Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting BAD REVIEWS.

Comments

• @jvnadr said:

mrlongshen said: Please take a good look at my picture ya. I trust Wishosting, and I have 2 services with them. This is not montly payment bro. This is quarter payment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If my files contains technical issue or a virus. It should be delete 1 week after I upload it to my services !

For start, it would be a good idea to leave those "ya" and "bro", except if you are 10y/o.
    Now, I didn't say that your files contain viruses or... technical issues! I said that you should have backups because there are a lot of reasons for the data to be lost in a remote box.
    But your response is showing that a part of the "delete" mistake is yours, you clearly don't speak good English and this is usually an issue in understanding communication with a provider or giving him to understand what you are want from him...
    Anyway, good luck with your data, but I would be skeptical when the provider is silent a week after...

OK. My apologize. Yeah I have bad english, because this is my 2nd language only. I know I have to 2nd backup. Because I just find new dedicated server for backup my files. I have no time to transfer my files yet then wishosting delete my account. This is what I regret.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

mrlongshen said: OK. My apologize. Yeah I have bad english, because this is my 2nd language only. I know I have to 2nd backup. Because I just find new dedicated server for backup my files. I have no time to transfer my files yet then wishosting delete my account. This is what I regret.

Don't apologize on your bad English (I am also not a fluent speaker, it;s also a second language for me). It's just that it is creating issues now and then on communicating your needs...
    As of backups... Always take backups and take backups and take backups... as soon as you start any service! It is mandatory!

• @jvnadr said:

exception0x876 said: I have sent you a refund for the the service that you still had some time left.

The right move here should be to give him a full refund for the whole service, because after all it is your fault to cancel the service without your client tell you to do so.
    And is is not good for your reputation to ignore his ticket and only response publicly in LET a week ago, only because he opened a public thread about your service...

I hope @exception0x876 will consider this. Because I trust Wishosting is good provider since I know it from Lowendtalk. That why I use Wishosting. But this happen to me. Very unlucky.

@jvnadr said:

mrlongshen said: I could not make a backup for my valuable files

This should be a lesson for you: always take frequent backups BEFORE issues arise, not after... We have all being in this position in the past and we learned from this mistake...

I know, the things is I want to clone using rclone to my new dedicated server they have deleted my services.

• @mrlongshen said:
    OK. My apologize. Yeah I have bad english, because this is my 2nd language only. I know I have to 2nd backup. Because I just find new dedicated server for backup my files. I have no time to transfer my files yet then wishosting delete my account. This is what I regret.

i bet the scenario was different before this happen. maybe you got dedis, migrate the files from vps to the shiny dedis, and then cancel the vps services. i mean still ... no backup.

no offense, just my opinion based on your information.

• @kassle said:

@mrlongshen said:

i bet the scenario was different before this happen. maybe you got dedis, migrate the files from vps to the shiny dedis, and then cancel the vps services. i mean still ... no backup.

no offense, just my opinion based on your information.

Just got new dedis. Yeah. Since it almost 2 tera files. Just got new 6tb tera dedi to clone there. Thanks will always make backup later.

• Moved back to reviews as it is exactly what OP said it was.

Thanked by 2dynamo atomi
  • dynamodynamo Member
    edited April 2018

@teamacc said: Moved to offtopic to give you some time to reply before google does its thing, but will move it back to indexable when it's sorted.

After ignoring the ticket for a week (deliberately I guess) and forcing the OP to post here for a response, host has now responded expressing inability to correct the blunder he did. Shouldn't the topic be moved back now?

EDIT: Ignore. Didn't refresh the page before posting.

• @teamacc said:
    Moved back to reviews as it is exactly what OP said it was.

Thanks. Hope google bots will crawls this.

• @mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:

They already have and its hit #1 spot!

• EHRAEHRA Member
    edited April 2018

1) Canceled services immediately and erased all data

2) Deleted client account after creation of this topic in lowendtalk

3) Offered a partial refund only (this does not solve anything)

4) Ignored the client for a week and only responded because of this topic in lowendtalk

Wishosting, it's good to avoid them.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Saying bro in Chinese culture have a meaning of "I respect you", it is not immature to use these words.

Thanked by 1pike
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Mistakes happen and maybe there will be more checks and balances now. So its a learning lesson for the provider. LET it be and move on.

• @EHRA said:

Whenever i properly cancel my service somewhere, I'd prefer to have my data erased immediately. That being said, the cancellation here wasn't "proper" in any sense of the word.

As far as I read it, it's the services that were deleted, and OP is using the "account" word as a synonym for "service" or "vps".

Agreed, I'd say a full refund (1 month for the monthly service, 3 months for the quarterly service) would be a nice gesture given that the fault is mainly at wishosting's side.

4) Ignored the client for a week and only responded because of this topic in lowendtalk

Dick move indeed.

Sounds like their support is overworked and/or underslept.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • Half of China is already here, celebrating that this time the provider made a mistake.

• Definitely wasn't expecting that. Looks to me like another provider to avoid.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We had a similar situation once. Client of ours had 2 servers with us and opened a ticket saying they wanted their servers reinstalled. Note, they used the plural serverS and did not specify an IP or server ID. So we understood that too mean both servers. They also confirmed that they did not need any data off the server and understood that reinstalling would result in loss of all data and that they wanted the reinstall as quickly as possible.

After reinstalling, they were apparently livid after finding out we wiped both servers and they did not have any backups for it... Language/communication is important.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited April 2018

@randvegeta said: Language/communication is important.

I don't see any language problem here. Host was click-happy and just didn't bother to read the ticket before taking actions as critical as terminating and deleting multiple services with immediate effect and no chance of roll-back.

Mistakes can happen. If there was no way to rectify the damage, host could have responded to the OP with an apology and appropriate compensation but he instead chose to ignore the customer.

• I'm on the fence with this one.

From my view, the ticket entitled "Terminate current services" suggests a direct request for an action from the provider, "How to request current services cancellation" in the ticket further suggests a desire for the services to be cancelled.

On the other hand, confirming whether the client would like for the services to be terminated immediately or cancelled at the end of the billing period would've easily prevented this from occurring - The ticket didn't specify a timeframe or state "Please terminate all current services immediately"

I'd point this to miscommunication on both sides, both played a part in this cockup.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

FAT32 said: Saying bro in Chinese culture have a meaning of "I respect you"

So, Chinese culture contains male youth American slang? OK then, bro! I suppose there is also a translated version of the "Bro Code" book written by Barney Stinson...

• Yikes, yeah. Before permanently deleting data you should always clarify before actually doing it for reasons just like this.

• @jvnadr said:

FAT32 said: Saying bro in Chinese culture have a meaning of "I respect you"

So, Chinese culture contains male youth American slang? OK then, bro! I suppose there is also a translated version of the "Bro Code" book written by Barney Stinson...

The word Brother is commonly used throughout the world? We don't own the word bro. Anyways, who cares?

• This guy's lost all his data bro! Why can't you guys sympathize with him bro? Like what host does that bro? I feel for you bro.

• emghemgh Member

To everyone that thinks it’s his fault for the title, did it occur to you that he didn’t state if the termination was going to be right away or when the billing ends, so even if he did only read the title, the request never stated that the termination should be right away.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Bro, the end is nigh.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • FalzoFalzo Member

• @ElliotJ said: "How to request current services cancellation" in the ticket further suggests a desire for the services to be cancelled.

There is question mark after it.

How to request current services cancellation ?

Even to a non-native English speaker, it should be evident that its a question not a instruction.

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2018

I have sympathy for both sides. The only approach I can think of for this situation (cross-language communication issue) is to never ever ever allow customers to terminate services through tickets. Host should instead make it impossible to cancel a server except through the control panel. If the customer tickets to cancel a server, give them the control panel link.

Also there's another service I use that if you cancel/delete it, retains the data for 1 week (the cancellation button informs you of this) before secure-wiping it. I think that approach is ok, though in the case of a large storage server it might not be economical.

• YokedEgg said: The word Brother is commonly used throughout the world? We don't own the word bro.

I am not American or even English speaker! :)
    Also, the word "brother" yes, the slang "bro" no.
    Anyway, I care much less than continue this topic! :p

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • @maldovia said:
    This is the fault of poor communication and bad luck. Sorry this happened, but it is not reason for a negative review. It's just as much your fault as it is his.

The customer still had 15 days they already paid for. So, what would make for a negative review?

I hope he has a backup somewhere for the client ....

• @zafouhar said:

@mrlongshen said:

@teamacc said:

They already have and its hit #1 spot!

Good. It has to be a lesson.

@EHRA said:

Wishosting, it's good to avoid them.

I hope my fate is defended. wishosting need to improve their service quality if they want to keep their good name.