Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any reviews about namesilo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any reviews about namesilo?

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited April 2018 in General

Hello all!
Does anyone have any review/opinion about namesilo domain register? I use them since last year for several non-critical domains and i am willing to transfer there for start a couple of critical domains (.com) from GD. I am asking for opinions on stability, secure, validity as a company etc.
I am rather happy (if I put away their terrible client panel) from namesilo, but then, I am not so long with them and have not any really serious domains there.
On the other hand, even if GD was really stable for me for the last ~10 years, I am really pissed off of the continuous rise of their prices (they are nowadays almost double from cheap respected registers - they are asking ~18$ renewal price for some .com's I have to renew), the spamming in my inbox and the extra charges of tiny things like the air I breath!

Comments

• They are the registrar we use and have used for over one year now. Stable pricing, good discount opportunities and their whmcs modules works well.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I've always used namecheap.

• pnklzpnklz Member

Used them a few times before - reasonable prices. Security is average, maybe a bit better. Less nagging than GD to be sure. Namecheap is also worth a look.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • It works. From a registrar, that's what I expect and want. Been using NameSilo for 2 years now, 0 complaints.

Nowadays, I just stick to Porkbun and Namecheap.

Thanked by 2jvnadr yomero
  • donlidonli Member
    edited April 2018

@jvnadr said:
    Hello all!
    Does anyone have any review/opinion about namesilo domain register?

Get off GD. Namesilo is good. Namecheap is good too (edge to name silo for their free domain privacy). Cloudflare for (free) DNS.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • I also have domains in namecheap, internet.bs and some local (greek) registers. i used to have over 30 domains in GD, but nowadays there are left there less than 8...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLID.

I do recommend.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Recommended.

We use them and have more than 500 domains there. Also their WHMCS plugin works flawlessly. The only to access their client area is to add funds :D

I don't even know how their support system is, never used it! I mean never had to use it ;)

Thanked by 2jvnadr Junkless
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Solid no issues here, the Porkbun and Namesilo both great and no surprises like price jump.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Any recommendations for EU registrars? (not US based ones)

• TomTom Member

+1 namesilo

• Some update: I just transferred 2 domains from GD to Namesilo. I am really impressed from both providers (yes, from the devil GD too!).
    I started the transfer procedure half an hour ago and GD released immediately the domain (yes, there were several steps to unlock and agree with the transfer) and Namesilo immediately accept it! The domains are now under the handling of NS in less than 30 minutes! Wow!

• YokedEggYokedEgg Member
    edited April 2018

@jvnadr said:
    Some update: I just transferred 2 domains from GD to Namesilo. I am really impressed from both providers (yes, from the devil GD too!).
    I started the transfer procedure half an hour ago and GD released immediately the domain (yes, there were several steps to unlock and agree with the transfer) and Namesilo immediately accept it! The domains are now under the handling of NS in less than 30 minutes! Wow!

To be honest, there's a lot of good domain registrars out, it's something hard to fuck up.

I just go with Namecheap because of their political stances I align with, and I like the brand over all. I've used them since I was like 13, and I watched them grow from a tiny enom reseller to actually being ICANN-Accredited, so I kind of have a connection I guess? But, I realize I could probably get the same shit at Namesilo too lol.

• YokedEgg said: To be honest, there's a lot of good domain registrars out, it's something hard to fuck up.

And yet, some registers are fucked up! I transferred 2 .coms a year ago to namesilo and it took 11 days for the departure register to release the domains, asking every couple days something new to agree with sending emails...

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • is it possible to resell domains from namecheap or porkbun? Though I have been very happy with Namesilo so far.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@vinter said:
    Any recommendations for EU registrars? (not US based ones)

Used to be 123-reg, but I personally had plenty of issues.

OVH is still great.

As for the rest is controlled by Brussels bureaucrats, this way domains are more expensive than US based registrars.

• I just love Namesilo.... Using them for over 4years now with like 500 domains and no single issue....

• WHTWHT Member

5-6 years with them, solid.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Are they banned by @WHT though?

:DDDD

• WHTWHT Member

@deank said:
    Are they banned by @WHT though?

:DDDD

Hell yes. God got banned by bear also.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • twaintwain Member

Ummm....., they're great?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@vinter said:
    Any recommendations for EU registrars? (not US based ones)

I have had good experience with https://subreg.cz/en/

• sinsin Member

I use Namesilo and Porkbun for all of my domains nowadays. The only times I use other registrars is if they have a promo deal going on and then I just transfer the domains out after a year.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • 90% of my domains are in Namesilo!
    They are solid!

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • Solid option for sure.

• Reason #1 their website makes sense. It's not some trendy BS web 3.0 slow loading janky S P A C E - W A S T I N G pile of crap (like Namecheap, Godaddy and others).

Reason #2 best price, free WHOIS privacy.

Reason #3 very fast transfers in, instant (immediate) transfers away. Honestly a great company.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • BBTNBBTN Member

+1 for Namesilo. Got all my .net with them.

• I love how simple their pages are.

Bookmarkable trasfer status/logs pages for individual domains.

• Namesilo.com is great, pricing and features are reasonable.

• Have my domains with Namesilo.com also, no complaints what so ever, prices are one of the cheapest