Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• ferriferri Member

Ympker said: Our discounts are back again, only for the 1st May week-end :

1 year Premium from 10 € (-66%) !

1 year Access from 5 € (-50%) !

So we need to wait until 1 May? Do i need some coupon or price automatically adjusted?

Thanks

• donlidonli Member

@ferri said:

So we need to wait until 1 May?

No, you need to go back in time to 1 May, 2017.

Thanked by 2angstrom Ympker
  • ferriferri Member

Ah my bad, you are right, it was 2017 ... :D

• Anyone wanna Speedtest them via IPerf? They now advertise to test it this way too:

Speed test over our network (10GB files)
    Tests on a dedicated and optimized server connected in 10Gbps -
    Test your speed using IPerf3 available on port 5200 (speedtest.1fichier.com)

• It's really worth it checking out there API which we can make use of now ;)

https://1fichier.com/api.html

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Am I correct in reading that in "Access" plan, files will only be stored for 30 days after last download?

• Is the kotlin script still usable because I want to convert it to PHP.
    Also should fake http referer as well.

• @banxix said:
    Is the kotlin script still usable because I want to convert it to PHP.
    Also should fake http referer as well.

Last time I tried it worked :)

• Search GitHub for 1Fichier, libraries using the APIs are starting to pop up. I made a clone of the kotlin script with Python requests with 57 lines of code.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • edfoxedfox Member
    edited January 2019
    import requests, sys

r = requests.get(
        f"https://1fichier.com/?{sys.argv[1]}?auth=1&inline",
        auth = (USERNAME, PASS),
        headers = {'User-Agent': "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.81 Safari/537.36"},
        allow_redirects=False)

if r.status_code == 302:
        print(f"Direct link: {r.headers['Location']}")
    elif r.status_code == 200:
        print(f"Oops! It looks like this file doesn't exist or you have no permission to access it! :(")

Replace your user and pass, then run it like python3 fichier.py file_id_here to make it work.

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited January 2019

@edfox said:
    import requests, sys

r = requests.get(
    f"https://1fichier.com/?{sys.argv[1]}?auth=1&inline",
    auth = (USERNAME, PASS),
    headers = {'User-Agent': "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/58.0.3029.81 Safari/537.36"},
    allow_redirects=False)

if r.status_code == 302:
    print(f"Direct link: {r.headers['Location']}")
    elif r.status_code == 200:
    print(f"Oops! It looks like this file doesn't exist or you have no permission to access it! :(")

Replace your user and pass, then run it like python3 fichier.py file_id_here to make it work.

Thought you have to make a second request to get premium link as kotlin script?

Anyway I have to make a PHP script to allow other users to download.

• @banxix said:

Thought you have to make a second request to get premium link as kotlin script?

I was going to do that but i noticed that even without the second request I'm able to download from my vps (using wget) with no issues.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2019

So I got myself a 1fichier premium and made some first tests.

What I like

• Speed is OK. Not great but really OK.
    • FTP upload

What I dislike

• FTP <-> web is strange to quirky. As in "an FTP uploaded file shows up only minutes later in the web interface."
    • FTP is upload only
    • FTP can't create or change to directories (it seems. I might be wrong. Need to test more)

!WARNING! - you should create an FTP user if you use FTP!

Reason: Obviously ftp sends user/password in plain text over the wire, so you certainly do not want to use your "main" credentials (for your account). Solution: (In their web interface) Premium users can create (up to 5 iirc) ftp user accounts with usernames and passwords of their own choice.

TL;DR

1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations. Also I wouldn't bet much on them having security high on their priority list. It seems quite useful though as (a) a data dump, e.g. for all those old games and other stuff (nobody here has movies, right, and if so they were properly purchased...) we usually don't need but don't like to throw away, and (b) as some kind of backup-backup or secondary backup.

How to save $$ with 1fichier?

My approach and maybe a useful tip for others:

Storage/backup servers are great but much more expensive than 1 fichier. With 1 fichier the following might be a nice approach: Have e.g. your daily/hourly/whatever backups to your storage server. Then, say, once a week, you upload either the last one or a compressed (gz or zstd) tar (preferably encrypted!) to 1fichier and delete the local copies except the last one (or whatever your strategy is).

Result: A relatively small backup server, say 100 GB, will nicely do and you have both, the versatility and advantages of a storage server and the massive storage of 1fichier -> 100 GB storage server instead of (an expensive) e.g. 3 TB storage server.

• i've been looking for something like this but I don't understand access offer , premium offer ?

I just want a storage CDN

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@jsg said:
    So I got myself a 1fichier premium and made some first tests.

What I like

• Speed is OK. Not great but really OK.
    • FTP upload

What I dislike

• FTP <-> web is strange to quirky. As in "an FTP uploaded file shows up only minutes later in the web interface."
    • FTP is upload only
    • FTP can't create or change to directories (it seems. I might be wrong. Need to test more)

!WARNING! - you should create an FTP user if you use FTP!

Reason: Obviously ftp sends user/password in plain text over the wire, so you certainly do not want to use your "main" credentials (for your account). Solution: (In their web interface) Premium users can create (up to 5 iirc) ftp user accounts with usernames and passwords of their own choice.

TL;DR

1fichier is not a reasonable replacement for a storage server due to the interface limitations. Also I wouldn't bet much on them having security high on their priority list. It seems quite useful though as (a) a data dump, e.g. for all those old games and other stuff (nobody here has movies, right, and if so they were properly purchased...) we usually don't need but don't like to throw away, and (b) as some kind of backup-backup or secondary backup.

How to save $$ with 1fichier?

My approach and maybe a useful tip for others:

Storage/backup servers are great but much more expensive than 1 fichier. With 1 fichier the following might be a nice approach: Have e.g. your daily/hourly/whatever backups to your storage server. Then, say, once a week, you upload either the last one or a compressed (gz or zstd) tar (preferably encrypted!) to 1fichier and delete the local copies except the last one (or whatever your strategy is).

Result: A relatively small backup server, say 100 GB, will nicely do and you have both, the versatility and advantages of a storage server and the massive storage of 1fichier -> 100 GB storage server instead of e.g. 3 TB storage server.

Your approach to using 1Fichier as a backup is the way to go tbh :)
    If encrypted you can dump all your backups from backup VPS there^^

Also make sure if possible always to enable "FTPeS" ^^

About your FTP "files appear after a while" issue:

When you go to your FTP Management you can either select "automatic" publication mode (runs every 5 mins, hence the wait time you described), or "manual" were you need to manually "publish" the files you uploaded via ftp which basically means making them visible in your dashboard (what automatic does every 5 min). When you select folder where you uploaded to and hit that "Valider" button it will publish the files in your dashboard. "Receive publication reports via email" is actually quite nice if you wanted to have a confirmation that backup.xyz has been synced/uploaded to ftp :)

Anyway, enjoy!

Thanked by 3jsg eol angstrom
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited January 2019

@Ympker said:

I don't think that my approach is the way to go because different people have different needs.

But for those of us (quite many, I guess) who have storage servers largely for backup purposes (like myself), my approach probably is a good way to go.

I just looked at @Neoon's and @ServerHunter's sites for 2 - 4 TB storage VPS (or atom dedis, etc) offers and I saw that 1fichier Premium pays for itself many times over (saving about 90€ and more per year) vs a storage server. Going the compromise route I chose saves somewhat less because even a small storage VPS, say, 100 GB, costs money but in summary I get much more for much less.

When you go to your FTP Management you can either select "automatic" publication mode (runs every 5 mins, hence the wait time you described), or "manual" were you need to manually "publish" the files you uploaded via ftp which basically means making them visible in your dashboard (what automatic does every 5 min). When you select folder where you uploaded to and hit that "Valider" button it will publish the files in your dashboard. "Receive publication reports via email" is actually quite nice if you wanted to have a confirmation that backup.xyz has been synced/uploaded to ftp :)

Thank you, I've found that out meanwhile but decided to mention it anyway because both methods aren't exactly perfect. That said, using 1fichier the way I suggested that's just a major inconvenience. Plus, as you said, one can get a "It worked OK" email when pushing the weekly (or whatever) backup to 1fichier.

All in all I'm not at all unhappy with 1 fichier, quite the contrary.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@jsg said:

@Ympker said:

I don't think that my approach is the way to go because different people have different needs.

But for those of us (quite many, I guess) who have storage servers largely for backup purposes (like myself), my approach probably is a good way to go.

I just looked at @Neoon's and @ServerHunter's sites for 2 - 4 TB storage VPS (or atom dedis, etc) offers and I saw that 1fichier Premium pays for itself many times over (saving about 90€ and more per year) vs a storage server. Going the compromise route I chose saves somewhat less because even a small storage VPS, say, 100 GB, costs money but in summary I get much more for much less.

Thank you, I've found that out meanwhile but decided to mention it anyway because both methods aren't exactly perfect. That said, using 1fichier the way I suggested that's just a major inconvenience. Plus, as you said, one can get a "It worked OK" email when pushing the weekly (or whatever) backup to 1fichier.

All in all I'm not at all unhappy with 1 fichier, quite the contrary.

Well I was actually meaning that if you want to secure your files when uploading your approach is probably what one should do.

Tbh. I have also uploaded unencrypted WP backups over FTP right via Updraft Plus from some hobby sites of mine where I don't really care about the files.

You do indeed save money with 1Fichier. You get 2TB of cold storage for 10€/year + probably 20-30TB of hot storage (anything stored & not downloaded for longer than 60 days counts towards cold storage). I'd argue you could even save on the VPS if it's only for hobby sites or you download the backup locally to your PC first, then encrypt it and sync it via WinSCP or another FTP client to 1Fichier :)

No problem mate ;)

This can also be interesting for some ppl. btw:

Network Authentication
    This feature is reserved for advanced users.
    With your Premium subscription, you can here allow access to our services without authentication to 1 IP address or hostname.
    This simplifies the use of our services by all users of a same Internet access.
    You can also easily use our services using nomad devices (TV, Box, NAS ...)
    (NB: Updated every 15mn. The first IP is used for hostnames. Hostname that do not resolve is automatically removed)

Also:

Limit access to your account by IP or country & 2FA is both nice to have^^

• 1Fichier is great, but sadly the implementation is quite cringe.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited January 2019

@edfox said:
    1Fichier is great, but sadly the implementation is quite cringe.

Agree.
    That's why it costs 10€/year and not priced at google drive/dropbox etc :)
    There are enough highly optimised premium backup/cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc out there already so I am happy to be able to select a cheaper option like 1Fichier even if it means limited usability & comfort^^

• I'm trying to figure out how to backup cpanel to this. I can't figure it out without the ability to create folders over ftp.

• @caniac22 said:
    I'm trying to figure out how to backup cpanel to this. I can't figure it out without the ability to create folders over ftp.

I backup my websites hosted on cpanel with Updraft Plus WP plugin where as FTP details I just use

ftpuser

ftpuserpw

Directory/Path: /

This way it uploads to the directory you assigned to the ftp user.

• Anyone seen this?

I just found out that under https://1fichier.com/hlp.html it still says "Cold Storage up to 100TB*" for premium users. So you CAN have more cold storage. It'll just cost more I assume:

• Extensions to get more Cold Storage are available on your management interface at unbeatable rates.

The question is how much they'll be charging. Atleast it doesn't seem they'll just invoice you if you have more cold storage but instead you'll probably be able to somewhere in management interface order more "cold storage space". Interesting nontheless. Anyone seen the rates for this?

• @Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

• Extensions to get more Cold Storage are available on your management interface at unbeatable rates.

Yes. That would be interesting to see, but i guess the rate would be 0.004€/gb

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

CDN rate is (0,005 € / GB) so maybe yeah.

• @Ympker said:

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

I'll drop them a mail

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @edfox said:

@Ympker said:

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    Anyone seen this?

I'll drop them a mail

They replied to my inquiry saying it'll soon appear on the page :)

• @Ympker said:

They replied to my inquiry saying it'll soon appear on the page :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

• @Malin said:
    I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

Well it's not that I need it right away. Was just curious :)

• @Ympker said:

@Malin said:
    I asked about that as well... like two weeks ago and got the same response. I have no idea how soon is actually soon.

Well it's not that I need it right away. Was just curious :)

I do. I have 7tb to store somewhere cheap since my dedi is full

Thanked by 1Ympker