Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To [Providers]: ticket behaviour
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To [Providers]: ticket behaviour

Often enough when replying as a customer to a ticket I find myself in this peculiar position. When I want to close the ticket while thanking whoever handled it I think that it might be annoying since I am basically bumping the ticket queue with a "blabla thanks!".

As a provider what do you believe is the "best" practice?

Poll not found

Comments

• I thank and close. If the provider is interested enough to see how the ticket ended, they can look. Manners cost nothing. Closing the ticket indicates to them the issue is resolved.

• Either close the ticket directly or reply thank and close so it doesn't get shown in awaiting replies. I find myself in this situation sometimes as well.

Thanked by 2Falzo Junkless
    • deankdeank Member, Troll

You had to ask this.

Well, the end is nigh.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Always nice to get a "thank you".

Thanked by 1Junkless
    • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I rather get $7. Nothing says thank you like cash!

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
      edited March 2018

A "thank you" means more than simply closing the ticket, as many providers will regularly review customers' responses to see what they and their team could have done better. The job of whoever is on our end of the ticket is to make you happy so one more reply should never stop you.

PS. voted for "poll not found".

Thanked by 1Junkless
    • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Nihim said: As a provider what do you believe is the "best" practice?

I think providers normally ask if the issue is solved and ask if the customer ok to close the ticket or on some occasion it's done automatically.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Poll not found, maybe.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

As a user, I usually say "thanks" and close the ticket myself.

As a provider, it's nice to know for sure if an issue has been solved, so I'll generally ask if I haven't received any feedback from the user.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Saying thanks and closing will get it across if it's not a huge provider. I would think most have ticket reply email notifications enabled.

Thanked by 1Junkless
    • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Close the ticket and reply to the customer feedback summary :-)

Thanked by 3Junkless FHR lonea
    • ralphralph Member

Just closing the ticket is the most convenient

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Force your friend to buy something from that provider

Thanked by 3jetchirag Junkless FHR
    • from what I have seen, closing the ticket and then providing a good feedback (along with a thank you) for the ticket goes a long way.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

I personally prefer customers to close the ticket when they believe it's resolved (doesn't really matter if they say thanks or not).

For me, the fact if I have a queue page open, and I see a ticket - and all I see is a "thanks." - then I had to get off what I was maybe doing in the meantime to reply to a ticket, that turned out to be something that didn't require immediate attention anyway.

I experience this both as a small provider, but also in bigger companies.

Thanked by 1Junkless
    • FredQcFredQc Member
      edited March 2018

Number 2 :)

• NihimNihim Member

Well I usually say thanks and close it but I had no idea if a provider will still see it or if it still bumps the queue for that matter, apparently from the answers here, if they care they can.

@Zerpy 's answer is what caused me to think about this in the first place.

So thank & close it is!

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

As a provider, I prefer when the customer says thanks but I prefer to close the ticket myself, after reviewing it.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

Me as a provider I prefer you just to close the ticket out so it doesn't look like it needs to be resolved though my ticket system is designed to close tickets out automatically without reply after 24hrs(1 day)

• If the host is using WHMCS you can always just close the ticket and just fill out the feedback form instead

• Select all tickets in support queue and hit close.

• imokimok Member

doughmanes said: Select all tickets in support queue and hit close.

Delete accounts.

Jokes aside, I say thanks and close the ticket.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

i'd say the best practice is in fact to tell the provider to close the ticket when it's the time to do so.

edited April 2018

Sometimes you just want to tell them to suck it and get over, especially when some clients talk about their family or girlfriend issues in tickets.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
    • ZerpyZerpy Member
      edited April 2018

@deank said:
      Sometimes you just want to tell them to suck it and get over, especially when some clients talk about their family or girlfriend issues in tickets.

Or the repeating excuses of not paying their bills on time, such as, but not limited to:

• I got a new card

• My computer broke, yet I logged into the panel

• I went on a 2 months holiday, and didn't think about I might receive bills in the meantime, yet I logged into the panel multiple times during my holiday period

• I forgot that I had the service, despite of ~ 4-5 emails

• X person died (I've had a customer that lost his grandpa twice, both during the time to renew his services).

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

deank said: Sometimes you just want to tell them to suck it and get over, especially when some clients talk about their family or girlfriend issues in tickets.

I'm dying to see examples.

• Zerpy said: X person died (I've had a customer that lost his grandpa twice

normally, people have two grandpas...

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@dedicados said:

Zerpy said: X person died (I've had a customer that lost his grandpa twice

normally, people have two grandpas...

Sure - just kinda weird they both die exactly 1 year apart :-)

edited April 2018

The world is mysteriously awkward.