Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you handle new orders from old promotion?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How would you handle new orders from old promotion?

omelasomelas Member

Like order of 2016 black friday offer that you forgot to disable?

Comments

• GamerGamer Member

Honor the promotion or a service of equal specs.

• williewillie Member

Honor it if you can, otherwise say oops, cancel pointing to where it was offered only as a special, and refund without provisioning the order.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you forgot to disable and there were no specific terms visible at the point of order, then I’d honour it, it’s the least you can do - it was your fault.

Thanked by 1Leonn
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Tell him the end is nigh and ignore him afterwards.

Hopefully, he will create a thread on LET for some drama.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@deank said:
    Tell him the end is nigh and ignore him afterwards.

Hopefully, he will create a thread on LET for some drama.

And then we can all confirm that the end is nigh, to both the provider and client who asks for PayPal dispute.

Thanked by 2deank Janevski
  • fkjfkj Member

Unless you were driven crazy by Emma Watson to offer some really unprofitable offer, why not, you get a new client plus some profit. Oh wait, 2016 BF.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@omelas said:

You literally just got a new client because of your laziness.

The least you can do it suck it up, honor the promo deal, and learn a valuable lesson that didn't cost you much to begin with.

• omelasomelas Member
    edited May 2018

well... I'm the one found the old offer :|

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@omelas said:

Most considerate thing to do would be to tell the host.

• pikepike Veteran

@omelas said:

So this is already a drama thread? How did the host react?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2018

If you order it and they provide it then all good. If you order it and before provision, they say we meant to disable that, here is your money back not much you can do.

How did you actually find it, was it visible in the provider's order system, I mean visible as in you went to their website and it was there and available to order or you used an old link and found something they had hidden but did not disable? The latter appears likely given it was 2016.

• omelasomelas Member

@Lee said:
    If you order it and they provide it then all good. If you order it and before provision, they say we meant to disable that, here is your money back not much you can do.

How did you actually find it, was it visible in the provider's order system, I mean visible as in you went to their website and it was there and available to order or you used an old link and found something they had hidden but did not disable? The latter appears likely given it was 2016.

it was old link from this site.

• LeeLee Veteran

Ok, so their error for not disabling it or of course they may well be happy to keep provisioning. If they are an LET member then message them and ask if you can still order given the link is active, if not email them.

Better to do that and know you will have no issues using the service than wondering if they will find out at some point and create an issue over it.

• donlidonli Member

@omelas said:

Reasonable options:

1 - Send an immediate refund and a polite letter on how it was your fault not removing the old offer that is not longer valid and apologizing (and maybe sacking the entire kitchen staff)

2 - Offering to honoring the offer for only say the next year and offering a refund instead.

3 - Honoring the offer (and chalking it up to a learning experience)

4 - Send a polite letter saying that offer was in error and counter offering with your current
    best offer or a refund.

It was only one person that took you up on the offer?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Of course, don't forget to threaten to sue.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Go and refund it? If you had autodeploy active, thats another story.

• @pike said:

@omelas said:

So this is already a drama thread? How did the host react?

Plot twist!

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I would have just taken the order then made sure that it was turned off so it would not happen again.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2018

Consumer: order 10

Provider: Block, neg rep, report, unfriend on steam and make reddit post.

• be a man/women/apache and open the promo again