Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH USA Dedicated Servers and IPV4 onetime fee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH USA Dedicated Servers and IPV4 onetime fee

Hi,

I want to ask if i can get a /24 for one time payments from OVH and not pay monthly, Is the possible !

Anyone can help me to decide if i can get a deal like that from OVH!

SO i can migrate my current dedicated server with OVH!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Why not try it? It's $10/IP, so about $2500 USD.

• KeDaddyKeDaddy Member

@MikeA said:
    Why not try it? It's $10/IP, so about $2500 USD.

Is that true OMG :d

• @KeDaddy

You do realize $10 is on the very, very low side of the price spectrum, right?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

How much did you expect to pay?

7?

• @deank said:
    How much did you expect to pay?

7?

tree fiddy

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

$16/ip nowadays, but do expect to pay them $20 or more per IP if they will sell.

• edited May 2018

You can lease a /24 for about $1500 a year after all fees, can you not? That's probably on the low end but I think you still can.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@LosPollosHermanos said:
    You can lease a /24 for about $1500 a year after all fees, can you not? That's probably on the low end but I think you still can.

Lease yes, but you can’t announce it with OVH unless there were some changes I’ve missed

• edited May 2018

@Clouvider said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

Lease yes, but you can’t announce it with OVH unless there were some changes I’ve missed

It appeared that some people were implying that /24 in general costs $2500+. I wasn't speaking to what you can or can't do on OVH specifically.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@Clouvider said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

I wasn't speaking to what you can or can't do on OVH specifically. It appeared that some people were implying that /24 in general costs $2500+.

One off, but not really any more. One or two years back, yeah. At the moment /24 can be purchased for about $14-$18 one off.

@Clouvider said:

They allow you to now.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@MikeA said:

@Clouvider said:

They allow you to now.

Really? Last I heard about this feature they said "No ETA"

• deankdeank Member, Troll

"No ETA" means "Don't know. Don't care."

@FHR said:

Oles said in twitter a few weeks ago that they are letting people do it now. I think you need a dedicated server at least though.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @MikeA said:

@FHR said:

Oles said in twitter a few weeks ago that they are letting people do it now. I think you need a dedicated server at least though.

Do you have a link / any documentation? I can't find the tweet(s).

Thanks

@catatonic said:

@MikeA said:

@FHR said:

Thanks

Sorry, I guess I misread the tweet back when I saw it. Looks like it's not available yet.

• @MikeA said:

@catatonic said:

@MikeA said:

@FHR said:

Thanks

Sorry, I guess I misread the tweet back when I saw it. Looks like it's not available yet.

:( ah well, hope it's something we can use eventually!

• @OP few years ago, around 2011 if im not wrong ovh changed pricing on extra ips from one time to monthly. It affected customers who bought ips for one time fee, this customers were forced to pay monthly fee as far as i remember so anything is possible with ovh. As you can see ovh rolled back to old pricing but this pricing wont last forever.

• @KeDaddy said:
    Hi,

I want to ask if i can get a /24 for one time payments from OVH and not pay monthly, Is the possible !

Anyone can help me to decide if i can get a deal like that from OVH!

SO i can migrate my current dedicated server with OVH!

>
    >

That is not budget for you.because OVH charge setup ips fee at first time.if you can use their server for one year,that will be good price for you.you can find other hosting company who provide server with /24 good price per month.Hope it is helpful for you.

Thanks