Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Review&SPECIAL OFFER]1Fichier - Unlimited File Hosting Storage & 100GB/mo CDN for 10€/Year

Comments

• I remember they had a "lifetime" offer years ago or some time ago that costed 100€ for 13 years

I once saw this offer for half of the price (50€)

• @nitro85 said:
    I remember they had a "lifetime" offer years ago or some time ago that costed 100€ for 13 years

I once saw this offer for half of the price (50€)

Ive already prepaid for 3 years ;)

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2018

The us of a government lists them as bad guys? Great. I take such "they are eeevil!" stamps from the us of a gov. as actually a quality branding. Not because I like illegal hosting content (I don't) but because a) the us of a gov is the single worst i.a. cyber criminal of all, and b) their making that kind of noise usually indicates that someone didn't just bend over for them.

Btw. Y'all know about the research now showing that tor is largely a us of a gov operation, don't you? Hahahaha! Oh boy was I haunted by tor fan boys for years and now there is proof for what I said all along, Hahahaha.

Thanked by 2Ympker that_guy
  • bsdguy said: but because a) the us of a gov is the single worst i.a. cyber criminal of all, and b) their making that kind of noise usually indicates that someone didn't just bend over for them.

Well in terms of cyber evilness, another gov is trying really hard to catch up.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited March 2018

@bsdguy said:
    The us of a government lists them as bad guys? Great. I take such "they are eeevil!" stamps from the us of a gov. as actually a quality branding. Not because I like illegal hosting content (I don't) but because a) the us of a gov is the single worst i.a. cyber criminal of all, and b) their making that kind of noise usually indicates that someone didn't just bend over for them.

Btw. Y'all know about the research now showing that tor is largely a us of a gov operation, don't you? Hahahaha! Oh boy was I haunted by tor fan boys for years and now there is proof for what I said all along, Hahahaha.

Not that it matters, if you encrypt your backups -- this will make it difficult if not impossible for them to read your files. Even if they cooperate with the government, unless they have a warrant, they probably won't bother you.

Of course, if the US government actually wants you, you have greater things to worry about.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited March 2018

@psb777 said:

bsdguy said: but because a) the us of a gov is the single worst i.a. cyber criminal of all, and b) their making that kind of noise usually indicates that someone didn't just bend over for them.

Well in terms of cyber evilness, another gov is trying really hard to catch up.

Would you trust the "China Daily" newpapers allegations about the us of a doing this or that evil thing? Why then should we trust the new york times allegations about China or Russia doing this or that evil thing?

@FlamesRunner said:
    Not that it matters, if you encrypt your backups -- this will make it difficult if not impossible for them to read your files. Even if they cooperate with the government, unless they have a warrant, they probably won't bother you.

Of course, if the US government actually wants you, you have greater things to worry about.

You are right. But, of course, the (backup/storage) providers don't like their users understanding too much. After all 'we super-encrypt all traffic with you and store your stuff in our hyper-encrypted triple-vault' is a major sales point and sounds much better than "we store your stuff on a bunch of reasonably smartly set up disk arrays". So much so that they virtually all "forget" to mention that, of course, as a result customers become victims with their data held hostage - and that's the positive case, i.e. the case where the crypto of the provider actually works properly and isn't crapto in the first place ...

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • Are they running any promos currently?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@squibs said:
    Are they running any promos currently?

In the recent past, they had a good promo that lasted for months, but no longer, unfortunately.

Thanked by 1heiska
  • @squibs said:

I think Premium unlimited storage is still only 10€/year

@Ympker said:

@squibs said:

Are you sure about this?

• 30€ per year now.

• @Ympker said:

@squibs said:

Not according to their website (-> prices). Some (all?) of their resellers seem to have cheaper packages (about 14$/yr) but I might be mistaken because their product structure (as well as the info) is unclear. There are, for instance, "1 year" packages as well as "premium" packages but I'm not sure whether the 1 year package is premium (or "access" or whatever), etc.

Moreover their resellers aren't looking like well known entities. And there are other strange things, too, like one can upload via ftp but not download.

All in all the whole thing is so lousily made that I simply clicked away although the offer - if only it was clearly specified - might be very attractive.

In short, 1fichier's promo is over.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YuraYura Member
    edited March 2018

@Ympker says:

You picked the sketchy shady site on the USA gov wanted list and I prepaid for LET homebrew many-years-in-business ZXhost 3 years plan.

sighs

Thanked by 3Ympker MasonR vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

@angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

@squibs said:

Are you sure about this?

Ah not anymore :/ It was for a long time

@Yura said:

@Ympker says:

You picked the sketchy shady site on the USA gov wanted list and I prepaid for LET homebrew many-years-in-bisiness ZXhost 3 years plan.

sighs

It's never too late bud :)

@Yura said:

@Ympker says:

You picked the sketchy shady site on the USA gov wanted list and I prepaid for LET homebrew many-years-in-bisiness ZXhost 3 years plan.

sighs

My condolences.

As for 1fichier and the US government, I don't have the impression that the US government is trying very hard to take down 1fichier. Trump has already met with Macron a few times, and there are no reports that 1fichier was one of the issues discussed. :-)

Thanked by 2Yura Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2018

365 Days 1Fichier Premium for 13$ available here:
    https://www.reseller-online.com/1fichier-365-days.html

• @bsdguy said:
    Would you trust the "China Daily" newpapers allegations about the us of a doing this or that evil thing? Why then should we trust the new york times allegations about China or Russia doing this or that evil thing?

>

Pretty sure the USA doesn't have any state-sponsored media except PBS+NPR,
    (and the current capitol clowncar is itching to kill funding for that too.)

• @vimalware said:

@bsdguy said:

>

Pretty sure the USA doesn't have any state-sponsored media except PBS+NPR,
    (and the current capitol clowncar is itching to kill funding for that too.)

It's not necessarily about "state sponsored". The nyt (like others) is well known for spreading lies.

Well noted, my point isn't about bashing the nyt; it's about newspapers of countries which write BS about other countries, particularly ones that aren't exactly friends.

• Quick update:

Tested once more and seems like you can acctually push your backups to ftp.1fichier.com via cPanel Backup or any WordPress Backup software! 1Fichier just got even more awesome for its price :D

Thanked by 2angstrom ehab

@Ympker said:
    Quick update:

Tested once more and seems like you can acctually push your backups to ftp.1fichier.com via cPanel Backup or any WordPress Backup software! 1Fichier just got even more awesome for its price :D

So no need for Mega, right? ;-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I wonder how they'd react if i pushed 50TB to them...

• Their soft limit is 30TB. Dunno if anyone has pushed beyond that,

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:
    Quick update:

So no need for Mega, right? ;-)

Yes :-)

@teamacc

See my earlier post:

I currently have about ~ 5TB at my fichier account and everything seems to work fine. I've heard of someone being asked to reduce their storage who had 60+ TB. He reduced it first to 45 TB where they still asked him to reduce it and after he settled around ~30TB he was not having any problems anymore. So I guess ~30TB is the hard limit. Still with their yearly promos of 10ish € I have no objection. Speed and performance for dls and cdn within EU has been good so far :) Gonna up my storage to 10 TB soon.

I currently have 10TB with them.

@teamacc said:
    I wonder how they'd react if i pushed 50TB to them...

Do you have the premium plan?

(But, yeah, 50TB would be pushing it. :-) )

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2018

@angstrom said:

@teamacc said:
    I wonder how they'd react if i pushed 50TB to them...

Do you have the premium plan?

(But, yeah, 50TB would be pushing it. :-) )

For 10€/year I'm even fine with my current storage (10TB, really). Anyone who wants to challenge them to their unlimited policy please bear in mind that aside from ruining things for everyone - and yourself - there is not much to gain from pushing xxx TB^^
    For a thumb rule Id stick to the 30TB "soft/hard limit" implied.

This is great I now have about 10 Websites backed up daily and do not worry about disk space whatsoever hehe^^ Even though some website is 10GB in size^^

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Just opened an account, seems promising if they can sustain this type of pricing.

Side note, I love your style @Ympker -- for being an IT guy, you're pretty chill which beats the argumentative stereotype.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • @YokedEgg said:
    Just opened an account, seems promising if they can sustain this type of pricing.

Side note, I love your style @Ympker -- for being an IT guy, you're pretty chill which beats the argumentative stereotype.

Hehe your welcome :-)

If you go with them, I DO have an afflink hint hint but I wont reach the minimum payout anyway I guess so yeah if you feel like you can pm me for it. I will not post it in public as stated in OP ^^

Thanked by 1YokedEgg
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

premium backups over FTP, such encryption.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2018

@Neoon said:
    premium backups over FTP, such encryption.

For my personal backups it's totally fine and better than no backups for sure, eh?

Let's be honest: We all know that there are Premium backup services out there like Backupsy, R1Soft, Google Drive, Storage VPS, Dropbox... you name it ... but what we also know is that this is LET and many of us are cheapskates and proudly so! A backup in need is a friend indeed :P So why not let everyone else consider the pros and cons of this deal and let them make the choice for themselves, eh :-)