Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared hosting

I haven't been looking for hosting for quite some time, however, I figured I would look into possibly getting some shared hosting. I would prefer a somewhat inexpensive host with cpanel. I am looking to create a couple of sites with wordpress, nothing too fancy, its just been a long time since ive messed with anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would consider a VPS, if its not overly pricey, and included cpanel.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If it's just a small site, go with shared hosting. A reasonably priced shared hosting is better than dirt cheap VPS.

Also do remember that server side security becomes your responsibility with VPS. If you don't want all that headache, just go with shared hosting in which case your only responsibility will be script(WP) security.

Thanked by 2Chuck nem
  • elliotcelliotc Member

Check buyshared.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

There is a deal running here for €7.00 p/year

https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html

Should work a treat for you.

London - UK.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Any US based shared?

• launchvpslaunchvps Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@tomahawkeer said:
    Any US based shared?

We offer USA shared hosting based in Philadelphia.

You can see prices here:

https://cp.launchvps.com/cart.php?gid=17

The base plan is as follows:

5 GB SSD Disk
    500 GB Bandwidth
    SSH Access
    Unlimited Add-on Domains
    Unlimited Databases
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited FTP Accounts

Price is $3.29 per quarter.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Phoenix -US.
    $3/year - https://clients.mrvm.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=2

3 GB Disk
    150 GB bandwidth / month

If you need more disk there are bigger plans available.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tomahawkeer said:
    Any US based shared?

https://buyshared.net/

:D

Francisco

• We'd also fit within your needs, feel free to check the link in my sig and don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2018

@tomahawkeer said:
    Any US based shared?

https://vpshared.com/

+1 for @Francisco's buyshared, if the west coast is good for ya!

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2018

@Francisco

I like tagging him for no apparent reason.

Thanked by 2Francisco eol

@deank said:
    @Francisco

I'm a huge fan of my name as well, if you couldn't tell.

Francisco

• elmin0relmin0r Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    There is a deal running here for €7.00 p/year

https://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html

Should work a treat for you.

London - UK.

Cheers.

Ant.

I've sign with Inception 3 week ago... 1 years plan... fast, efficient.... +1 for inception

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Any VPS plans that are including CPanel?

• @tomahawkeer said:
    Any VPS plans that are including CPanel?

cPanel itself costs up to $15 for a VPS. Is that included in your budget?

• I haven't completely ruled it out, however it sounds like i'm going to be leaning towards a shared hosting with cpanel for actual hosting my live stuff, and a VPS (without cpanel) for testing. $15 per month just for cpanel on VPS is kind of ridiculous for stuff im just going to be playing around with.

• @tomahawkeer said:
    I haven't completely ruled it out, however it sounds like i'm going to be leaning towards a shared hosting with cpanel for actual hosting my live stuff, and a VPS (without cpanel) for testing. $15 per month just for cpanel on VPS is kind of ridiculous for stuff im just going to be playing around with.

If it's just a couple not-so-intense WordPress websites, I wouldn't over spend on a VPS that isn't going to be used to it's capacity. You can be perfectly fine on shared hosting.

• kp93kp93 Member

Hey Guys thanks for this thread got €7.00 p/year deal from @AnthonySmith

and
    @Francisco have two hosting account with you so far nice :)

• BabynemoBabynemo Member
    edited May 2018

I did compare ShareHosting from BuyShared (they have LiteSpeed Cache) vs. Aruba (Equinix DC FRA) 1EUR VPS with CyberPanel (OpenLiteSpeed). CyberPanel is very easy to install. Results: Aruba + Cyberpanel is 15-20% faster.

• @Babynemo

Then again, BuyShared is cheaper. Sure, it's shared hosting but you're covered by Francisco's management team (server maintenance and uptime, etc).

• Thanks for all the feedback guys. I decided to give buyshared a shot.

• @Babynemo said:
    I did compare ShareHosting from BuyShared (they have LiteSpeed Cache) vs. Aruba (Equinix DC FRA) 1EUR VPS with CyberPanel (OpenLiteSpeed). CyberPanel is very easy to install. Results: Aruba + Cyberpanel is 15-20% faster.

Interesting topic. I have one shared account with hostrush.com ($9.95/year @ 5 domains), they have LiteSpeed and the speed is good. BuyShared.com I will give a try when another contract I have runs out.

I also have EUR1VPS on Aruba. Wordpress runs fast there. I wasn't aware of Cyberpanel and I wonder how that compares to Easyengine.io (I use Debian + Easyengine)

• ts001ts001 Member

@Francisco said:

@tomahawkeer said:
    Any US based shared?

https://buyshared.net/

:D

Francisco

I just tried to purchase this and it refunded me saying I was not buying from my home ISP. I can't place an order from anywhere but my home address???

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

I don't know if you made your decision but we can offer some good discounts on our enterprise hosting lineup. It will not be 7 usd per year, i have to tell you that right away.

Check it here:

https://portal.drserver.net/?/cart/enterprise-web-hosting/

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@ts001 said:

I just tried to purchase this and it refunded me saying I was not buying from my home ISP. I can't place an order from anywhere but my home address???

You can't order from a VPN or IPs that don't match up to your location, it's a fraud prevention measure that most hosts use.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Hi Tomahawkeer

You can check HostCafeDay.
    They are offering Linux shared hosting starting at 49 rs. per month. You can get 250 MB + storages, no. of domains, sub-domains, parked domains, unlimited domains, unmetered traffic as well as unlimited email accounts depending upon the plan you choose.
    If you would like to opt for VPS hosting, then again you can unleash its power. You will get the double stronger performance with this hosting. You can choose among so many packages of VPS. It is starting at 349 rs. per month for the lowest plan. You can also customize the resources according to your requirements.
    Along with the server, you’ll attain 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24*7 support, free VPS Migration, 30-days money back guarantee, superior network, DDoS protection, speediest SSD drives, forefront equipment, Vmware virtualization, no set up fee, moment provisioning, simple upgrade/ downgrade, decision of Linux/Windows, devoted IP address, full administrator privileges, and simple control panel.

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member
    edited January 2019

buyvm.net @Fransisco
    buyshared.net @Fransisco

@uxtvdl said:
    buyvm.net @Fransisco
    buyshared.net @Fransisco

Close :p

Francisco

Thanked by 1uxtvdl
  • @Francisco said:

@uxtvdl said:
    buyvm.net @Fransisco
    buyshared.net @Fransisco

Close :p

Francisco

noted @Francisco

• eoleol Member

@Francisco said:

@deank said:
    @Francisco

I'm a huge fan of my name as well, if you couldn't tell.

Francisco

Would be funny in asia, like Francisco SAN.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Check my signature for a shared hosting comparison chart of trustworthy & stable companies :)