Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got a 64MB-96MB VPS they don't need (based in UK)??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone got a 64MB-96MB VPS they don't need (based in UK)??

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited May 2013 in Offers

Looking for a OpenVZ 64MB VPS to do a bot of testing with voip. If anyone has one they are not using, please let me know

Comments

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

How much bandwidth do you need? And how long do you need it?

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2013

don't need that much data as i am hoping to just use it for sip signalling and hopefully the voip (call) data should not pass through it. if it does it won't be more than 100 Megabytes/week.

Ideally I'd like it for a few weeks so test out latency issues, call handling, audio quality etc...

PS: I've got the free offer from virtualvm - but the latency to the US is 150ms which is no good for voip. If a UK one works well, I'll buy a server plan.

• udkudk Member

I'd recommend http://www.httpzoom.com/

• nutjobnutjob Member

Why is this in Offers? We need a begging section.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2013

Sorry, it's in wrong place, i'm new here. I just want to borrow a vps for a week to see what is difference between UK and US latency. After that I will by my own VPS. I currently am using SIPSORCERY to route calls, which costs 25 pounds per year, so any of the LEB offers is cheaper than that. Just want to test a few things out before I buy....:-)
    PS: I'm not begging, rather borrow a VPS for 2 weeks, than set one up and then use a cancellation policy creating extra works for VPS admins.....from your signature nutjob, you've probably got some spare capacity

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

I have one you can use after I use it to watch Doctor Who this weekend. PM me and we can work it out!

• thanks for your help, but i may not need it to be honest. my usa host is not that bad :-).

if i'm feeling masochistic enough to install asterisk for the 7th time in 4 days i'll pm you

really need to write a scipt for it or something ......