Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server in North America
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server in North America

Hey All,
I am looking for a dedicated server in NA. Below are the needed specs, I am trying to be as detailed as possible, since in my own research I have yet to find a provider that has the right combination. I know that no one has everything I need.

IPMI:
Ability to load my own OS (Proxmox)
Would prefer the IPMI to have been updated recently (I tried a providers that gave me IPMI, but it was years out of date, as in I had to download an old version of Firefox to be able to load the java plugin to access it, plus the ssl cert was expired by 4 years.)
This is an easy area to over look, but I think it shows a provider who is aware and takes extra care of their servers/customers.

Network:
At least 13 usable IPv4, could be combinations of smaller subnets, I need at least 1 to be clean for a personal email server. I am fine removing from a couple blacklists, but having to remove from 5-10 is a real bummer. I love IPv6 so a /64 is needed.
Would prefer 80ms ping time or lower from my location, I am in Iowa, so I get great connections to Chicago and Dallas. Buffalo, Atlanta, and Los Angeles are passable.
Need at least 5TB of bandwidth, I don't need any specific DDOS mitigation.

CPU:
Would prefer an E5. E3's tend to not have enough cores, although that is what I am using now.

Memory:
32GB is sufficient

HDD:
Minimum is 250GB SSD, would love NVMe, but that's not a reasonable thing yet. 2xSSD in RAID10 with HW or SW would be a dream.

Budget:
And I am sure anyone who has read this far down assumes I will be unreasonable for budget, and I probably am, so please make offers, and give me feedback on where I am off. Looking to be under $100 a month all inclusive.

TLDR:
IPMI
13 useable IP's and IPv6
E5
32GB Ram
250GB SSD
$100 month budget

Comments

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Wish we were able to help, though currently we do not offer IPv6.
    Psychz Networks may have a server within your budget for those specs.

• Thanks for looking, I had looked at psychz, they look good but for an individual server they are either a little too expensive or sold out.

• @thorer01 said:
    2xSSD in RAID10

2XSSD would be raid 1 or 0

Thanked by 2Aidan Clouvider
  • Good call, I meant 0.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

thorer01 said: Good call, I meant 0.

you want raid 0 only to your enemies

• fair enough, I am one of those weird back up people that has 3 copies, in 2 different formats, and proxmox makes rebuilding a host super easy.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

@thorer01 said:
    fair enough, I am one of those weird back up people that has 3 copies, in 2 different formats, and proxmox makes rebuilding a host super easy.

Please look at our instant servers in Chicago, LA and Miami , E3 v3 started from $49/mo

You can check ping and traceroute https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

Please contact us if you need something special.

• Shot in the dark...if the number of cores is your main concern CPU-wise, your budget is actually really reasonable at any number of places for something like a dual 5520. Sale pricing in a lot of cases, but really reasonable.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket has servers available in Charlotte, NC, Los Angeles, CA, and Chicago, IL... but your budget is going to be tough to hit. Probably could do an E3 with 32GB and 250GB SSD for under $100. An E5 is going to push you over $100.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@thorer01

I've dropped an offer personally for you.

• imokimok Member

Contact IO Flood, they probably have something with 32GB+ RAM under $100

• Closing the loop here:

I ordered a server from Bharat and Vivek at qovic.com.

Specs:
    Dual E5-2620v2
    32GB RAM ECC
    4x256GB INTEL SSD
    10TB @ 1Gbps
    15Gbit/s Anti-DDoS
    /29 IPv4 ( 5 Usable ) + /28 IPv4 ( 13 Usable )
    /64 IPv6

$84/mo

Shortly after placing my order Vivek emailed me an ETA for provisioning. Which was a nice touch.

The server was provisioned in about a day and a half including a custom order for a raid card.

Server came with up to date bios, and IPMI which I appreciated.

Performance of the server and network is as expected.

I had an issue on my end accessing the IPMI, I opened a ticket and Bharat reached out and helped get me sorted out.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and feedback.

Thanked by 1BharatB

This is good server and price. Congratulation.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@GTHost said:

You guys are based in the US right?

@CConner said:

@GTHost said:

You guys are based in the US right?

Our head office in Toronto

• Hello,

We are using M247.ro in NYC and we had 0 problems with them.