Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let go Virmach E3 - 32 GB - 240 SSD - 13 IPs 360$/yr deal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Let go Virmach E3 - 32 GB - 240 SSD - 13 IPs 360$/yr deal

feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
edited March 2018 in General

Hi, I will let go my Virmach dedicated server in 04/03/2018. It's 30$/m compared to $49 on their website.

Specs:

Bidding price + Virmach transfer fees (Around 5$ if I remember correctly)

Starting from 1$, min increment: 1$

The server will be transferred by the end of the term, so you will need 360$ for the renewal as well.

Either BTC or PP is accepted.

Mod edit: auction ends on 2nd April, 3 PM (UTC time)

Comments

• $1

• imokimok Member

It's a good deal. Not as good as the $300/yr (which I couldn't get) but still good.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@imok said:
    It's a good deal. Not as good as the $300/yr (which I couldn't get) but still good.

Indeed! Don't have much cash rn so can't keep it :(

• hzrhzr Member

how much bw / location ?

@hzr said:
    how much bw / location ?

10 TB BW on 1 Gbps port

• is this allowed?

@dedicados said:
    is this allowed?

Saw many thread about transferring server already :)

Bidding is actually a thing for people who wanted it the most, otherwise I would set a fixed price. Or bidding price start/increment would be higher

Thanked by 2dedicados SSDBlaze
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

feezioxiii said: Saw many thread about transferring server already :)

I think he meant have you confirmed with Virmach that they will transfer it and if any terms apply, companies usually don't allow you to just hand over the server to some random as that puts a completely anonymous user on their network so an account transfer is required which a lot of hosts only allow on request.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • AnthonySmith said: I think he meant have you confirmed with Virmach that they will transfer it and if any terms apply,

Virmach does have some specific terms for this but it sounds like OP knows about them. You have to have been a customer for some amount of time and maybe had the service for some amount of time, and there is a transfer fee, and obviously the recipient has to enroll a Virmach account, both people open tickets etc. I got a Virmach VPS that way from another LET member during the black friday promo.

I don't see how transferring a server turns a stranger loose on Virmach's network more than any other instance of a new user signing up with Virmach. I can certainly understand if the transfer recipient has to go through Virmach's normal new-user fraud checks, but other than that it seems like no big deal.

Auctioning off a promo server seems kind of tacky though. If you're done with the server and you want to transfer it, it seems more collegial just hand it off to the next person.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Their terms require the recipient to be a customer (buying a cheap VPS right before qualifies them - basically need to go through fraud checks), and you need a valid payment method on account (Paypal billing agreement or credit card on file). I just did a couple transfers in the last few weeks, no issues.

Also they won't reset the dedi, so you need to hand over IPMI details and stuff to buyer. If you ticket them to ask about this they'll bill you like a $50 one-time fee to reconfigure the box. So whoever buys it should just make sure they change IPMI password immediately and delete other accounts (you get an administrator account w/ VirMach).

Thanked by 1willie
  • FalzoFalzo Member

"oh easy hetzner transfer world..."

Thanked by 3feezioxiii Junkless fan
  • When it will be renewed?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2019

@VirMach said:
    $10

Too expensive. Any coupon? FAT32ONEYEAR (For flash deals only)

• idrasidras Member

$2

@AnthonySmith said:

feezioxiii said: Saw many thread about transferring server already :)

I think he meant have you confirmed with Virmach that they will transfer it and if any terms apply, companies usually don't allow you to just hand over the server to some random as that puts a completely anonymous user on their network so an account transfer is required which a lot of hosts only allow on request.

Yep, my account is more than 6 months old and already confirmed my ID with Virmach with CC/PP added as payment method, receiver need to have their ID and at least CC added with their account, then both make ticket confirm the transfer, pay the fee and everything going through.

@Harambe said:
    Their terms require the recipient to be a customer (buying a cheap VPS right before qualifies them - basically need to go through fraud checks), and you need a valid payment method on account (Paypal billing agreement or credit card on file). I just did a couple transfers in the last few weeks, no issues.

Also they won't reset the dedi, so you need to hand over IPMI details and stuff to buyer. If you ticket them to ask about this they'll bill you like a $50 one-time fee to reconfigure the box. So whoever buys it should just make sure they change IPMI password immediately and delete other accounts (you get an administrator account w/ VirMach).

I already reset it to the password on file so no worries :P

@robohost said:
    When it will be renewed?

It's 04/03/2018 (about 10 more days) the transfer will take place 1 or 2 days before the server expired

• Did you tick the option for no support saving $2 over the year?

@corbpie said:
    Did you tick the option for no support saving $2 over the year?

Isn't managed support cost additional 20$/m?

• There's managed support, regular support, and NO support. I think the "no support" option didn't work out so well because people were unclear on it meaning what it said.

http://prntscr.com/iu5d02

Here is the only option I found while ordering the server. (didn't chose that)

Thanked by 1henkynl
  • imokimok Member

@willie said:
    There's managed support, regular support, and NO support. I think the "no support" option didn't work out so well because people were unclear on it meaning what it said.

The NO support option was added last black friday. It wasn't available when this server was bought I believe.

Another change I've noticed is there aren't coupon codes anymore :(

@virmach? no more promos? no more annually paid dedis any time soon?

Anyways, is it able to sell back to @Virmach ? lol look like the highest offer here

• @feezioxiii said:
    Anyways, is it able to sell back to @Virmach ? lol look like the highest offer here

I guess they wouldn't have a problem paying the transfer fee.

@teamacc said:

@feezioxiii said:

Could you please add the end of auction in 2nd April, 3 PM (UTC time)? I can't seems to see the edit option, and want to spare at least 24hr for the transfer.

Thank you @teamacc

• @feezioxiii said:

@teamacc said:

@feezioxiii said:

Could you please add the end of auction in 2nd April, 3 PM (UTC time)? I can't seems to see the edit option, and want to spare at least 24hr for the transfer.

Thank you @teamacc

Added.

edited April 2018

Bump this, 1 more day to go!

• @VirMach said:
    $10

This is the funniest thing I have seen on this board for ages. Thanks for that!

• seraphkzseraphkz Member
    edited March 2018

EDIT: $15

• blackblack Member

$16

• RizRiz Member

$17

This discussion has been closed.