy. It will replace a couple of other Kimsufi boxes I already have.

Thanked by 1sin
  • vishvish Member

Wow, this is great news!

• @ninzo59 said: Great news on Kimsufi

Thank you as always for the specials and announcing it here on LET.

Any idea on when stock is likely to reappear? Many of them seem to be OOS.

Also, any plans to upgrade the network (250Mbps?) or offer better (but limited) BW like 1Gbps / 30TB or something like that?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

@citrix said:

@akz said:

I would imagine you would have to order a new one at that price, drop current one etc.

Indeed, you would need to order a new one to benefit from this new price. Sorry about that

@nullnothere said:

@ninzo59 said: Great news on Kimsufi

Thank you as always for the specials and announcing it here on LET.

Any idea on when stock is likely to reappear? Many of them seem to be OOS.

Also, any plans to upgrade the network (250Mbps?) or offer better (but limited) BW like 1Gbps / 30TB or something like that?

I don't have any estimated date for now, I guess today / next week there should be restock of some servers.

About the network, no improvement on bandwidth is planned for now.> @willie said:

Wow! KS-03 is the new name for the KS-2E and it's regular price now is lower than the one I got on flash sale... :O

checkservers.ovh seems to have been updated with the new line.

The new models are the first Kimsufis I've seen with two drives! Does that mean SYS will be folded into the Kimsufi brand?

No, SYS will still exist. But major changes in So you Start are coming really soon.. Stay tuned ;)

• huckenhucken Member
    edited June 2018

@ninzo59 said:

No, SYS will still exist. But major changes in So you Start are coming really soon.. Stay tuned ;)

as long time sys customer i'm already excited. i will have a look on the page every day now
    the site layout already changed

• Sweet. Good to see some raid options as well.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

KS1 was yesterday in stock for about 4 minutes, did anyone got one, and when yes, which location? Gravelands?

@hucken said:

@ninzo59 said:

as long time sys customer i'm already excited. i will have a look on the page every day now
    the site layout already changed

Announce will be made on LET when its ready :)

Thanked by 3hucken sin imok

"nope. there will not be enough stock for all .. and we still have step 2 to do in a few weeks. after step 2, the offers will not have anything with the current offers .. it will be even more aggressive in terms of offer :)"

• l2o88jl2o88j Member

Is that not understandable because of translate ?

• Will it be like when the price dropped few years ago: customers moving to cheaper servers, ovh adjusting prices up to avoid that - or would this offer still be valid if in a few month all existing customers have moved to cheaper contracts?

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

How is the network performance Hetzner <---> OVH ?

• hanoihanoi Member

Holy <3. More and more idle servers again

edited June 2018

@datanoise said:
    Will it be like when the price dropped few years ago: customers moving to cheaper servers, ovh adjusting prices up to avoid that - or would this offer still be valid if in a few month all existing customers have moved to cheaper contracts?

Kimsufi new offer is about to stay (until OVH Spirit, Cloud... released). Changes oles is talking about is on SYS / OVH dedicated servers. As I said, lot of changes are coming soon :)

They go away in less then 60s, the XEON appeared and was gone very fast.

If you check it, check it at least every 60s.

• l2o88jl2o88j Member

Is there something wrong with the world$ kimsufi for france servers

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk14

They keep on loading when clicked on order

• @ninzo59 said:

Kimsufi new offer is about to stay (until OVH Spirit, Cloud... released). Changes oles is talking about is on SYS / OVH dedicated servers. As I said, lot of changes are coming soon :)

Cool. I was going to let me SYS box expire, in favor of another company's offerings. However, now I am intrigued. So, I guess I'll hold on for a little while longer.

Any general idea on how soon is "soon"? A month? 6 months? A year?

@l2o88j said:
    Is there something wrong with the world$ kimsufi for france servers

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk14

They keep on loading when clicked on order

Checking

@jaypeesmith said:

@ninzo59 said:

Cool. I was going to let me SYS box expire, in favor of another company's offerings. However, now I am intrigued. So, I guess I'll hold on for a little while longer.

Any general idea on how soon is "soon"? A month? 6 months? A year?

Soon SYS = next week :)

• bandwidth still 100 Mbps? or upgrade to 250mbps?

• williewillie Member

I temporarily unsunk this thread (enough to bump it once) since there is some discussion on the semi-duplicate thread that missed the existence of this one:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145658/looks-like-kimsufi-prices-have-dropped

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited June 2018

v3ng said: How is the network performance Hetzner <---> OVH ?

I don't have a server at Ovh, the download speed for Ovh test file is over 800Mbps on my Hetzner server.

wget -O /dev/null http://ovh.net/files/10Gb.dat
    --2018-06-01 18:21:03--  http://ovh.net/files/10Gb.dat
    Resolving ovh.net (ovh.net)... 213.186.33.6
    Connecting to ovh.net (ovh.net)|213.186.33.6|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1250000000 (1.2G) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: ‘/dev/null’

/dev/null           100%[===================>]   1.16G   107MB/s    in 11s     

2018-06-01 18:21:15 (104 MB/s) - ‘/dev/null’ saved [1250000000/1250000000]

Hetzner has direct peering with OVH, its prem.

• About OVh network:

Ovh france <-> dacentec - terrible
    Hetzner DE <-> dacentec - way faster. 

Its faster for me to first transfer a large file from dacentec -> hetzner -> ovh france
    Is this an OVH issue or Dacentec?