Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xeon E3-1246v3 & i7-4770 @ Hetzner for €21!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xeon E3-1246v3 & i7-4770 @ Hetzner for €21!!

Last night and this morning I saw some Xeon E3-1246v3 or i7-4770 32GB RAM 2x2TB or 2x240 SSD servers come and go super quick for €21 excluding VAT!! I grabbed one and thought to share if you are looking for a dedicated for such unbelievable price!

https://www.hetzner.com/sb

Comments

• mkshmksh Member

This has been going on for quite some time now.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • TantawiTantawi Member
    edited March 2018

@mksh said:

Ah! sorry then for repetition.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • mkshmksh Member

@Tantawi said:

@mksh said:

Ah! sorry then for repetition.

No problem, price is seriously amazing. Routing leaves a bit to be desired but as long as one can life with that it's a killer deal.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/139817/hetzner-serverbidding-finland

• oh dammit. now I'm tempted to replace my 39 eur i7/64gb with two e3/32GB cluster

• emghemgh Member

@vimalware said:
    oh dammit. now I'm tempted to replace my 39 eur i7/64gb with two e3/32GB cluster

Did you also get that deal from Hetzner? Also, why am I only seeing 39 euro deals at best? Am I not looking often enough or is vat already calculated?

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@emgh said:

@vimalware said:
    oh dammit. now I'm tempted to replace my 39 eur i7/64gb with two e3/32GB cluster

Did you also get that deal from Hetzner? Also, why am I only seeing 39 euro deals at best? Am I not looking often enough or is vat already calculated?

It's server bidding so someone probably bought the current ones.

• Yeah I managed to pick up one of the i7s

• Keep in mind that these cheap ones are in their new finnish datacenter, where the routing leaves a lot to be desired still, especially ping-wise as they're backhauling most, if not all, of their traffic to their german POP right now.

• @teamacc said:
    Keep in mind that these cheap ones are in their new finnish datacenter, where the routing leaves a lot to be desired still, especially ping-wise as they're backhauling most, if not all, of their traffic to their german POP right now.

Yeah that is correct. It's not seem too bad even though it uses de mirrors which are a lil slow from experience but hopefully it's something they will work on. Any update on routing @Hetzner_OL

• kmaskmas Member

@teamacc said:
    Keep in mind that these cheap ones are in their new finnish datacenter, where the routing leaves a lot to be desired still, especially ping-wise as they're backhauling most, if not all, of their traffic to their german POP right now.

A lot of the traffic does seem to still go through Germany, but not all of it - Scandinavia and the Baltic seem to actually have quite good latencies already. For example, I have 3ms to my new box in Helsinki from Estonia, with people from other nearby countries (with the possible exception of Russia) having similarly good connectivity.

After the peering with Russia gets fixed, I guess there's not much more to improve in that regard - going through Germany for most other countries would probably be the best way anyway.

• @Tantawi said:
    Last night and this morning I saw some Xeon E3-1246v3 or i7-4770 32GB RAM 2x2TB or 2x240 SSD servers come and go super quick for €21 excluding VAT!! I grabbed one and thought to share if you are looking for a dedicated for such unbelievable price!

https://www.hetzner.com/sb

I'm not seeing these at the price mentionned ?

• mkshmksh Member

@kmas said:

@teamacc said:

A lot of the traffic does seem to still go through Germany, but not all of it - Scandinavia and the Baltic seem to actually have quite good latencies already. For example, I have 3ms to my new box in Helsinki from Estonia, with people from other nearby countries (with the possible exception of Russia) having similarly good connectivity.

After the peering with Russia gets fixed, I guess there's not much more to improve in that regard - going through Germany for most other countries would probably be the best way anyway.

Yeah, that pretty much mirrors my experience. I am seeing direct routes for at least SE, DK, NO, LT, EE. Russia seems to be the exception to the rule for neighbouring countries. Interestingly there is a russion ISP on ficix. Also routes torwards sweden seem to pass coreX.sto.hetzner.com. Do they maybe already have a presence in stockholm?

• Dirt cheap because of piss poor routing. Arguably still not worth price.

• @Crandolph said:
    Dirt cheap because of piss poor routing. Arguably still not worth price.

Mmmm. yummy. Since an extra 10ms is nothing for me.

Go 3rd world.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • @vimalware said:

@Crandolph said:

Go 3rd world.

330ms to australia from hetzer finland, 210ms to australia from kc nocix. no more needs to be said.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Crandolph said:

@vimalware said:

@Crandolph said:

Go 3rd world.

330ms to australia from hetzer finland, 210ms to australia from kc nocix. no more needs to be said.

https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

Collect facts, before you spread shit.

America seems to be better/direct connected to Australia instead of europe, that may explain the latency.

• Crandolph said: 330ms to australia from hetzer finland, 210ms to australia from kc nocix.

Can you compare other EU locations vs Hetzner Finland which is more relevant/fair?

In general, Finland adds +10-30ms (give or take) to FRA so if you're anywhere around ~100ms to FRA, there's hardly any reason to complain for the price. Plus as others have pointed out routing is pretty decent to other locations (including NL/SE etc.) so it works pretty well for a lot of people.

• How do you get it for ~EUR21.

Xeon E3-1246V3 (CPU-B 9910)
    2x 240 GB SSD
    32 GB

This is for ~EUR31 for me!

• @realbusiness said:
    How do you get it for ~EUR21.

2x 240 GB SSD
    32 GB

refresh every minute.

I saw a 22euro one and hesitated out of amazement.

Thanked by 2Aidan realbusiness
  • @vimalware said:

@realbusiness said:
    How do you get it for ~EUR21.

2x 240 GB SSD
    32 GB

refresh every minute.

I saw a 22euro one and hesitated out of amazement.

Yeah I've done that a couple of times. Also prices are before VAT for those wondering why they aren't seeing it for 21. Worked out as 27 for me.

• emghemgh Member

I think this has to be for VAT purposes, brcause the cheapesy server for me is an Athlon and it’s 37 euros. That’s 16 euro more expensive than the E3 and I7 you’re talking about.

• @emgh said:
    I think this has to be for VAT purposes, brcause the cheapesy server for me is an Athlon and it’s 37 euros. That’s 16 euro more expensive than the E3 and I7 you’re talking about.

That'd be in germany, yes. Try finland.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Neoon said:

@Crandolph said:

@vimalware said:

@Crandolph said:

Go 3rd world.

https://www.submarinecablemap.com/

Collect facts, before you spread shit.

America seems to be better/direct connected to Australia instead of europe, that may explain the latency.

How does this have any real relevancy to what I said?

Are you thinking objectively?

Did I say WHY it was better? No? Therefore this is a strawman argument.

The point was Hetzner Finland routing is still horrible. Period, doesn't matter what facts against that.

• @nullnothere said:

Crandolph said: 330ms to australia from hetzer finland, 210ms to australia from kc nocix.

Can you compare other EU locations vs Hetzner Finland which is more relevant/fair?

In general, Finland adds +10-30ms (give or take) to FRA so if you're anywhere around ~100ms to FRA, there's hardly any reason to complain for the price. Plus as others have pointed out routing is pretty decent to other locations (including NL/SE etc.) so it works pretty well for a lot of people.

Eh, if your trying to have a dirt cheap service with piss poor routing, go Hetzner Finland.

There's just equal if not better alternatives out, specifically with this OVH Game sale right now.

• mkshmksh Member

@nullnothere don't bother with @Crandolph he's mentally challenged.

• emghemgh Member

@teamacc said:

@emgh said:

Okay. Found the server type, however instead of 21 it’s 39.

• @emgh said:

@teamacc said:

@emgh said:

@emgh said:

@teamacc said:

@emgh said:

@emgh said:

@teamacc said:

@emgh said:

Same for me, ~EUR31+Vat

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @realbusiness said:
    Same for me, ~EUR31+Vat

There are two types of the cheap finland server auctions, one with 2 x 240GB SSD and another with 2 x 2TB HDD.
    The one with SSD is EUR31/month, while the one with HDD is EUR22/month.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited March 2018

@mksh said:

• > Coming from the guy who indeed did confirm the routing was dog shit on a previous post.

Thanks for agreeing with the entire flaw pointed out above then calling me mentally retarded for it, moron.

• @Crandolph said:

@mksh said:

• > Coming from the guy who indeed did confirm the routing was dog shit on a previous post.

Thanks for agreeing with the entire flaw pointed out above then calling me mentally retarded for it, moron.

Do you want to cuddle?