Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Russian provider in Kamchatka region?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Russian provider in Kamchatka region?

I need a Russian VPS in the Kamchatka region.
Is there any Russian provider in Kamchatka region?

Comments

• lurchlurch Member

Which region?

• @lurch said:
    Which region?

Kamchatka region. Which located at far east. Its federal subject is Kamchatka Krai with capital called Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.

• @testcaoy7 said:

@lurch said:
    Which region?

Kamchatka region. Which located at far east. Its federal subject is Kamchatka Krai with capital called Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.

Man, I recall looking that up in a map with a friend to laugh at the weirdness of the name.

More ontopic: Maybe @deployvm has anything near that area

• You probably will have to look for a provider in the Far East region. Here is the map of existing connections with Kamchatka.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Can I please ask why you need a VM in Kamchatka? Transit is incredibly expensive in that region.

We can provide VMs in Khabarovsk, which is very near Kamchatka. I see that you need CN connectivity...

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2018

Surprisingly enough, there's a provider in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk (see the above map for Южно-Сахалинск at the bottom...): https://www.it-sakh.net/ru/hosting/vds/

Reasonable pricing, starting from 600 roubles/month (about $10.5) and even unmetered bandwidth. Looks a bit too good to be true, so be wary. I have not used them. From the traceroutes the company website is actually hosted there, and even has IPv6 (which doesn't work).

As for Kamchatka, I don't know of any, and very unlikely any exist. There's barely any people there, and only one cable link, deployed in 2017. And it doesn't have any direct connection to Japan either.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@rm_, yes I know about the Sakhalin provider. Last time they only had ~2Mbps foreign access (channel). Unmetered at that speed, but additionally 1Mbps is extremely expensive. There is local IX access, which gives 1Gbps speeds. Their IPv6 somewhat works, but the problem is with their ISP - SNC, prefix not being advertised to all peers.

• Ugh, we used to drink some cheap $10 handles of Kamchatka vodka in college.