Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostodo Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostodo Down

rafaeldinarafaeldina Member
edited May 2018 in Outages

Hi!
hostodo.com website is opening blank and control panel (https://hostodo.com/portal/clientarea.php), gives this error:

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

exception 'Whoops\Exception\ErrorException' with message 'Out of memory (allocated 627834880) (tried to allocate 201335169 bytes)' in /home/hostodo/public_html/portal/includes/dbfunctions.php:0
Stack trace:

0 /home/hostodo/public_html/portal/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(1, 'Out of memory (...', '/home/hostodo/p...', 0)

1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()

Can't access my SSH as well, couldn't open a ticket because control panel is out.

Are anyone there with the same issues?
Thanks!
Rafael

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end must be nigh.

Thanked by 1quick
    1. I’ve had bad whmcs modules produce similar errors. 2. No idea why ssh is out. 3. The end is nigh
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@deank said:
    The end must be nigh.

• HashTagHashTag Member

I'm sure its just an error after they updated whmcs, they're probably working to fix it.

• donlidonli Member

Looks like the todo has hit the fan.

• HashTagHashTag Member
    edited May 2018

@donli said:
    Looks like the todo has hit the fan.

That or the OP likes drama, besides the panel is fixed already seems like.

• no drama, please. YAY it's back!

You started it though.

• @deank said:
    The end must be nigh.

It's not funny anymore, if you keep saying it over, and over.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@florianb said:

@deank said:
    The end must be nigh.

It's not funny anymore, if you keep saying it over, and over.

and over again.

Accept me for who I am, for I am the messenger of idiots.

• Hostodo appears to be down again today.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Sorry everyone. This is due to a mix of CloudLinux weirdness, backups running, and crons running, all at the same time. We've been making some changes to rectify this and it shouldn't reoccur.

• gongyigongyi Member

I think the issue has been fixed

• thagoatthagoat Member

VPS server migration. Read your emails!

• tenperatenpera Member

@Hassan so what's your promo?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Dear Hostodo client,

We have decided to take the next step forward with our services, and are working on changes that will make your experience as a Hostodo client better.

We are going to be migrating all of our virtual private server services onto our own, colocated hardware. The new hardware will offer a big performance increase over what we are currently offering.

We'll also be operating on a new and improved network with this migration.

These migrations are beginning today. We are performing online/live migrations to prevent any downtime or service interruption.

This migration will incur an IP change. Both old and new IPs will be functional on your VPS until May 31st. On May 31st, the IP swap will be finalized and the old IP will no longer function properly. If you'd prefer, you can ticket in for an IP swap before the 31st, but the swap will be applied across all servers on the 31st.

We expect that you will be greatly satisfied with the increase in performance and overall quality of service!

We will continue to send emails regarding the status of the migration and other, more specific information regarding the migration, the IP swap (including exact new IPs), and other information soon.

Thank you,
    Hostodo.com

• riotriot Member

Great. 4 days notice while I'm in the middle of final exams.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2018

@K4Y5 said:

Dear Hostodo client,

We have decided to take the next step forward with our services, and are working on changes that will make your experience as a Hostodo client better.

We are going to be migrating all of our virtual private server services onto our own, colocated hardware. The new hardware will offer a big performance increase over what we are currently offering.

We'll also be operating on a new and improved network with this migration.

These migrations are beginning today. We are performing online/live migrations to prevent any downtime or service interruption.

This migration will incur an IP change. Both old and new IPs will be functional on your VPS until May 31st. On May 31st, the IP swap will be finalized and the old IP will no longer function properly. If you'd prefer, you can ticket in for an IP swap before the 31st, but the swap will be applied across all servers on the 31st.

We expect that you will be greatly satisfied with the increase in performance and overall quality of service!

We will continue to send emails regarding the status of the migration and other, more specific information regarding the migration, the IP swap (including exact new IPs), and other information soon.

Thank you,
    Hostodo.com

Sounds like they're keeping old and new copies online at the same time ( on old nodes and these new Colo nodes). That'll land folk in invalid states if so - where updates have been made to both old and new. It could alternatively be that they've migrated live to new hardware already and just added new IPs. If so - that shouldn't be an issue.

Might be worth checking with them what's happening if your data consistency matters to you.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said:
    @jackb That's not what it sounds like to me. They said both new/old IP will be working until 31st May doesn't mean they'll keep the old data and new data online until then.

They'll most likely setup a bridge between the old nodes and new Colo, that way the ips work during it.

I used a L2 bridge to handle my NJ to NY migration.

Francisco

• gaobogaobo Member

It is back online now.

• Still down for me...LA vps

• riotriot Member

Yeah, they haven't prevented downtime at all. VPS offline for 24 hours now and they won't even respond to a ticket to even say "we're working on it".

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@riot said:
    Yeah, they haven't prevented downtime at all. VPS offline for 24 hours now and they won't even respond to a ticket to even say "we're working on it".

Give them a bit. If they're doing that big of a plaform change it'll take some time, especially if they're doing IP swaps too.

Francisco

• riotriot Member

@Francisco said:

@riot said:

Give them a bit. If they're doing that big of a plaform change it'll take some time, especially if they're doing IP swaps too.

Francisco

Hey, they're the ones who set the expectation of no/little downtime. ;)

We are performing online/live migrations to prevent any downtime or service interruption.

36 hours down, now, and still no response.

edited June 2018

Hey everyone, thank you for your continued patience. We understand that this doesn't look good, but we're working diligently on getting everybody back online. We'll be posting announcements on our progress, please check: https://hostodo.com/portal/index.php?rp=/announcements/31/UPDATE-Migration-Status.html

• website down 36h,ticket not reply , fucking bad service hostodo

All tickets will be updated once VMs are up and accessible.

• riotriot Member

OK, my VPS is back up.

• YIemYIem Member

So far, more than 4 days of downtime, the loss is heavy