Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a stable KVM VPS with UDP DDoS Mitigation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a stable KVM VPS with UDP DDoS Mitigation

2»

Comments

• we just need an NFOServers coupon code now :)

Thanked by 1imthatguyhere
  • @imthatguyhere said:

@Crandolph said:
    What do you mean by no null routes, but IPs being temporarily blocked?

I mean the services were never disconnected from the network or inaccessible, but some IPs of new people got blocked until the mitigation ended or those that attempted to connect too often. After the mitigation window they alert you ends, they could all reconnect.

You still haven’t answered the question. How did you measure the size of the attack if everything was being filtered?

• @doghouch said:
    You still haven’t answered the question. How did you measure the size of the attack if everything was being filtered?

I answered that actually, but you may have missed it. I moved the services that were getting attacks measured at over 50gbps to NFO and they were filtered. As I said, I can't guarantee that the attacks were the same volume, but I doubt they changed much, if at all.

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited March 2018

@desperand said:

@imthatguyhere said:

@desperand said:
    For example, will it be able to tank 30gbit/s flood from stupid kids with stressers / booters? Or will I get nullrouted at Chicago? How many times have you been nullrouted with them?

I use them in Chicago. We've eaten more than 30gbit/s DDoS and still been functional. Never been null-routed yet as well (2-3 years with them).

How have you got info about 30Gbit/s if they do not share information about a DDoS attacks (I say this because on their website it says so)

If it's amp (ssdp, DNS, ntp etc.), it's blocked upstream so the capacity is more than what's listed on the network locations. Raw udp non amp is what gets you nulled on nfo or a huge reflection attack (120gbps) on a small location would also get you nulled. It really depends on what you're hosting. No one hosts large Gmod servers on nfo because they tend to get hit with huge botnets because of the types of players it attracts but many popular rust servers use nfo because rust attracts less toxic players and the routing/locations are superior to ovh. Don't be discouraged by the fact they null route (very rare), many kids hosting rgh/JTAG lobbies use them to prevent getting booted by script kiddies and 99% of them never encounter issues. Nfo Chicago's raw capacity is 110 gbps as in they can tank that much raw UDP traffic. They have much more capacity for amplification methods.

• @imthatguyhere So you estimated the attack size after you moved it...

That was all I wanted to know (whether you had a precise measurement or if you estimated it based off previous attacks) :P

• @doghouch said:
    That was all I wanted to know (whether you had a precise measurement or if you estimated it based off previous attacks) :P

Agreed, never was my intent to mislead:

@imthatguyhere said:
    Moved 2 gameservers, that were constantly attacked via SSDP UDP DDoS at over 50Gbit/s, over to their VDS line-ups and wasn't null-routed. Saw some packetloss and IPs temporarily blocked, but everything stayed accessible. It's entirely possible that they just lessened the attacks, but I highly doubt it.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • joojajooja Member

i am with NFO no problems so far.
    Thanks for everyone

Thanked by 1imthatguyhere
  • @jooja said:
    Thanks for everyone

how many Gb/s NFO can handle you ? like AMP Memche Sport 11211 ? them can handle ? from booter kid ?

• joojajooja Member

@Noobskid said:

@jooja said:
    Thanks for everyone

how many Gb/s NFO can handle you ? like AMP Memche Sport 11211 ? them can handle ? from booter kid ?

I don't know, but i am pretty sure booters can't take it down.

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited March 2018

@Noobskid said:

@jooja said:
    Thanks for everyone

They block all amplifcation ddos methods before they get into the datacenter so yes. Raw capacity is posted here https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php

• MrMMrM Member

@AlexJones said:

@Noobskid said:

@jooja said:
    Thanks for everyone

They block all amplifcation ddos methods before they get into the datacenter so yes. Raw capacity is posted here https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php

how about UDP raw payload them can handle ?

• It depends on how many attacks are coming in when you get attacked. If not many then they'll probably let you do 80% of the network capacity listed on their page any more and you'll get nullrouted. If you need a lot of raw udp protection from a botnet get ovh game