Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double Storage | USA KVM | £6/Q 512MB | £2.45/M 1GB (IPv4 IPv6)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Double Storage | USA KVM | £6/Q 512MB | £2.45/M 1GB (IPv4 IPv6)

MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
edited May 2018 in Offers

Ho-ost is a brand of Ho-ost Internet Solutions Limited. Est January 2016. Company Number 09970768 Registered in England & Wales.

Grab double storage on any of the below packages, simply open a ticket to request.

Chicago, Illinois Looking Glass |
Charlotte, North Carolina Looking Glass

Our Features:

• Virtualizor Control Panel
  • 1Gbps Shared Network Port
  • IPv6 Available On Request
  • 1 x Dedicated IPv4 Address
  • Additional IPv4 £1.50/Month
  • 99.95% Uptime Guarantee
  • CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian
  • Windows Available (BYOL)
  • PayPal Or Perfect Money
  • KVM Virtualisation ONLY!
  • Quick & Reliable Support

512MB
  • 512MB DDR3 RAM
  • 10GB HDD Space
  • 1 CPU @ 2Ghz (Shared)
  • 0.5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • 1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
  • £6.00/Quarterly

Virtual-1:
  • 1GB DDR3 RAM
  • 25GB HDD Space
  • 1 CPU @ 2Ghz (Shared)
  • 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • £2.45/Month Code: LET1GB

Virtual-2:
  • 2GB DDR3 RAM
  • 50GB HDD Space
  • 2 CPU @ 2Ghz (Shared)
  • 2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
  • £3.50/Month Code: LET2GB

SSD plans are coming very soon!

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

From your AUP:

You may not use Ho-ost services for illegal activities, including but not limited to softwares related to or for the purpose of; hacking, cracking, DoS, DDoS attacks, TOR or anything otherwise illegal in the location of said service.

Tor is not 'illegal'. Why does your AUP claim that it is?

Ho-ost Virtual Private Servers are subject to a 75% CPU usage limitation and will be automatically shutdown if breached.

How's that measured? Average over a certain time period? Immediate threshold? If a VPS is automatically shut down the moment it hits 75% CPU usage it won't actually be good for anything as this is completely normal for short periods of time, and you should be throttling the CPU instead.

• fxffxf Member

@joepie91 said:
    From your AUP:

You may not use Ho-ost services for illegal activities, including but not limited to softwares related to or for the purpose of; hacking, cracking, DoS, DDoS attacks, TOR or anything otherwise illegal in the location of said service.

Well... given the use of a semicolon before "hacking, cracking...", I think Ho-ost can weasel out of their position and say you're putting words in their mouth. Besides, what even is TOR? Do they mean Tor?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited May 2018

@joepie91 said:
    From your AUP:

Ho-ost Virtual Private Servers are subject to a 75% CPU usage limitation and will be automatically shutdown if breached.

How's that measured? Average over a certain time period? Immediate threshold? If a VPS is automatically shut down the moment it hits 75% CPU usage it won't actually be good for anything as this is completely normal for short periods of time, and you should be throttling the CPU instead.

Perhaps a seperate sentence for the Tor (Without capitals, thanks @fxf ) related policy would clarify. Regardless, we don't allow it. Our CPU usage is subject to fair use. We don't shut down VPS instantly for hitting the CPU limit. Again, I'm sure some clarification may help, so please keep updated with our policies while we work these specifics in. Thank you.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • fxffxf Member
    edited May 2018

@Hoost said:

>

Perhaps a seperate sentence for the Tor (Without capitals, thanks @fxf ) related policy would clarify. Regardless, we don't allow it.

I've also heavily used TOR before discovering the Tor folk make a point of not using it for whatever reason. To be honest I prefer TOR for the hardcore aesthetics.

For full points, can you further clarify what you don't allow regarding Tor? Would running "$ torsocks curl ho-ost.com" be a violation of AUP? Do you not allow customers to operate any type of Tor nodes, or just some? Time for a brief lesson :)

The three types are: bridge, relay, exit. Bridges only act as entry points to the network, for people who don't want their network manager to easily see that they're connecting to the Tor network (think: China, Russia, etc). Relays only talk to other relays or people entering the Tor network. Exits are the only ones which send requests on behalf of users to computers outside the Tor network, and that generate abuse complaints, except they can be run without many problems if one is using a "reduced exit policy". Additionally, the IPs of relays and exits are publicly listed, while bridges are not.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited May 2018

@fxf said:

@Hoost said:

>

Perhaps a seperate sentence for the Tor (Without capitals, thanks @fxf ) related policy would clarify. Regardless, we don't allow it.

I've also heavily used TOR before discovering the Tor folk make a point of not using it for whatever reason. To be honest I prefer TOR for the hardcore aesthetics.

For full points, can you further clarify what you don't allow regarding Tor? Would running "$ torsocks curl ho-ost.com" be a violation of AUP? Do you not allow customers to operate any type of Tor nodes, or just some? Time for a brief lesson :)

The three types are: bridge, relay, exit. Bridges only act as entry points to the network, for people who don't want their network manager to easily see that they're connecting to the Tor network (think: China, Russia, etc). Relays only talk to other relays or people entering the Tor network. Exits are the only ones which send requests on behalf of users to computers outside the Tor network, and that generate abuse complaints, except they can be run without many problems if one is using a "reduced exit policy". Additionally, the IPs of relays and exits are publicly listed, while bridges are not.

I used "TOR" because where I'm currently staying's main attraction is called Tor too, but often in capitals. :P We don't allow bridges, relays, exits or any application in relation to Tor. Our policy now clarifies that Tor is seperate to our "illegal softwares" clause and specifies the time limit for our 75% CPU usage. I've also made sure to add our abuse complaints email for reports.

Thanks both.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Hoost said:

@fxf said:

@Hoost said:

>

I used "TOR" because where I'm currently staying's main attraction is called Tor too, but often in capitals. :P We don't allow bridges, relays, exits or any application in relation to Tor. Our policy now clarifies that Tor is seperate to our "illegal softwares" clause and specifies the time limit for our 75% CPU usage. I've also made sure to add our abuse complaints email for reports.

Thanks both.

I appreciate the quick fix :)

I've just signed up for a service, and it seems that GMail isn't happy about the e-mail verification link:

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @joepie91 said:

I appreciate the quick fix :)

I've just signed up for a service, and it seems that GMail isn't happy about the e-mail verification link:

Apologies for the inconvenience. Our emails now send under the ho-ost domain rather than our SMTP provider so our links should now work.