Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good, Bad Places for Reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good, Bad Places for Reviews

In my searching around on the internet, I've noticed that it appears to be difficult to find unbiased reviews of web hosting. It seems like most review sites are affiliate sites, the owner gets a commission from the hosting company for steering you to that company.

I recognize people here write reviews of services seen on LET, but what about web hosting services not commonly listed on LET? Can someone let me know of a good, honest site to find reviews? Also, can you advise on bad sites that I might mistake for honest review sites?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Never trust reviews from "review sites". They are all paid shit which you've mentioned.

I don't even trust reviews on LET, either, especially when reviewers are either clueless or extremely unrealistic when paying 12 bucks / year.

I generally google a name of a host to begin with to see whether they've spammed or have conducted unprofessionally elsewhere and then just look at prices of their plans and location of their datacenter.

With enough experience, you can tell by just looking at those.

• I think I've been around long enough to see that LET does seem to attract a fair number of reviews from the one dissatisfied customer who has unrealistic demands. But, I have found it useful when a particular host is circling the drain, a lot of people complain then you know it is time to migrate your data.

@deank said:

I don't even trust reviews on LET, either, especially when reviewers are either clueless or extremely unrealistic when paying 12 bucks / year.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

The only innovate review site I could give a thumbs up is HostAdvice.com

(We don't have much reviews anywhere -_-)

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • Definitely not https://dah85.com it's full of afflinks

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

How about sites were customers can review their services like provenexpert or trustpilot?

• The only good review site is here, but there's a technique to it. When one of those inevitable troll rants comes up, look at the posts under that and find the ones from people with known experience and reputation. That's where the gold is.

• MTUser2012 said: I recognize people here write reviews of services seen on LET, but what about web hosting services not commonly listed on LET? Can someone let me know of a good, honest site to find reviews? Also, can you advise on bad sites that I might mistake for honest review sites?

If you talk about reviews, and sites with reviews, I strongly suggest run away from them.
    10$ = ~30-50 reviews on ANY of such sites, I will not name services what offer that shit, but you can easily google it. This is a very popular method of illegal fake things at an internet. Real people will come to any of a website and will write reviews with screenshots, with Facebook accounts / other account registrations or from their real and so on. So any of reviews from such sites like someone said above -> it is bullshit.

Since 2011 I have tried dozens of different providers around LET, and I wish you to tell you, that even very positive reviews for some of the providers not really deserved. Some providers really under-rated and provide much better services like others, I will not make to anyone any advertising, but there are a lot of really professional teams which doing an amazing job. Usually, such people do not have ANY negative reviews at LET in comments or at topics.

The only one way to understand what to choose to buy, it's buying testing and continuing or canceling a service what you are using, and building own vision and definitions related to services, price, business manners and so on.

As personally for me, it is very easy to see is provider bad or good, in answer to a painful for provider questions truth, that they something failed, that they made a mistake, and so on. I really hate providers (and there are a lot of such providers) which transfer their responsibility for what they are doing to a client. Even if they got some troubles, packet loss and so on, and they knew about it for a long time, they start to blame a client for network issues, CPU issues and so on. They doing just a fast and easy money, and will for sure kick clients who will ask questions and will a little unhide their fraudulent model: "take a shit and eat it, or if you don't like fuck off".

I really like providers which like everyone else facing different difficulties in their work, but they can say: "yes, we got a trouble here and there, yes, this is our fault, we facked up, for this period of time you will have a service degradation, we don't know any ETA when the issue will be fixed, but when it will be fixed, we will notify you". And which do what they just said, not ones which just excuses and do mostly nothing on overloaded nodes.

Usually, a price for good providers a higher and adequate if compare to any trash ones.
    But here need to make some mark, cheap services not always bad, something it is provider investition for their clientbase.

@desperand said:

If you talk about reviews, and sites with reviews, I strongly suggest run away from them.
    10$ = ~30-50 reviews on ANY of such sites, I will not name services what offer that shit, but you can easily google it. This is a very popular method of illegal fake things at an internet. Real people will come to any of a website and will write reviews with screenshots, with Facebook accounts / other account registrations or from their real and so on.

We have been providing hosting since 2014 and its been more than 3 years still just handful of reviews. And I always used to think that how come other providers have so many reviews -_-

Wasn't aware that there are services to add fake reviews :|

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@BlaZe Worth of mouth for recommendations is what is the best for me. I have never asked anyone to leave a review, and people who've suggested my stuff have brought many more than a good review would have.

Thanked by 1desperand
    edited March 2018

@MikeA said:
    @BlaZe Worth of mouth for recommendations is what is the best for me. I have never asked anyone to leave a review, and people who've suggested my stuff have brought many more than a good review would have.

Yep true indeed. Word of mouth recommendation is what helping us survive.

I'll be honest, have just asked 2 clients to leave us a review after months because we sponsored them dedicated servers for their projects.

That explains 50% of the total reviews we have on the interwebz -_-

• desperand said: The only one way to understand what to choose to buy, it's buying testing and continuing or canceling a service what you are using, and building own vision and definitions related to services, price, business manners and so on.

This is so true.

It's disappointing that there is such an amount of fake reviews for hosting services around the internet. I'm pretty sure there was a provider banned a few months ago for having hundreds of fake reviews all over their Facebook account, of course as soon as they were banned from here they closed up shop.

Personally I look for reviews from users around here, only buy from registered businesses, and lookout for warning signs. The Top Provider vote is a good indicator of who to go with too.

The worst ones for me are the sites that will give any company with a high paying affiliate program a great review just so they can make some cash at the expense of the user, then ignoring any other companies, no matter how good, just to continue pushing their affiliate links.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

Oh blaze that is shillz :D

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, if you go on these price matching sites, what do you get?

No the cheapest, you get the product which gives the person who runs the side the most money.
    I have worked for these people, so they cannot be trusted.

Like people, with an accent, they cannot be trusted also.

I mean LET is best platform for reviews, if you fake it, you get banned, if the provider does shit, he gets banned and premium SEO for his site.

Neoon said: premium SEO for his site.

specially the users of this site are good at passing premium seo keywords for his site :p

• @hostdare said:

Neoon said: premium SEO for his site.

specially the users of this site are good at passing premium seo keywords for his site :p

Like this?

NEW PURE NVME SSD OpenVZ UK | NEW PURE NVME SSD KVM UK

[Lololololol said]

no, it is like :D

" lololhosting is scam . lolololhosting is spammer etc etc "

Thanked by 1Lololololol
  • hostdare is PREMIUM A++ VPS HOSTING KVM PREMIUM NETWORK

• You're welcome ;)