Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godaddy moving to AWS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• GulfGulf Member

Even bluehost.com and hostgator host their sites on Amazon (they do not trust their own infrastructure).

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

If you cant beat them... Join them. I guess that is it.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

MikePT said: If you cant beat them... Join them. I guess that is it.

If you can't beat them, get bought by them.

Francisco

Thanked by 3MikePT Chuck eva2000
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

MikePT said: If you cant beat them... Join them. I guess that is it.

If you can't beat them, get bought by them.

Francisco

Indeed.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm guessing this is just the domain part of the business, not the hosting part.

If they're moving the hosting part...let's find some Godaddy-hosted sites and start the wget engines, because those AWS per-GB charges can be racked up quickly.

Thanked by 2Clouvider J1021
  • ChuckChuck Member

Amazon is going to monopolize. then everyone cries.

Thanked by 1404error
  • @Gulf said:
    Even bluehost.com and hostgator host their sites on Amazon (they do not trust their own infrastructure).

I don't blame them, more time to focus on sneaky fees and shot service

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@corbpie said:

@Gulf said:

Not a bad idea. Same as you should elect to host your statuspage elsewhere, you may decide to host your website elsewhere.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Clouvider said:

@corbpie said:

@Gulf said:

Not a bad idea. Same as you should elect to host your statuspage elsewhere, you may decide to host your website elsewhere.

Exactly, as I'm currently building my own small hosting operation, and I'm trying to make it the right way, I wouldn't risk getting my servers offline and my site being offline at the same time. If a client is down they at least need to be able to get in contact with me. Sure, some datacenters haven't been down for a long time. But that dosen't mean it won't go down, and it can even be an issue with that induvidual server or rack.

Personally, I'm not only going with different datacenters and providers to seperate the billing area from my clients services, but also different countries. This wasn't really a requirement from my part, but I feel good doing it. However, same datacenter or even same provider can be risky.