Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks shared hosting disk full - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks shared hosting disk full

2»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:

katten leker runt skålen

reported to admin

Thanked by 2Zerpy AnthonySmith
  • emghemgh Member

I used just enough english for you nördar to understand.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

@emgh said:

@mikho said:
    Get a bunch of LES and be done with it.

You can host many websites on a 128mb and even build your own HA cluster with geolocation.

For a teeny more $/€. And you would sponsor a good cause.

Vilket good cause är that if jag may ask?

The providers who offers the locations :).
    Think of the children, they nedd food on the table. :D

Start erbjuding Sweden and I’ll kanske consider det.

When I can find something for less than 2000kr/månad.

• emghemgh Member
    edited March 2018

@mikho said:

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

You can host many websites on a 128mb and even build your own HA cluster with geolocation.

Get colocation @ swoscom or FS Data. For DDoS protected colocation (I think) - contact IP-Only.

• @mikho said:

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

@emgh said:

@mikho said:

2,000 SEK per month, you say?

I have no idea if this Cygrids are any good, but they were the first result for "cheap dedicated server Sweden" on Google. The website's in Swedish, so I can only gleam the specifications and price. https://www.cygrids.com/servers.html

I can't believe that I'm helping mikho take more of my money...

edited March 2018

@emgh said:.

Get colocation @ swoscom or FS Data. For DDoS protected colocation (I think) - contact IP-Only.

I checked with FS Data, think it was a year ago, perhaps 1,5 years ago. They didn’t have ipv6 at that time. Perhaps they have now?
    With colo comes an investment in hardware. Hardware that costs money, money I’ve tied up to pay for the other locations.

Perhaps sometimes in the future? I am continously monitoring the Swedish market for offers.

EDIT: swoscom looks decent, and it’s closer to ”home”. I’ll keep that in mind.

@r4h156 said:

2,000 SEK per month, you say?

I have no idea if this Cygrids are any good, but they were the first result for "cheap dedicated server Sweden" on Google. The website's in Swedish, so I can only gleam the specifications and price. https://www.cygrids.com/servers.html

I can't believe that I'm helping mikho take more of my money...

I checked and their cheapest option with 2 disks ( Basic Server DBS-G3-SAT ) ends up at 965 sek/month.

That is with ”only” 1TB bandwidth. Adding another 9 and it suddenly costs ~ 2900 sek/month.

I’ll keep looking.
    If you find interesting locations with rent or tent to own equipment. Let me know and I’ll take a closer look.

• VPSes by very trustworthy providers went cheap these days, no idea why people still use shared hosting.

• imokimok Member

@IFightCode said:
    VPSes by very trustworthy providers went cheap these days, no idea why people still use shared hosting.

Because knowledge is different on people. And shared hosting is easy to use and faster: click, click and done. You don't have to optimize or install anything.

Again, not all the people around the world is equal to you or me.

Each has its own purpose. If you only want a website fast. Then shared is a perfect alternative.

• IFightCodeIFightCode Member
    edited March 2018

@imok said:
    Because knowledge is different on people. And shared hosting is easy to use and faster: click, click and done. You don't have to optimize or install anything.

Again, not all the people around the world is equal to you or me.

Actually, there are too many tutorials available to set up, optimize, secure or scale the systems. I think most of the people will be able to prepare their own system following those.

I can remember those days (8-9 years ago) when I used to use a shared hosting. Honestly, I was never happy, too many limitations, no control over system, downtime, compromised system forced me to switch host within a few months of the interval. Not sure how shared hosting providers are doing these days, however, still I see numerous complaints around the forums.

• imokimok Member

IFightCode said: Actually, there are too many tutorials available to set up, optimize, secure or scale the systems. I think most of the people will be able to prepare their own system following those.

No, they won't. Probably just the people around us. A lot of people get scared when they see a black screen with a prompt. That's why drag and drop page builders exist, even I believe they receive a lot of support tickets.

• NomadNomad Member

Yeah...
    people do those.

Then thanks to their incomplete knowledge, those VPSes turn to spam boxes, botnet and ddos attackers...

• emghemgh Member

Let’s not forget Mrvm and Impactshared are popular amongs us who actually use Linux on a regular basis.