Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about Bunnycdn? (Isnt that cheapest and reliable one?) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think about Bunnycdn? (Isnt that cheapest and reliable one?)

2»

Comments

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@sureiam said:
    I'm not a big fan of the $10 "per year" minimum. So essentially of your use is so low that $10 is left over it'll automatically add another $10. Now obviously most people with such low usage requirements aren't considering a CDN but you never know perhaps someone has an uber cheap shared perform and wants a cdn to supplement well this wouldn't be an option imo.

Depends how you look at it, from a customer perspective, that you're enforced to spend $10 a year regardless of you using 1TB of traffic or not - can seem annoying.

How about looking from a provider perspective as well?

As a provider, if people sign up for my service, I really don't wanna get paid $10 and then there's the possibility that people will end up using $0.10 per month and then create tickets because God knows what.

The issue is that when customers paid for a service, regardless of price, they assume they can do anything they want. If they pay $10 with a monthly usage of $0.10 - customers somehow find it perfectly fine to create a crazy amount of tickets, so on the long run, the provider end up spending more time supporting the customer that really pays pennies.

So "limiting" the impact by setting a minimum usage per year (or month), makes rather sense from a provider perspective.

Alternatively, a provider could sit around with 50k active clients, all spending $0.01 per month, and having to supply support for all 50k customers :-)

Not sure where to buy so cheap labor to handle that.

oh and what is funny, those low paying customers, they tend to be the customers that take up the most time.

• Ignorance of doubts: I have 8 mini website, so I need to pay 10usd per website or base on total usage? Any review of their asia node?

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

The $10 per year minimum recharge is there because I didn't want to force users to monthly payments and have the ability to use it whenever they want, but as Zerpy said there is a level of costs associated with support etc. and storing your files as well. Even if you're using just 1GB per month, we still need space on nodes to store that and have servers holding your configuration, logging, etc. Imagine paying

However, the system itself might seem annoying to a user if they just ignore all of this and think they're somehow losing money. Strangely if it cost $1 per month with some bandwidth included I guess that would be fine.

@elliotc said:
    Ignorance of doubts: I have 8 mini website, so I need to pay 10usd per website or base on total usage? Any review of their asia node?

It's $10 per account for as many sites as you want as long as it's a reasonable number. To test it out, you can use https://test.b-cdn.net/300kb.jpg and https://test.b-cdn.net/bunny_720p.m4v but try to request twice since it's not necessarily cached.

Thanked by 2elliotc Wolf
  • WHTWHT Member

@BunnySpeed said:
    The $10 per year minimum recharge is there because I didn't want to force users to monthly payments and have the ability to use it whenever they want, but as Zerpy said there is a level of costs associated with support etc. and storing your files as well. Even if you're using just 1GB per month, we still need space on nodes to store that and have servers holding your configuration, logging, etc. Imagine paying

However, the system itself might seem annoying to a user if they just ignore all of this and think they're somehow losing money. Strangely if it cost $1 per month with some bandwidth included I guess that would be fine.

@elliotc said:
    Ignorance of doubts: I have 8 mini website, so I need to pay 10usd per website or base on total usage? Any review of their asia node?

It's $10 per account for as many sites as you want as long as it's a reasonable number. To test it out, you can use https://test.b-cdn.net/300kb.jpg and https://test.b-cdn.net/bunny_720p.m4v but try to request twice since it's not necessarily cached.

Ugh! You started also to charge yearly fees? Was not pay as you go?

• AidanAidan Member
    edited March 2018

@WHT said:

@BunnySpeed said:

@elliotc said:

Ugh! You started also to charge yearly fees? Was not pay as you go?

It's still pay as you go, with a minimum yearly spend of $10.

If you're not spending at least ~83 cents a month on your CDN - then you really don't need a CDN.

• Let's be clear - its not a fee. Its a minimum top-up. The $10 still goes on to your account as credit to be used, it doesn't disappear as a fee would

• Been using for months. So far so good.

• SovaSova Member

@henkb said:
    Aside from bunnycdn being great and cheap.
    Isn't almost any cdn cheaper then Amazon? :)

I don't understand Amazon, you have to pay for everything : traffic, requests, https, birthday cake for they sysadmins....

Amazon gets cheaper the more bandwidth you use. Once your consumption goes into the 100's of TB's per month the prices on their pricing page are just a distant memory of how much they were ripping you off. Custom deals are then made with your AWS representative and you are set.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2018

In my opinion:

Its second rate CDN network in terms of performance, but not so far off from the biggest players. Definitely best in price/performance ratio but you can get almost same results by renting servers around the world and using those as CDN.

Kinda like OVH vs Softlayer.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@stefeman said:
    you can get almost same results by renting servers around the world and using those as CDN.

Are you implying that the CDN from bigger boys is one that runs in a mythical powerful cloud hanging in the skies and not on the servers around the world like in BunnyCDN’s case ?

• GodsGods Member
    edited March 2018

@Clouvider said:

@stefeman said:
    you can get almost same results by renting servers around the world and using those as CDN.

Are you implying that the CDN from bigger boys is one that runs in a mythical powerful cloud hanging in the skies and not on the servers around the world like in BunnyCDN’s case ?

No he means they have a billion dollar secret algorithm that magically compresses files and serves users based on your geoip.

Oh wait... isn't that just brotli and geoip module on NGINX?

Point being in the end they're all using the same basic methods and techniques. Granted Cloudflare might have their own infrastructure, doesn't mean they're using magical 10 million dollar servers.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Gods said:
    Point being in the end they're all using the same basic methods and techniques. Granted Cloudflare might have their own infrastructure, doesn't mean they're using magical 10 million dollar servers.

wait, what? I thought CloudFlare would offer 10 million dollar servers for free :(
    SCAM

Thanked by 1Gods
  • GodsGods Member

@Zerpy said:

@Gods said:

wait, what? I thought CloudFlare would offer 10 million dollar servers for free :(
    SCAM

You thought wrong proxmox man

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@Gods said:

@Zerpy said:

@Gods said:

SCAM

If CloudFlare provided OpenVZ, it would be better.

Thanked by 1Gods
  • GodsGods Member

@Zerpy said:

@Gods said:

@Zerpy said:

@Gods said:

SCAM

If CloudFlare provided OpenVZ, it would be better.

Imagine if Cloudflare sold servers and colocation

I would buy a thousand servers

• @Zerpy said:

@sureiam said:
    I'm not a big fan of the $10 "per year" minimum. So essentially of your use is so low that $10 is left over it'll automatically add another $10. Now obviously most people with such low usage requirements aren't considering a CDN but you never know perhaps someone has an uber cheap shared perform and wants a cdn to supplement well this wouldn't be an option imo.

Depends how you look at it, from a customer perspective, that you're enforced to spend $10 a year regardless of you using 1TB of traffic or not - can seem annoying.

How about looking from a provider perspective as well?

As a provider, if people sign up for my service, I really don't wanna get paid $10 and then there's the possibility that people will end up using $0.10 per month and then create tickets because God knows what.

The issue is that when customers paid for a service, regardless of price, they assume they can do anything they want. If they pay $10 with a monthly usage of $0.10 - customers somehow find it perfectly fine to create a crazy amount of tickets, so on the long run, the provider end up spending more time supporting the customer that really pays pennies.

So "limiting" the impact by setting a minimum usage per year (or month), makes rather sense from a provider perspective.

Alternatively, a provider could sit around with 50k active clients, all spending $0.01 per month, and having to supply support for all 50k customers :-)

Not sure where to buy so cheap labor to handle that.

oh and what is funny, those low paying customers, they tend to be the customers that take up the most time.

Fair enough that does indeed make sense

• angstromangstrom Moderator

1fichier also has a decent CDN offer: https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html?lg=en (Scroll to the bottom.)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, its neat, works fine.

Dejan gives his best.

(Sponsored by BunnyCDN)

• not good as maxcdn

• @Jefferymoore said:
    not good as maxcdn

Different levels of price.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jaykjayk Member

I have used bunny cdn and am very happy with performance. Its quite close to Keycdn in terms of performance, but value proposition is outstanding with bunnycdn.

When is easter promo coming BTW :)

• i want my bunny has paypal on one of his easter eggs

• @Jefferymoore said:
    not good as maxcdn

can get better CDN elsewhere for only 10x the price, stay away!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanked by 2Junkless 404error
    edited March 2018

@jayk said:
    I have used bunny cdn and am very happy with performance. Its quite close to Keycdn in terms of performance, but value proposition is outstanding with bunnycdn.

When is easter promo coming BTW :)

Glad to hear that BunnyCDN is working well for you. We're hoping to release something on Easter together with a website overhaul :)

@Jefferymoore said:
    not good as maxcdn

@stefeman said:
    In my opinion:

Its second rate CDN network in terms of performance, but not so far off from the biggest players. Definitely best in price/performance ratio but you can get almost same results by renting servers around the world and using those as CDN.

Kinda like OVH vs Softlayer.

Global real user benchmarks on PerfOps (Beta) actually show BunnyCDN to be faster than MaxCDN and faster or very close to quite a bit of other providers that cost much more and we're currently in the process of optimizing things even further, so price doesn't always equal performance. Unfortunately, though trying to offer a low price makes people think something is low quality automatically. Of course, it's not perfect, but we're trying really hard to make the best we can with what we have to work with in order to provide the best performance possible.

• BunnyCDN is great - price, POPs and speed can’t go wrong. The support from Dejan is superb, always very quick

• for me, it is much better than cloudflare (which is free) and worth every cent.

• BBTNBBTN Member

@BunnySpeed said:
    Glad to hear that BunnyCDN is working well for you. We're hoping to release something on Easter together with a website overhaul :)

I'll better wait recharging my account then. :D

Thanked by 2BunnySpeed Junkless
  • jaykjayk Member

I can see that BunnyCDN easter promotion is active. This year they are offering 25% bonus but no recurring discount :(

edited March 2018

@jayk said:
    I can see that BunnyCDN easter promotion is active. This year they are offering 25% bonus but no recurring discount :(

Sorry about that. We're trying to do the best we can, but we're leaning against recurring discounts because these aren't fixed monthly/yearly plans, unfortunately. We are also offering a $5 free credits promo code in the LET Easter promo thread though :)

Thanked by 1Junkless