Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFP Hosting - Check refund policy.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFP Hosting - Check refund policy.

andyansellandyansell Member
edited May 2018 in Reviews

I signed up with these guys for the $12 year deal yesterday (LEB), 13th May and then decide a day later that I did not want this and requested cancellation. This is based on the words above by Nathan, that there is a 3 day money back guarantee on this deal, "Hi Vijay, we’re extending a 3 day no questions asked money back guarantee on these packages". I now get an email from a guy Jamie Donati, who says, "In accordance to our terms and conditions, you are not eligible for a refund. Apologies about this!" I feel that I have been SCAMMED! They say one thing on sites like LEB to get the customer, and then ignore what they say when they have your money, in the hope that they can get away with it! Nathan also tells Vijay, "we’re not in the business of taking people’s money if they are not happy with our services."!!! which seems like a complete JOKE.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/new-provider-nfp-hosting-exclusive-vps-offer-1gb-starting-at-12yr/#comment-979592

Comments

• lemonlemon Member
    edited May 2018

@deank i'm waiting

• pikepike Veteran

What did you learn from this?
    Never order services on the 13th of a month, bad karma.

Thanked by 2mksh mrTom
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2018

@lemon said:
    @deank i'm waiting

I actually saw this thread the moment he posted it but waited.

Without further ado, upon a request, here it goes.

The end is nigh.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

From their site:

REFUNDS

• We offer a 3 day money back guarantee on shared hosting, reseller hosting, and VPS hosting services. Any refund requests submitted past this timeframe are evaluated on a case by case basis. We're confident that you won't ever have to utilize our refund policy as you'll be so pleased with our services, however we certainly wish to work with any client that is having an issue with our services! Clients who have violated our TOS/AUP have forfeited any eligibility for a refund. Please be aware that special promotions are priced in a manner whereby hard costs of provisioning are internally absorbed, therefore in some cases, we might be unable to guarantee refunds on special promotions.

So I think you need to ask which part of their terms specifically. however given that that deal was posted on LEB last year I suppose its the part that I put in bold?

• williewillie Member

Meh, this is a bit iffy, the "Hi Vijay" post was from September 2017 and it was a special, so your still relying on it in May 2018 doesn't sound great. On the other hand if it was a short term promo they shouldn't still accept orders for it. Was the offer on LET and/or is the host active here?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited May 2018

AnthonySmith said: hard costs of provisioning are internally absorbed

Wait, what? Provisioning through SolusVM + WHMCS costs that kind of money where you have to flimsily justify rejection of refund requests by including that in the ToS?

Summerhosts gotta eat too, I guess.

The end really is nigh!

• Hey Andy,

I've clarified our procedures with our techs, they have been helping me with the billing queue and increased ticket volume. They don't usually deal with billing, so I apologize that they did not provide you with the right information.

I have seen your ticket, and updated it. I have also issued a full refund for you.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Post title updated to reflect the reality.

• @nfphosting said:
    Hey Andy,

I've clarified our procedures with our techs, they have been helping me with the billing queue and increased ticket volume. They don't usually deal with billing, so I apologize that they did not provide you with the right information.

I have seen your ticket, and updated it. I have also issued a full refund for you.

Thanks very much

• No Question Asked. Did they ask you any question ?

• yokowasis said: No Question Asked. Did they ask you any question ?

>
    They asked if the end is nigh?

• I've had a similar issue and I started to distrust this company which before I was an******** enthusiast of.

I bought first a cheap hosting (which sometimes didn't work - bad luck?) but anyway that was more a test of the company and in a few months I received an offer for VPS 18$ / year. Seemed awesome! I definitely thought that it was worth a try, although it was a couple of weeks I was in search of a windows hosting instead.

So I sent a ticket about the possibility to run Windows over those offers. At first they answered that they weren't providing Windows OS themselves, but then they wrote me that, if I provided the downloadble link of the OS they would have helped me setting it up. They also told me to buy the VPS anyway, chosing another temporary OS, and then to send them the downloadable link.

Wow! I was just in need to purchase a Windows Server license and I would have been soon tasting my sweet new VPS through my gorgeous favourite hosting company! <3 <3 <3

I thought "so little companies are that flexible, since to do that (mount my Windows OS), they would have needed to accept the offer to go over on of their KVM platforms, instead of on a probably cheaper OpenVZ one. Of course I know that the license cost is one of the main problems in creating cheap Windows VPS, but, even if it was me buying and providing the license, I found it so really nice from them and I even came on Lowendtalk to give them immediately a good and enthusiastic feedback:

Such a thankful guy I am sometimes... too much in advance! :D Ahaha

When I sent them the downloadable link and the serial they refused to help, saying that they mounted my VPS over a OpenVZ. I showed them that they promised themselves to mount my OS, and that I purchased a brand new Windows OS license.

The ticket was finally passed to a higher level, and a guy named Joseph, without alerting me first at all, decided to refund me the cost of the VPS (only that, of course, not caring at all that I purchased a brand new OS which now is worthless to me).
    Actually he showed his care for his customers letting me waste much more money than they would have done providing me a space over their KVM platform. And considering that the fault was from NFP, this upsetted me quite a lot. Who of you wouldn't be upset sending money for free to MS? :D

My feedback totally changed. Now I warn you guys to stay away from these people.

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited June 2018

@nfphosting

ticket #665443 - Affiliate Withdrawal Request , 05/16/2018 (23:54)

Jamie Donati : Your order is not yet complete.Once the payment is complete we will accept the order.If you have already paid please provide screen-shot. 05/17/2018 (01:08)

Joseph Resler: I have passed you along to Nathan, he is currently out of town. 05/19/2018 (16:22)

you always has a variety of reasons to explain .

so i have not received the affiliate money yet !

• @gongyi said:
    @nfphosting

ticket #665443 - Affiliate Withdrawal Request , 05/16/2018 (23:54)

Jamie Donati : Your order is not yet complete.Once the payment is complete we will accept the order.If you have already paid please provide screen-shot. 05/17/2018 (01:08)

Joseph Resler: I have passed you along to Nathan, he is currently out of town. 05/19/2018 (16:22)

you always has a variety of reasons to explain .

so i have not received the affiliate money yet !

Oh, it's you again... So this is what you do for a living?

• The ticket is now "admin-escalated". I am not positive that a true solution will come, anyway. Issuing a partial and unasked refund of my expenses showed the purpose not to fulfill the promises they made. I wonder if it's consumerism who tempts us to choose always the cheap price instead of the serious customer care.

• This is the last answer to my ticket:

"I want you satisfied, can I offer a free Windows KVM VPS for you just for a month? :)
    Thank you!
    Joseph Resler"

Sincerely I don't understand. They send enthusiastic mails saying "you dear customers have purchased so many of our services!" then they say "we still have a bit of space for more, so we're delaying the end of our offer..." and then they can't even use a little space over a KVM machine to compensate the loss of a customer who bought a useless license of Windows Server because of them. Bah.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to bargain a satisfactory solution? I feel like they are pulling me around xD Since they also pulled down my VPS and sent the refund without even asking if I agreed. I don't feel like I can get respect from these people.