Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GamingLayer Control Panel Beta Invitation - The All-In-One CP *NEW* - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GamingLayer Control Panel Beta Invitation - The All-In-One CP *NEW*

2»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mikec said:

Thank you for your question.

Whenever a user charges back the system will automatically suspend both the server and the account. Prevention is obviously better than fixing it after it happens, so we are looking at implementing the MaxMind risk scoring system which can forces orders below a certain score to be manually checked. It's pretty much the same system WHMCS uses.

You can consider the FraudLabs Pro fraud screening API. It has blacklisting features that can blacklist users and share it with other providers.

We are using it and love it.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

mikec said: You can consider the FraudLabs Pro fraud screening API. It has blacklisting features that can blacklist users and share it with other providers.

Thank you for making me aware of this :)

edited November 2017

The panel is currently undergoing internal testing. We will be releasing the beta after this has finished.

Thanked by 1MasonR
    edited December 2017

It took a bit longer than expected, however we have added some cool new features such as saving snapshots of your servers' memory, so when it crashes it can instantly restore the server to it's previous state. I've also improved the way in which the system handles cross platforming.

We are currently settings up all the test servers and beta tokens. Thank you for waiting, you should be receiving your keys as soon as possible.

edited March 2018

We're currently delaying the beta release of this project - We're currently working on our SAAS solution which will run alongside the self hosted version, which will allow you to set up a hosting business with all features included in less than 5 minutes.

We're also working on:

• LUA scripting to customise the inner workings of the control panel and add your own functionality
    • Added tools such as a location mover and an extended admin panel, to manage services, billing, support etc.
    • Support for FastDL
    • 2 Factor Authentication
    • Integration with Slack notifying admins of events
    • Integration with Discourse (forum software)
    • More payment methods (Bitcoin, bank transfers)
    • Commandline parameter editor
    • Backup system
    • Re-installation of servers
    • More indepth statistics
    • Precise resource limiting

...and many more small improvements.

Everyone that has applied for the beta will still get access, and a couple of free machines to use the control panel with for life.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I know you said it has integrated billing and support, but could it be somehow integrated with WHMCS or Blesta? Many providers offer web hosting, VPS and game hosting at once - and having segregated billing platforms is pretty inconvenient for customer and the provider.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

@CConner said:
    We will not be charging per physical server, but will be charging per gameserver. We want to do so in order to make the control panel accessible and affordable for everyone, so you can have multiple smaller machines but still pay the same as you would if you had 1 big machine. We are thinking of 0.30 - 0.40$ /server. Do you think that is a fair price?

Personally I think you should also offer per machine licences. This is LET people are going to try and squeeze maximum buck out of each server for minimal profit margins. I'd also suggest to get adoption and to allow for a personal use market allowing a small number (say <5) servers for free.

Are you backed by any company or investors? Do you have a history in the industry? Many a control panel has been touted here over the years only to disappear into oblivion.

Billing integration is interesting but most people that are not selling only game servers (and even many who are) will likely prefer to integrate an existing well tested billing system like WHMCS. What support do you have planned for that? Are you developing the integration or is it just "possible"?

edited March 2018

SplitIce said: Personally I think you should also offer per machine licences. This is LET people are going to try and squeeze maximum buck out of each server for minimal profit margins. I'd also suggest to get adoption and to allow for a personal use market allowing a small number (say <5) servers for free.

Are you backed by any company or investors? Do you have a history in the industry? Many a control panel has been touted here over the years only to disappear into oblivion.

Billing integration is interesting but most people that are not selling only game servers (and even many who are) will likely prefer to integrate an existing well tested billing system like WHMCS. What support do you have planned for that? Are you developing the integration or is it just "possible"?

Thank you for your feedback.

We've been in hosting gameservers ourselves since 2015, and registered a company in early 2016. Since then we've gathered quite a few customers, and we are continuing to host gameservers ourselves with this panel. We will be acting as a beta platform, as we'll be pushing new features to our hosting customers first, and then to all of our control panel customers.

We are currently applying for startup funding by the Irish government, which will fund us for a period of 6 months, get us a physical work space and get us great help from top experts in the industry. During this period we'll be looking for a bigger investment to help bring some other people on-board to work with us.

We are planning on integration WHMCS for self hosted customers, and you will be able to enable or disable integration via our admin panel. If there is any kind of demand for Blesta we'll happily integrate that as well.

The post you quoted is not relevant, as we have rethought our pricing:

• 12.00 EUR per machine, no upfront fee required like with TCAdmin's master license requirement
    • 0.50 EUR per gameserver on our SAAS platform

FHR said: I know you said it has integrated billing and support, but could it be somehow integrated with WHMCS or Blesta? Many providers offer web hosting, VPS and game hosting at once - and having segregated billing platforms is pretty inconvenient for customer and the provider.

We will be publishing a WHMCS integration. It isn't too difficult, consider the open nature of our public API.

Thanks for the feedback :)

edited March 2018

WHMCS integration has been finished.

• I'm interested ! seems good

• Is there a way I can get my hands on this to throw on a VM for testing and having a play? I'm very interested. Currently most game panels suck from a UX point of view!

• will we get this anytime soon?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@lukehebb said:
    Is there a way I can get my hands on this to throw on a VM for testing and having a play? I'm very interested. Currently most game panels suck from a UX point of view!

Say sucking one more time => https://easy-wi.com/

The system itself is done, working on the UI at the moment.

Thanked by 1Aidan

@Neoon said:

@lukehebb said:
    Is there a way I can get my hands on this to throw on a VM for testing and having a play? I'm very interested. Currently most game panels suck from a UX point of view!

Say sucking one more time => https://easy-wi.com/

lol.

• I got hetzner server idling. Would love to play with this and report any issues.

We're currently working on making the theme of the control panel fully customizable by you!

LUA implementation has been finished! It will allow you to customize the control panel as you wish. Create new tools, customize systems and much more!

For anyone interested having a chat with us about the control panel, please consider joining our Discord server: https://discord.gg/tA57Y3y