Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Cloudive] 2GB KVM $7/month - [Backupsy] 100GB Backup KVM $40/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Cloudive] 2GB KVM $7/month - [Backupsy] 100GB Backup KVM $40/year

Cloudive

High Availability - Auto Failover KVM VPS

1 vCPU (Intel Xeon X5650, Fair Share)
2GB Memory (Real, pre-allocated, reserved, dedicated, can't be oversold and some other words to desribe it)
50GB RAID10 Storage Space
1TB Traffic Limit
1Gbps Uplink
1 IP address

Only $7/month

[Order Here]

(Do not try to adjust the config and order another config lower than $7, those orders will get cancelled automatically.)

Backupsy

High Storage Backup KVM VPS

KVM Virtualization
1 vCPU (Intel Xeon L5520/L5630, Fair share)
512 MB Memory
100GB RAID 50 Storage Space
2TB Traffic Limit
1Gbps Uplink
1 IPv4

Only $40/year

[Order Here]
KVM Virtualization
512 MB Memory
250GB RAID 50 Storage Space
2TB Traffic Limit
1Gbps Uplink
1 IPv4

Only $5/month

Coupon Code: HOLYMOSES
[Order Here]
KVM Virtualization
512 MB Memory
500GB RAID 50 Storage Space
2TB Traffic Limit
1Gbps Uplink
1 IPv4

Only $7/month

Coupon Code: GOTMEADEAL

[Order Here]

For bigger storage please contact us for good deals.

If you want to try it before you buy, feel free to PM me. We are also offering a 7 day no questions asked money back guarantee.

We utilize our custom control panel that has ability to install popular Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS) automatically by scripting (Kickstart, Preseed). (You can however, install them manually by using our out of band Java based console)

We are also offering ISO mounts for popular storage management operating systems such as FreeNAS, Openfiler, Openmediavault and Turnkey Linux Fileserver. For additional ISO files, please contact us by simply opening a ticket and we will add them for free.

Test IP: 192.208.190.131

Test File: http://192.208.190.131/1000MB.test

Uptime for last 30 days: 99.97% (Taken from nodeping)

Our TOS is linked here: https://backupsy.com/tos.html

Disclaimer: Our VPS products are only allowed to run programs intended to store or assist in the backup of Subscriber's data. Anyone found running programs not intended to store or assist in backup will be suspended and asked to cease, if they fail to, termination will follow. You can however, pay $2/month extra to upgrade to regular usage.

Comments

• ReeRee Member
    edited May 2013

The Cloudive plan sounds interesting. Very similar to the VPS I'm testing out now, but with the added bonus of failover for essentially the same price!

Andway, was reading up on your site and noticed one thing:

On http://www.cloudive.com/compare.php, under the VPS comparison section, Server Scalability is repeated from the Dedi comparison. Then that's followed by two High Availability sections, the first of which is the real VPS Server Scalability comparison.

And I have a few questions:

You say above it's 50GB of RAID10 storage, and then on the comparison page say you can lose at least 7 drives without things going down. But the VPS comparison indicates VPSes use RAID10 as well but will go down after 2 drive failures. Why is this?

On the pre-sales page you say there's no limit on CPU cycles. So if I sit at 100% usage all the time, that's not a problem? (Not that I expect to, just never seen that advertised outside of something like a quarter server where you have a dedicated core on a quad core server)

And lastly, can you order multiple of the offer and combine them (ie order 2 @ $7 and have 2x everything mentioned above for $14)?

EDIT: Also, assuming you can order multiples, if I buy two now and need to grow in the future, will it be at the then current prices or would this pricing still apply? So for example if I order 4GB for $14 now, and want to upgrade to 8GB later, is it $14 + $14 = $28 or is it $14 + whatever the additional 4GB costs at the time?

• @serverian said:

Cloudive

(Do not try to adjust the config and order another config lower than $7, those orders will get cancelled automatically.)

Can we adjust the options to decress ram and incress drive space, aslong at it's $7 or more?

• You say above it's 50GB of RAID10 storage, and then on the comparison page say you can lose at least 7 drives without things going down. But the VPS comparison indicates VPSes use RAID10 as well but will go down after 2 drive failures. Why is this?

That is for our enterprise product with regular prices.

On the pre-sales page you say there's no limit on CPU cycles. So if I sit at 100% usage all the time, that's not a problem? (Not that I expect to, just never seen that advertised outside of something like a quarter server where you have a dedicated core on a quad core server)

Again, for the enterprise product. You would be able to burst in short amount of times but you cannot use 24/7.

And lastly, can you order multiple of the offer and combine them (ie order 2 @ $7 and have 2x everything mentioned above for $14)?

Yes, you can. Just open a ticket.

EDIT: Also, assuming you can order multiples, if I buy two now and need to grow in the future, will it be at the then current prices or would this pricing still apply? So for example if I order 4GB for $14 now, and want to upgrade to 8GB later, is it $14 + $14 = $28 or is it $14 + whatever the additional 4GB costs at the time?

$14 + costs at that time. But we can work something out.

• @PcJamesy said:
    Can we adjust the options to decress ram and incress drive space, aslong at it's $7 or more?

Yes, you can do that.

• ReeRee Member

@serverian said: That is for our enterprise product with regular prices.

Are there any other ways this offer differs from what is mentioned on cloudive.com? Since it is specifically mentioned in the post, it looks like it still supports auto-failover, and so even if that was the only difference between this offer and a run-of-the-mill VPS, that's enough for me.

@serverian said: $14 + costs at that time. But we can work something out.

I'll probably just overbuy a little since it's a great price, and if it works well, will still be less than half the cost of the dedi I'm currently using.

One new question: Is this scenario possible?

Create a Windows 2008 R2 VM. It should only have a private IP address, and not be able to directly connect to the internet (nor should anything be able to directly connect to it (except my other VMs)).

Create a pfSense VM. It would need two virtual NICs so one could have a private IP address to enable communication with the Windows VM, and the other could have a public IP address to enable communication with the internet.

I remember reading some large site (stackoverflow I think) only used Windows' own firewall for a couple years, so I'm not totally against going that route if I have to, but I hate how it likes to be "helpful" and add exceptions without asking me first, so I'd much prefer to be hide the Windows VM behind pfSense if possible.

• NoermanNoerman Member

Bookmarked. Eager to have second storage vps from you.

• Are there any other ways this offer differs from what is mentioned on cloudive.com? Since it is specifically mentioned in the post, it looks like it still supports auto-failover, and so even if that was the only difference between this offer and a run-of-the-mill VPS, that's enough for me.

These have separate budget infrastructure than the cloudive.com's regular prices. However, they do support auto failover.

One new question: Is this scenario possible?

Yes, it is possible.

Bookmarked. Eager to have second storage vps from you.

Great, the new location probably be ready on Monday.

• 2GB KVM @ 7 - Yum Yum

• awsonawson Member

2GB KVM? Oh my, this is wonderful. Good job with Cloudive.

• 1 VCPU - Not so Yum ! @awson

• @darknessends said:
    1 VCPU - Not so Yum ! awson

You can purchase more CPU while ordering.

• awsonawson Member

Would it work out if I set the HDD to 20GB, and CPU cores to 3? It comes out at $8/month; I don't mind paying an extra dollar.

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member
    edited May 2013

i wanted to decress ram and incress drive space an it was fine
    nvm

• @awson said:
    Would it work out if I set the HDD to 20GB, and CPU cores to 3? It comes out at $8/month; I don't mind paying an extra dollar.

This is not possible unfortunately. However, decreasing RAM for space is fine.

• serverian - you can disable or put notes on order page? since if people order and accept terms it should be respected as contract.

• @serverian - how is the response of 2GB KVM so far btw ?

• @darknessends said:
    serverian - you can disable or put notes on order page? since if people order and accept terms it should be respected as contract.

Well, the note won't apply to everyone so we can't do that. Disabling also does not work since these are configurable options to WHMCS.

• ReeRee Member

@serverian said:Yes, it is possible.

That's great, order submitted!

• asfasf Member

What about decreasing hdd storage for ssd storage?
    ...anyway, nice offer. :_)

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5650  @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2666.520 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2013 MB
    Download speed from CacheFly: 64.6MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 12.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.08MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 2.26MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, London, UK: 1.75MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.56MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.41MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 934KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 5.70MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 5.53MB/s
    I/O speed :  103 MB/s

• Sorry for the typo in BW limitations. 100GB and 250GB has 1TB. 500GB has 2TB

• @Serverian : Can a file hosting site be hosted on your backupsy VMs ?

• PatrickPatrick Member

@darknessends said:
    Serverian : Can a file hosting site be hosted on your backupsy VMs ?

Read the bold text at the end.

@serverian said:
    Disclaimer: Our VPS products are only allowed to run programs intended to store or assist in the backup of Subscriber's data. Anyone found running programs not intended to store or assist in backup will be suspended and asked to cease, if they fail to, termination will follow. You can however, pay $2/month extra to upgrade to regular usage.

• @darknessends said:
    Serverian : Can a file hosting site be hosted on your backupsy VMs ?

Even if you upgrade to regular usage, file sharing/hosting websites are not allowed.

• aglodekaglodek Member

@asf said: What about decreasing hdd storage for ssd storage?

No problem. I ordered 2GB RAM + 2x vCPU + 10GB SSD - paid total $7 (after discount). Another words, I exchanged 50GB HDD for 10GB SSD and 1x extra vCPU.

@awson said: Would it work out if I set the HDD to 20GB, and CPU cores to 3? It comes out at $8/month; I don't mind paying an extra dollar.

Should work, too. At first, I was considering 2GB RAM + 2x vCPU + 10GB SSD + 10GB HDD mix and total came to $13 or so, after discount. But I did not go through with the order (decided the extra 10GB HDD was not worth almost twice the $7 fee).

FYI, with Cloudive you are buying Virtual Datacenter resources, not VMs. You can buy 2x, 3x, 4x... $7 configurations and then merge them into one giant VM or 2 or more VMs mixing things up in Cloudive's CP as needed. Do keep in mind that you can only play around with the resources you ordered, e.g can't use SSD space if you ordered HDD space only.

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited May 2013

@serverian said:

not intended

I like your plans And resources are about right I mean..No one NEEDS more than 512mb ram for backup any way..

• For clarification, you CAN NOT substitute resources as long as it's over $7. You can add more resources to the designated package.

• any deal to get more cores?

• @jincheker, it's $5 per core.

• Can the 2GB one be used for things other than storage?

• ReeRee Member

@Dragoon0309 said:
    Can the 2GB one be used for things other than storage?

I can't answer for serverian, but since it only appears as an option on the Backupsy order page, I'm going to assume this is the case. (And hope, otherwise I ordered the wrong thing!)