Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

servercheap VPS email limit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

servercheap VPS email limit

rahul_rrahul_r Member

Hello,

I need to now the daily limit of a servercheap VPS. I contacted the provide. But they didn't mentioned the daily limit.

KVM -2CPU Cores + 2GB Ram + 25GB SSD + Unmetered Bandwidth

Comments

• donlidonli Member

@rahul_r said:
    Hello,

I need to now the daily limit of a servercheap VPS. I contacted the provide. But they didn't mentioned the daily limit.

What did they say in their reply?

• I don't know about this particular provider, but it's unlikely that they are bothered with sending out limit on a VPS. If you send bulk emails from a VPS, you don't abuse a physical server, so a hosting provider should not care about that. You are limited only by VPS resources.
    P.S. If you send spam and they get complaints, they will come after you no matter the number of emails.

Thanked by 2CrossBox rahul_r
  • I wouldn't imagine an email limit to be in place on a KVM VPS - Check their TOS/AUP, if they don't allow mass mailing then don't use them, if there's no mention you should be good to go.

As previously said though if there's spam being sent out, you're likely to get your service suspended fairly quickly if it's in high volumes especially.

Thanked by 1rahul_r
  • @donli said:

@rahul_r said:
    Hello,

What did they say in their reply?

That they dont allow any kind of emailing activity from their VPS. I even mentioned those email are for event updates monthly by mentioning my website.

Currently have to stick with Amazon SES for emailing..

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@rahul_r said: That they dont allow any kind of emailing activity from their VPS.

Well, now you seem to be contradicting yourself, because in your opening post you said that you had been emailing but that you had reached your daily limit.

Frankly, it does sound like you're were emailing too much, which is why they said something, but none of us has any of the details (neither from the provider's side), so it's hard to know what to conclude.

rahul_r said: Currently have to stick with Amazon SES for emailing..

Probably a good idea.

Thanked by 2rahul_r doughmanes
  • @angstrom said:

@rahul_r said: That they dont allow any kind of emailing activity from their VPS.

Well, now you seem to be contradicting yourself, because in your opening post you said that you had been emailing but that you had reached your daily limit.

Frankly, it does sound like you're were emailing too much, which is why they said something, but none of us has any of the details (neither from the provider's side), so it's hard to know what to conclude.

Probably a good idea.

I send around 5k email per month..not much..!

• That's not much indeed, even for a shared plan. That's strange that they forbid emailing completely. Did they mention some specific restrictions or terms? If they just don't allow emails, I recommend finding another host. There is not much sense in paying for two separate services.

Thanked by 1rahul_r
  • rahul_rrahul_r Member
    edited April 2018

@Xenia said:
    That's not much indeed, even for a shared plan. That's strange that they forbid emailing completely. Did they mention some specific restrictions or terms? If they just don't allow emails, I recommend finding another host. There is not much sense in paying for two separate services.

Their reply

https://prnt.sc/j4t4l3

• Also i need a advice. I am using vestcp as cpanel alternative and have issues with dns configuration.

Would youll recommend to stick with it or try out webmin etc..

Thanks..!

• @rahul_r said:
    Also i need a advice. I am using vestcp as cpanel alternative and have issues with dns configuration.

Thanks..!

Ouch... Have you made sure your installation is secure first of all as they were recently hit with an exploit...

Thanked by 1rahul_r
  • @IThinkUFailed said:

@rahul_r said:
    Also i need a advice. I am using vestcp as cpanel alternative and have issues with dns configuration.

Thanks..!

Ouch... Have you made sure your installation is secure first of all as they were recently hit with an exploit...

Have reinstalled my server 2 time. Received a email from my service provide on the security issues..!

Vesta CP Security Advisory

It has come to our attention that a popular free control panel VESTA CP, used by a number of our customers, is suffering from an 0-day exploit.
    It is due to a vulnerability in VESTA's API, which allows code to be executed as ROOT.
    According to reports, this was discovered few days ago.

Please follow this link to read the full advisory.

https://servercheap.net/crm/index.php?rp=/announcements/16/Vesta-CP-Security-Advisory.html

Best Regards
    Servercheap.NET Support

• @rahul_r said:

@angstrom said:

Probably a good idea.

Since these are all transactional email from your site and not spam, why don't you use mailgun? They provide you with 10,000 free email quota every month.

I have 6 servers with servercheap and they've been nothing but excellent.

Thanked by 1rahul_r

@rahul_r said:

@angstrom said:

Probably a good idea.

Don't want to defend servercheap's decision, but I guess that they simply decided that you were sending too much mail. It's true that that amount of mail goes beyond what one normally needs for personal mail.

At the same time, their ToS ( https://servercheap.net/legal.html ) only mentions unsolicited mail as being prohibited, so unless they claimed that the mail that you were sending was unsolicited, they were not completely fair. Probably, they wanted to play it safe just in case some of the mail that you're sending wasn't transactional. Nevertheless, they overreacted.

Thanked by 1rahul_r
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited April 2018

DanSummer said: why don't you use mailgun?

^^
    This. And there are plenty of transcactional mail / smtp gate companies that offer from 2K to 15K free sent mails each month, so, you could try one of them, if not mailgun. But, be careful. many of them won;t let you send all the monthly limit at once, but some hundreds per day.
    Beside that, 5K per month is not much. Was sending divided or it was 5K at once? Maybe if the latter, that triggered the alarm for them.

Thanked by 1rahul_r
  • AITHostingAITHosting Member
    edited April 2018

@rahul_r said:

@Xenia said:
    That's not much indeed, even for a shared plan. That's strange that they forbid emailing completely. Did they mention some specific restrictions or terms? If they just don't allow emails, I recommend finding another host. There is not much sense in paying for two separate services.

Their reply

Well, there is a big difference between spammy messages and emails to your own subscribers.
    I quote from their TOS/AUP:

"6. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of Servercheap's services to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending account."
    https://servercheap.net/legal.html

That means that you are safe if you send emails to your subscribers and these emails contain easily detectable 'unsubscribe' button in them.
    So, it's either they assume you are a spammer (the screenshot does not contain your initial question) or it's just the way their support agents interpret their TOS/AUP.
    Anyway, did they suspend your VPS? Did their legal team send you something?

• @Xenia said:

@rahul_r said:

@Xenia said:

Their reply

Well, there is a big difference between spammy messages and emails to your own subscribers.
    I quote from their TOS/AUP:

"6. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM): Use of Servercheap's services to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending account."
    https://servercheap.net/legal.html

That means that you are safe if you send emails to your subscribers and these emails contain easily detectable 'unsubscribe' button in them.
    So, it's either they assume you are a spammer (the screenshot does not contain your initial question) or it's just the way their support agents interpret their TOS/AUP.
    Anyway, did they suspend your VPS? Did their legal team send you something?

VPS is not suspended. I have just shifted the website due to vestacp issue. but my new hosting have cpanel is creating lots of issues. some how, bots are scanning my site . i use contactform7 for email collection.so, wherever they find sub text box .I am receiving lost of spam email. just like a corn job every 30 min.

• Do you use capcha for contact7? Try it https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-simple-recaptcha/
    By the way, I asked servercheap support whether I can send 5000 emails per month with newsletters and updates, they replied with this:
    "Hello,

We do not have email sending limits per se, what we have is programs which pro-actively monitor the email patterns of a server and if they detect what we consider suspicious mail pattern, server
    might be stopped or suspended until further examination.
    We do this solely to protect our network against spammers and to keep the reputation of our ips at an acceptable level.
    Sending newsletters and updates is what we consider grey area, it could mean different things to different people.
    If your business depends on email deliverability of newsletters and such, we recommend looking at services which specialize in such areas such as g suite, mailgun, mailchimp."

• @Xenia said:
    Do you use capcha for contact7? Try it https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7-simple-recaptcha/
    By the way, I asked servercheap support whether I can send 5000 emails per month with newsletters and updates, they replied with this:
    "Hello,

We do not have email sending limits per se, what we have is programs which pro-actively monitor the email patterns of a server and if they detect what we consider suspicious mail pattern, server
    might be stopped or suspended until further examination.
    We do this solely to protect our network against spammers and to keep the reputation of our ips at an acceptable level.
    Sending newsletters and updates is what we consider grey area, it could mean different things to different people.
    If your business depends on email deliverability of newsletters and such, we recommend looking at services which specialize in such areas such as g suite, mailgun, mailchimp."

tl;dr if its spam then you get banhammered, if not then it should be fine. Don't count on it being deliverable (no guarantees), ips need a while to "warm up", so if you really want it delivered, pay more for the service.

@rahul_r said: VPS is not suspended.

I guess that the conclusion is that if one wants to send >5000 mails per month, it's probably best to get a separate mail service for this, even if all of one's mails are completely legitimate. I think that from the perspective of a VPS provider, >5000 mails simply look like a problem waiting to happen.

• erkinerkin Member

5K mails are not that much indeed. It means six to seven e-mails sent per hour.

• donlidonli Member

@erkin said:

It does make a difference though, whether it's 1 email every 10 minutes ( 5,000 times/month) or 5,000 emails in 1 minute once a month.

Thanked by 1erkin
  • erkinerkin Member

@donli said:
    It does make a difference though, whether it's 1 email every 10 minutes ( 5,000 times/month) or 5,000 emails in 1 minute once a month.

I agree.

• AITHostingAITHosting Member
    edited April 2018

> teamacc said: if its spam then you get banhammered, if not then it should be fine. Don't count on it being deliverable (no guarantees), ips need a while to "warm up", so if you really want it delivered, pay more for the service.

I asked that for OP (not for myself) since the answer OP got earlier wasn't very detailed. This one pretty much wraps the matter up. That's understandable that support agents cannot give any guarantees; they don't want to get into troubles if they promise something to a spammer. I personally agree that it will be fine while all emails are legitimate. Besides, 5000 per month is not many at all for a VPS.
    But it seems that OP changed hosting anyway. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Taking bets on emails bouncing, coming back through MailChannels and ServerCheap taking action on that notification. I've seen it from a support@/abuse@ perspective.

• KoreyKorey Member

@donli said:

@erkin said:

yeah if they are all sent at once that will certainly look like spam

@doughmanes said:
    Taking bets on emails bouncing, coming back through MailChannels and ServerCheap taking action on that notification. I've seen it from a support@/abuse@ perspective.

Sounds plausible.

• Legitimate marketing emails bounce all the time. Shouldn't suspend for bounces. It affects deliverability slightly, but not like a spam report.