Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Ympker said:

@Neoon said:
    premium backups over FTP, such encryption.

For my personal backups it's totally fine and better than no backups for sure, eh?

Let's be honest: We all know that there are Premium backup services out there like Backupsy, R1Soft, Google Drive, Storage VPS, Dropbox... you name it ... but what we also know is that this is LET and many of us are cheapskates and proudly so! A backup in need is a friend indeed :P So why not let everyone else consider the pros and cons of this deal and let them make the choice for themselves, eh :-)

Its not about the service, its about that if FTP is used, it should be at least encrypted, even your passwords are transmitted in plain.

• @Neoon said:

@Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

For my personal backups it's totally fine and better than no backups for sure, eh?

Let's be honest: We all know that there are Premium backup services out there like Backupsy, R1Soft, Google Drive, Storage VPS, Dropbox... you name it ... but what we also know is that this is LET and many of us are cheapskates and proudly so! A backup in need is a friend indeed :P So why not let everyone else consider the pros and cons of this deal and let them make the choice for themselves, eh :-)

Its not about the service, its about that if FTP is used, it should be at least encrypted, even your passwords are transmitted in plain.

For non critical data and a password only used at said file host the risk is a fair one to take :)
    Besides I can change the pw back any time if I'm hacked, too. The "important" data on 1Fichier is encrypted before the upload anyway. But I hear ya^^ They could certainly improve some things^^

• pikepike Veteran

@Ympker said:
    365 Days 1Fichier Premium for 13$ available here:

So at which price does it renew?

• @pike said:

@Ympker said:
    365 Days 1Fichier Premium for 13$ available here:

So at which price does it renew?

There is no "renewal" price as in subscription. You always buy prepaid time. That's why I always extended when there were special offers like the 10€/year one :P Atm it's 30€/year or 24$ at a reseller. They unfortunately removed the Lifetime plan it seems :/ Was considering that one

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Neoon said:

@Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

Long live FTP. :-)

1fichier will improve in this respect with time.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2018

@Ympker said:
    There is no "renewal" price as in subscription. You always buy prepaid time.

Thanks mate, gonna consider this next time I'm in need for some storage. Do they use a french datacenter? €: I'm going to do my own research ^^

Thanked by 1Ympker

@pike said:

@Ympker said:
    There is no "renewal" price as in subscription. You always buy prepaid time.

Thanks mate, gonna consider this next time I'm in need for some storage. Do they use a french datacenter?

Although the company is French, I think that the servers are in the Netherlands.

Thanked by 2Ympker pike
  • MultiMulti Member

Can I also use ftp to access my files? Would be a great alternative to store files for plex server...

• @Multi said:
    Can I also use ftp to access my files? Would be a great alternative to store files for plex server...

Only download I believe. Not manage or anything.

• pikepike Veteran

@angstrom said:
    Although the company is French, I think that the servers are in the Netherlands.

At least this means they don't power their servers with nuclear powerplants, which is good, I guess.

• @angstrom

Sad that they removed lifetime plan :S Might be that they will be upgrading some stuff soon^^

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@YokedEgg said:

Sad that they removed lifetime plan

That's a good thing. It means they might be planning to actually stay around.

• @donli said:

@YokedEgg said:

They have been around since 2009 already though :P But yes on that note I agree :)

@Ympker said:

@donli said:

@YokedEgg said:

They have been around since 2009 already though :P But yes on that note I agree :)

Yeah, lifetime plans are always a little delicate, for both sides (provider and customer). But it was a good deal while it lasted. :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@donli said:

@YokedEgg said:

Yeah, lifetime plans are always a little delicate, for both sides (provider and customer). But it was a good deal while it lasted. :-)

Did you get lifetime?

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@donli said:

@YokedEgg said:

Did you get lifetime?

I was tempted, but in the end, I wasn't brave enough!

Frankly, though, I'm not a fan of lifetime offers. As I said above, they're always a little delicate -- life is too unpredictable!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@donli said:

@YokedEgg said:

Did you get lifetime?

Frankly, though, I'm not a fan of lifetime offers. As I said above, they're always a little delicate -- life is too unpredictable!

Fair enough :P I skipped it back then, too. But now after 1 year of experiencing the service and the FTP feature revisited + seeing on Facebook that they are working on improving their services Id opt for Lifetime now^^

Thanked by 1angstrom

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@donli said:

@YokedEgg said:

Did you get lifetime?

Fair enough :P I skipped it back then, too. But now after 1 year of experiencing the service and the FTP feature revisited + seeing on Facebook that they are working on improving their services Id opt for Lifetime now^^

Yeah, maybe I would too. Another part of me says: "Life is short; go for the lifetime offer!" :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • What is the current best offer?

• @greattomeetyou said:
    What is the current best offer?

24USD/year from one of the resellers (19€ish)

• Damn...seems like they are heading down the right direction:

@angstrom

Thanked by 1angstrom

@Ympker said:
    Damn...seems like they are heading down the right direction:

[...]

Yeah, good to see. :-)

Again, I think that a lifetime offer is not really in their best interest as company, but I imagine that they will honor any customer who already has a lifetime plan.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Besides Unlimited is not unlimited anymore (2TB fair usage).

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2018

@mtsbatalha said:
    Besides Unlimited is not unlimited anymore (2TB fair usage).

Hmm.. Might need to move some stuff then at some time^^ Did they change their ToS?
    Can't find it in the ToS though. Only on reddit

• What about existing users who have more than 2TB stored there?

• atomiatomi Member

They might notify users with more than 2tb stuff. After all its not hard limit like in some other cloud providers where they disable uploading until you are below the limit

• Support reply regarding "unlimited":

Hello,

You should not exceed 2TB of cold storage.

Hot storage is not limited

So either you stick to 2TB limit or you frequently download your files.

@Ympker said:
    Support reply regarding "unlimited":

Hello,

I imagine that there was abuse of "unlimited" (people using a lot of cold storage), which would explain the new stricter policy.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:
    Support reply regarding "unlimited":

Hello,

I imagine that there was abuse of "unlimited" (people using a lot of cold storage), which would explain the new stricter policy.

I guess so. Anyway 2TB for 30€/year is still plenty (+ optional hot storage burst).

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • "Cold storage is data unused from months". So as long as you Backup your Backups monthly it should be unlimited storage :P

Thanked by 1angstrom