Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a VPS with Internet Brothers but can ping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Having a VPS with Internet Brothers but can ping

samjksamjk Member
edited May 2013 in Providers

I am very happy with my VPS, it is great, The support guys are very polite
I love to stay with them . I am witha Korean provider www.internetbrothers.co.kr

the only problem is that they do not allow pinging they say it is a security prevention
I love internetbrothers.co.kr I have foud what I neede bu how can I convince them to give an exception??

Comments

• Are all korean websites all web 1.0'yy?

http://internetbrothers.co.kr/

Looks like something I mashed up when I was 12. Disallowing pinging for a security prevention? That's a new one.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Remind them that blocking all traffic is an equally effective security measure.

• @eastonch said: Are all korean websites all web 1.0'yy?

No, but I will admit (that website isn't really the proper style) Korean websites have their own style for their websites.

• samjksamjk Member

Mr Francis who is in charge of International clients keeps tell me that all their VPS network follows the same rule . Only dedicated servers are free to get pinged..

Lovely company , Honest and I love the fast set up and response time but I wish it could be perfect ad I need pinging

• How the hell can a VPS provider not allow ping? :|

• @HalfEatenPie

Fair enough, but when I think of Asia / Korean I think of this.

:)

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited May 2013

@eastonch: Koreans use a ton of internal (within the country) servers and companies. For example, most Koreans don't really use Google. They use Naver. For news they usually use Daum but for TV Broadcasting and entertainment the biggest TV networks are MBC, KBS, etc.

Internet Brothers website isn't the standard Korean website.

Source: I'm Korean.

• samjksamjk Member

The way they handle international customer makes more sense.