Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a dedicated server with 2 TB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a dedicated server with 2 TB HDD

This may be hard but I need to keep it around $15/month. No Atoms though, those things are awful.

Thanks

Comments

• Wait for kimsufi

You might be able to grab i5 or i7

• Else: I have seen @spectraip offer stuff like this in the past few months

• @spectraip good provider

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

Do you need a dedicated server or is a virtual server with dedicated HDD also an option?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Dedicated for $15 is hard because electricity cost that much (almost) let alone the bandwidth and IPs.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

Maybe you can find only a desktop computer with 2TB HDD

• WSSWSS Member

Lots of luck, even WSI 2TB starts out at $25 for garbage CPU.

• @spectraip said:
    Do you need a dedicated server or is a virtual server with dedicated HDD also an option?

Couple of dedicated cores and dedicated HDD would probably be enough. Gigabit interface a plus.

• @WSS said:
    Lots of luck, even WSI 2TB starts out at $25 for garbage CPU.

I hear ya. I'm currently with Ikoula but I messed up thinking the 50% off deal for the G3900 was recurring and turns out it was only for the first month and 20 EUR a month is over budget. I had a $10 dedicated before with them (some old offer) but it was some 2010 atom that was simply atrocious, i thought I was getting a pretty sweet upgrade for very little but I read the terms of the offer wrong :(

• RafayRafay Member

What about Kimsufi?

• DiggDigitalDiggDigital Member, Host Rep

Low budget = VPS

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited March 2018

@hacktek said:

@spectraip said:

Couple of dedicated cores and dedicated HDD would probably be enough. Gigabit interface a plus.

Try @exception0x876 ... the CA storage offer has 1.8TB in RAID5 and 1 unlimited CPU core.

• 6ixth6ixth Member

You are asking for FAR too much for what you are willing to pay, up the budget amigo, mow someones lawn for $10 bucks a month lmao.

• KS-3C is within the price range when discounted. Just have to wait for a while before next promotion.

• @advarisk said:

@hacktek said:

@spectraip said:

Try @exception0x876 ... the CA storage offer has 1.8TB in RAID5 and 1 unlimited CPU core.

Thank you, gonna see if I can find the thread. Always appreciate people who actually try to help instead of trying to be smart asses.

• @hacktek said:
    Thank you, gonna see if I can find the thread.

https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • Still looking for some offers.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

complicated at that price, have you checked wholesale?

• @georgedatacenter said:

I have, seems they start around $25. I'll consider $20 but any more than that is over budget :(

• @hacktek said:

@georgedatacenter said:

I have, seems they start around $25. I'll consider $20 but any more than that is over budget :(

Unfortunately unrealistic for the CPU and HDD you're looking for.

• EwokEwok Member

It's really not unrealistic. You can get 4TB and a dual core for $20 on Dacentec. Not sure if in stock though.

• @Zen said:
    Why not go with a VM?

Don't want to share cores or storage and slices aren't that much cheaper than a cheap dedi.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ewok said:
    It's really not unrealistic. You can get 4TB and a dual core for $20 on Dacentec. Not sure if in stock though.

^ this

• WSSWSS Member

@Ewok said:

8TB today: https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

I'm through with those Athlon shitboxes, though. They're literally just strung on with the dust that keeps them running. I have had ONE good one, and I let that go. The other two were flakey, and I won't be bothering again, even with a /29 included.

• EwokEwok Member

I'm waiting for frans slabs ideally, but it's holding me over for now.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited March 2018

@WSS said:

@Ewok said:

8TB today: https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/

I'm through with those Athlon shitboxes, though. They're literally just strung on with the dust that keeps them running. I have had ONE good one, and I let that go. The other two were flakey, and I won't be bothering again, even with a /29 included.

Still better than those poor Atoms @ OVH. But wouldn't trust even 1GB of precious data to those 8TB of disks, whose ages and perfs are all over the place.

(and BEWARE: upon cancellation of the server, Dacentec still has that nasty habit of debiting one extra month, minutes before ending the contract. No little profit eh? but it definitely makes for a bad deal...)

• @WSS said:

@Ewok said:

I ended up getting one of these. Performance is good for what I need it for and I'm keeping data that I don't really care if I lose it on there, so a drive can die and that'd be fine with me. The network has been very good as well so overall this is a fantastic deal.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@Shot2 said:

@WSS said:

@Ewok said:

(and BEWARE: upon cancellation of the server, Dacentec still has that nasty habit of debiting one extra month, minutes before ending the contract. No little profit eh? but it definitely makes for a bad deal...)

Additional payments after cancellation are often related to PayPal subscriptions that aren't cancelled. Our billing team is very understanding of this and are happy to refund any payment from a subscription that was paid after a server has been cancelled.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@dacentec said:
    Additional payments after cancellation are often related to PayPal subscriptions that aren't cancelled. Our billing team is very understanding of this and are happy to refund any payment from a subscription that was paid after a server has been cancelled.

Given how the server is delivered (hours, days) after the first payment, the server is necessarily cancelled after the last payment has been issued.
    Meh, it's only 25 bucks, no big deal. Enjoy.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

You can purchase it from Wholesaleinternet - Check frequently on custom or instant plans with 2 TB HDD.