Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for OpenVZ 7 VPS plans, with state/conntrack netfilter modules supported in guests
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for OpenVZ 7 VPS plans, with state/conntrack netfilter modules supported in guests

Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
edited April 2018 in Requests

The subject line tells it all, actually.

Also, host supporting kernels above 4.4.* would be a great plus.

Price my be outside LEB/LET range. Any country would do. All other parameters aren't of much value at the moment - apart from at least 1 IPv4 and at least 1 IPv6. I will choose whatever I need if the mentioned OpenVZ features are supported.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Master_Bo said: Also, host supporting kernels above 4.4.* would be a great plus.

How would you expect that to work when OVZ7 is based on 3.10?

Maybe you're after LXC?

Francisco

• Any particular reason you want OpenVZ 7 vs KVM?

OpenVZ is a dying breed.

• @Francisco said:
    How would you expect that to work when OVZ7 is based on 3.10?

Maybe you're after LXC?

I have a new Waveride's OpenVZ 7 VPS. Ubuntu 16.04 with 4.4.* kernels works just fine. I assume OpenVZ 7 can as well be upgraded to higher kernels.

@YokedEgg said:
    Any particular reason you want OpenVZ 7 vs KVM?

OpenVZ is a dying breed.

I have to test certain package on multiple virtualization types.

Personally, I use KVM whenever there's choice.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2018

Master_Bo said: I have a new Waveride's OpenVZ 7 VPS. Ubuntu 16.04 with 4.4.* kernels works just fine. I assume OpenVZ 7 can as well be upgraded to higher kernels.

Nah, that's forged.

OVZ has a file called osreleases.conf where you can specify what kernel should be reported depending on the OS in question, that way they can get around some glibc limitations.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Master_Bo
  • @Francisco said:
    Nah, that's forged.

OVZ has a file called osreleases.conf where you can specify what kernel should be reported depending on the OS in question, that way they can get around some glibc limitations.

I see. In any case, what matters to me is checking whether ipset can now work in OpenVZ guests.

According to this bug, it should.