Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] OVZ €5 Euro/YEAR 128MB-10GB-HDD-100GB Bandwidth. Extremely LIMITED!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] OVZ €5 Euro/YEAR 128MB-10GB-HDD-100GB Bandwidth. Extremely LIMITED!

uptimevpsuptimevps Member
edited September 2011 in Offers

Welcome to UptimeVPS Sales.

UptimeVPS Believes in maximum uptime for its customers. We use state of the art hardware and pride ourselves on having the best uptime around.

All hostnodes are all multicore with very high specifications.

All support is brought to you but numerous members of staff which years of experience.

Our nodes support both x86 templates and x86_64 offering you a great choice of variety depending on your requirments.

Currently we are offering a once in a life time offer. €5 Euros/Yr for a 128MB VPS Server with OpenVZ Virtualiaztion.

We pride our selves on a no over selling policy. All nodes are of a simular specification as below.

The nodes:

AMD 6 Core Processor
32GB DDR3 Memory
2x 2TB Hard disk drives.
1GBPS Connection.

Some nodes are of a lower specification but benefit from an I7 processor with a minimum of 24GBs of memory.

This offer is due to end soon so don't delay!

OpenVZ Servers

Due to the nature of the offer, there might be a slight delay in setup times.

UT-128
10GB Hard disk
128MB Memory
256MB Burstable
100GB Bandwidth
1 IPv4 IP Addresses
Choice of Distrobution.
Self Managed
SolusVM Control Panel

€5 Euro/Year

https://secure.uptimevps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=6

Alternative Offers.

UT-512
40GB Hard disk
512MB Memory
1024MB Burstable
400MB Bandwidth
1 IpV4 IP Addresses
Choice of Distrobution.
Self Managed
SolusVM Control Panel

€3.00 Euro/month Coupon SEPTEMBER

https://secure.uptimevps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

UT-1024
80GB Hard disk
1024MB Memory
2048MB Burstable
800GB Bandwidth
1 IpV4 IP Addresses
Choice of Distrobution.
Self Managed
SolusVM Control Panel

€6.00 Euro/month Coupon SEPTEMBER

https://secure.uptimevps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=5

Established Oct 2010 with over 12 Years Of Experience in the field.

Datacentre: OVH

Test IP: 87.98.184.76

Test file:

10MB: http://87.98.184.76/10mb.bin

100MB: http://87.98.184.76/100mb.bin

Terms of service: http://uptimevps.com/terms.pdf

OS Templates

CentOS 6 x86_64 & x86
Debian 5 x86_64 & x86
Debian 6 x86_64 & x86
Slackware 13 x86_64 & x86
OpenSuse 11 x86
Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 & x86
Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64 & x86

Contact sales at http://secure.uptimevps.com and we shall be happy to assist.

Comments

• Steve81Steve81 Member
    edited September 2011

Too good to be true?

Some things aren't very clear, to me:

1) Domain expire at the end of the next month. Why you didn't already renewed it if you want to continue your business?

2) The domain owner have the same address as the 1and1 internet. Are you a 1and1 internet spin-off?

3) 4 dns servers, 3 have the same ip (that also is the same ip of the www and mail server).

4) Hotmail address in the whois information. I suppose that you aren't a 1and1 spin-off.

• Very tempted. Anyone know of any downsides?

• @maxecxcloo: You read other topics? There a lot discussions.

• for the price of a pack of cigarettes I'm just going in.

• ciggarettes are 3,95 lol anyhow great offer cant miss it

• Hi,

The purpose of recent offers and this is to earn some trust and a good reputation without potential customers spending a lot of money. Maybe we are going about this in a wrong fashion.

The domain is on auto renewal.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2011

Sigh, OK.

I don't do this for many providers but I'll give you the lay down of why your plans are going to make you a prime deadpool candidate/1st position placer.

Anyone that has ever done any sort of research into European datacenters would know that OVH has a hellish abuse/TOS policy that the first sign of abuse/first complaint, and your box is getting formatted. If you account has mulitple complaints over multiple boxes? You're getting rm'd faster than Rus Foster during a weak password binge.

What are you going to do in < 2 months when you're dealing with OVH? Are you going to have the capital to purchase new IP space/servers at hetzner/burstnet/etc/etc/etc? Nope.

LET & LEB have both had their share of douc... short-term mentality "CEO's" that bailed & left their cheapo $10/y - $15/y customers high and dry. Do we need more? Hell no.

Lets do the math on your venture:

• OVH charges 280 EUR for a /24.
    • If you sell a full /24 worth of these, you've made a massive 1280 EUR.
    • Are you really going to be cramming 256 of these on a RAID1 to have enough capital to cover the box for a year?

Lets be real here, while you claim it's 'extremely limited', you're running these deals without any sort of stock cap (according to WHMCS).

When people see deals like this, the majority of your orders will be just these. Yes, some people might pick up a bigger plan and you'll have a little bit of recurring capital. Enough of a nest egg to deal with OVH when they decide to give you the business equivalent of an episode of OZ? doubt it.

If you're trying to build trust, don't do it on a plan that makes you look like you're just collecting money for a "nice birthday present".

Francisco

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

who cares man, its fast, its good, its cheap, if the customer is happy and the comapny makes money who cares about anything else? its a no-brainer
    BTW: i just got it: instant setup, so far i can say its hella fast :-)

• Noone, except the "company is making money" is a little doubtful :) On the other hand maybe this is just good marketing and they are intentionally loosing money on this plan, in order to gain better brand recognition and sell more of the other, more expensive plans.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Do you run any production sites? Ones that you rely on to live? If so, put your money where your mouth is, move it to these guys.

You SHOULD care because while you may not move a production site, there will be people that do and if these guys can't keep the lights on and their data safe, someones going to get screwed (read: not the owners).

"keep backups you noob!" doesn't cut it either. While it's a wonderful policy to try to stick by, so few people do. The hostrail failure should be a prime example of that policy. ClubUptime at least got their users data online for 48 - 72 hours.

I'm not trying to say these guys will pull a runner, but the last company to try to pull off the $6/y stuff was rackvm. They did it in OVH as well and bailed pretty damn hard.

Francisco

• you may be right or maybe u r just overthinking it... time will show, for my basic needs 5 euro a year is a jackpot

• uptimevps said: The domain is on auto renewal.

who's know ;) why not just renew your domain for say 2 years more?
    garmanonline aslo said that and then he's gone, back for a while and gone forever.

• @uptimevps: Your biggest enemy will soon be I/O. As Fran mentioned, you are going to be in deep **** when OVH recives multiple DMCA warnings, which they eventually will. I/O decreased for 20 MB/s to 76 MB/s in less then 10 days already.

• kristal said: ciggarettes are 3,95 lol anyhow great offer cant miss it

my country sells them for 5,00

• In the UK we are talking 6GBP+ for 20 cigs!

• I feel it good business not to get into a conflict with another provider, I will however point out stock levels have been in place over the last 48 hours.

UV-128 Dedicated/VPS Server (Solusvmpro) Recurring 53 After First Payment
    UV-384 Dedicated/VPS Server (Solusvmpro) Recurring 19 After First Payment

• 384 ? didnt see it in the first post ?!

• ztec said: my country sells them for 5,00

That is so expensive :S Maybe here can I get one for... 3 euros (are we talking about euros right?)

But, I don't smoke xD

• Yea euros.

• Considoring the fact that OVH charges £1/1€ per month per IP, that means your paying €15 per year for the VPSs IP alone..

• @Daniel: There is one time fee for OVH servers. £1/1€ is only for Kimsufi servers.

• Ips are one off costs, as correctly mentioned previously we are prepared to lose in the short term on theses to gain some trust. Makes perfect business sense so long as we don't sell hundred of thousands!

• I will give them 24 hours, to see if they are not in dead pool. If they can stand the next 24 hours, that reduces dead pool chances from 100% to 99% :p

But seriously I guess I'm most likely (99.9999999998%) I'm getting 1 or 2 months which I can get from tons other providers :X

Also looking at the website design :X

I don't know but, well, it's still maybe! And maybe they are good too!

• @uptimevps: actually, you will have to sell several hundred and therefore be at a sizeable loss to gain any noticeable level of trust.

• iKocka said: @Daniel: There is one time fee for OVH servers. £1/1€ is only for Kimsufi servers.

True, although you still have to pay for their addon-pack which allows you to pay one-time. And its like 2 Euro per IP one time if you do it that way.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

can i load windows on 384 ? :) :)

• Another too-good-to-be-true offer? Sure, why not ...

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 17.2539 s, 62.2 MB/s

2011-09-07 21:06:04 (35.8 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

Looks really fast, let's see how it goes

• uptimevps 128 ovz 128:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 12.0486 s, 89.1 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=64k conv=fdatasync 65536+0 records in 65536+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.2432 s, 81.1 MB/s

• OVH has a hellish abuse/TOS policy that the first sign of abuse/first complaint, and your box is getting formatted.

And yet they're the seedbox capital of the world.

Always wondered about that.