Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMhosts.co.uk next 5 LEB orders Free for 3 months **Sorry all slots now taken** - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMhosts.co.uk next 5 LEB orders Free for 3 months **Sorry all slots now taken**

2»

Comments

• vmhostsvmhosts Member
    edited February 2012

Current hit on the storage will be our nightly backups combined with dd tests.

Maximum sequential write performance will be 50-60MB/sec. This is due to the write penalty we have on our clustered storage system. We take the hit as most applications simply dont require sequential write perfromance.

Having two copies of your data allows for a storage node failure and keeps your VM alive. Far more important in our opinion.

If you do have an applicaiton which needs fast sequentail write perfromance over availability then we hold our hands up and say we may not be the best fit for you

• Didn't knew that ioping.sh, can you use the standard executable without the -q flag? Because I see very low iops in all that tests

• @EaseVPS so, you're a provider and you snatched a free deal that may have been of real use to someone struggling to get by for what reason exactly?

Fsck you mate.

• @vanilla - Place an order but dont complete payment I will arrange for the 3 month promo to be applied to your account

• @vmhosts thanks for the offer but I don't need it, I was just making a point.