Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

myserverplanet - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

myserverplanet

2»

Comments

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited April 2018

@Clouvider said:

@Hoost said:
    File for strike off > Pay fee > Send notice > transfer any assets > wait three months

If one of the posts above is right about them still billing, then that might be it.

Not that easy if the debts are left and someone actively tries to recover them. Registrar won't strike off and one will have to go through a costly liquidation process. Also - forget about transferring any assets in that case.

You can't just turn around and say meh, I ain't paying you, I'll take all the juice and strike off the empty shell. It doesn't work like that.

Yep. Further enforces your theory that it's a client and my theory that it's not HMRC, no? :p

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hoost said: Yep. Further enforces your theory that it's a client and my theory that it's not HMRC, no? :p

How would I know :P?

I only rely on the public data and this is not a matter of a public record.

• One of the worst providers I ever had.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@MarcusVinicius said:
    One of the worst providers I ever had.

well before all of this he claimed to be working on his own vps panel which I assume now was nothing but a scam or marketing ploy for nothing.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

cubedata said: well before all of this he claimed to be working on his own vps panel which I assume now was nothing but a scam or marketing ploy for nothing.

Was it blue?

I thought I remembered a provider around here within the last year having a very blue demo panel that they were going to sell for like $4/month/node once it was production ready. Same person?

Francisco

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

@Francisco said:

cubedata said: well before all of this he claimed to be working on his own vps panel which I assume now was nothing but a scam or marketing ploy for nothing.

Was it blue?

I thought I remembered a provider around here within the last year having a very blue demo panel that they were going to sell for like $4/month/node once it was production ready. Same person?

Francisco

maybe, would have to find the screenshot of it to tell you whether it was blue or not, you was right it was very blue. he called it mspvm is what I do know about it.

but yes same person it was nick aka mspnick that stated this.

found even a screenshot from one of his threads(seems I am not embedding the image right)
    https://prnt.sc/d227cg is the link to the screenshot.

Yep, that's the one!

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Why are the load averages percentages?

Then again, 0.5% CPU from 0 VMs...that is pretty amazing technology.

@raindog308 said:
    Why are the load averages percentages?

Then again, 0.5% CPU from 0 VMs...that is pretty amazing technology.

Sounds like nothing was wired up and it was just the initial UI put together.

Francisco

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2018

Honestly I think it may have been the panel that pushed him over the edge financially, he was getting it developed with 3rd party devs and it was semi functional, I did a little test and gave him some feedback a while ago.

I used to keep in contact with him a fair bit but cut ties when he pissed on the LES community, just a guy with huge dreams way beyond his reach that tried anyway and could not be told he was making a mistake.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    I used to keep in contact with him a fair bit but cut ties when he pissed on the LES community, just a guy with huge dreams way beyond his reach that tried anyway and could not be told he was making a mistake.

Agreed, I used to be in daily contact with him a couple of years back when I had a dedi with him, he was always active on Skype and seemed like a nice enough guy, seems to have gone downhill quite a bit though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

iKeyZ said: Agreed, I used to be in daily contact with him a couple of years back when I had a dedi with him, he was always active on Skype and seemed like a nice enough guy, seems to have gone downhill quite a bit though.

Not really sure what happened, I know he had some medical issues, and I know after that he was in a significant car accident, maybe he just got taken out of the game due to not being able to work and could not face the idea of making a public statement about closing down.

AnthonySmith said: Honestly I think it may have been the panel that pushed him over the edge financially, he was getting it developed with 3rd party devs and it was semi functional, I did a little test and gave him some feedback a while ago.

That's a good money pit if you're not well funded.

I've seen too many people near lose their shirts with 3rd party developers and many times the project falls dead w/o anything.

Francisco