Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want a C.H.E.A.P VPS located in asia specifically SG or Tokyo!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want a C.H.E.A.P VPS located in asia specifically SG or Tokyo!

So guys, I'm going to create a VPS that will suit my needs for storing private usually video files or music so I can just download it when I'm using a new device

and also the very most important thing above all above is that I want to make a good VPN for my android phone, huge censorship in my country forcing me to do this so I consider spending a hundred bucks or few is okay right?

So just offer me a VPS located specifically in SG or Tokyo, with the specs, and the price for annual subscription!

My budget is limited to max of $100/y. If you can, maybe there's script for automatically setup a VPN or else, that'd be great! BTW, only paying with bitcoin or any cryptocurrencies for the sake of my security so thanks. I can raise the budget a little more if it's really worth it.

Comments

• OVH , DO, VULTR, HOSTUS, AND A BUNCH OF OTHERS. $100 A YEAR FOR A VPN IS NOT WHAT I CONSIDER CHEAP.

• And @randvegeta maybe , not sure. Is Hongkong in Tokyo ?

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @yokowasis said:
    OVH , DO, VULTR, HOSTUS, AND A BUNCH OF OTHERS. $100 A YEAR FOR A VPN IS NOT WHAT I CONSIDER CHEAP.

Well $100 will get 25 cones of ice cream in australia so I better go with this vps that could lasts 1 year and giving me a freedom over internet than having a diabetes so I consider this price as a cheap ones.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Lol.

I only do HK on in Asia.

Any way. +1 for Vultr in both SG and Tokyo.

• @yokowasis said:
    And @randvegeta maybe , not sure. Is Hongkong in Tokyo ?

No HK is in China.

• I think he need something can go though GFW

@Greyhound said:

@yokowasis said:
    And @randvegeta maybe , not sure. Is Hongkong in Tokyo ?

No HK is in China.

Please don't say that.

Thanked by 3Aidan elliotc Miky

@omelas said:
    I think he need something can go though GFW

I don't think so. SG and JP would not be good for that at that price.

• omelasomelas Member
    edited March 2018

@randvegeta said:

@omelas said:
    I think he need something can go though GFW

I don't think so. SG and JP would not be good for that at that price.

But if he isn't in china why he would avoid HK? Ping doesn't make sense because HK is between SJ and JP. He already said this is for VPN for bypass censorship

• You mention storing videos and music; how much storage space do you need?

• aubertaubert Member
    edited March 2018

@seanho said:
    You mention storing videos and music; how much storage space do you need?

Just a little, maybe 50GB to 100 GB

• cryptocurrencies
    • 50~100GB
    • asia location
    • 100 yearly

You probably have to compromise on one or two requirements, cryptocurrency or disk space or both.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

C.H.E.A.P

Chinese Hindrance-Evading Access Point?

Thanked by 1ariq01

aubert said: Just a little, maybe 50GB to 100 GB

How much data transfer?

And why only SG or JP and not HK?

• aubertaubert Member
    edited March 2018

@randvegeta said:

aubert said: Just a little, maybe 50GB to 100 GB

How much data transfer?

And why only SG or JP and not HK?

Because I can only read alphabet and a little bit of hiragana,katakana, and kanji.
    I might consider HK but I sometimes see that an ads displayed from that region is really disturbing so I prefer SG or JP

Data transfer that I need is no more than 50GB a month.

• Why not DO or Vultr or Linode ?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2018

caracal said: Why not DO or Vultr or Linode ?

Of these only Vultr accepts Bitcoin, and they don't provide the required amount of storage for the specified budget. (Neither do other two.)

• You might also wanna consider Leaseweb SG. Pretty satisfied with their services.

aubert said: Because I can only read alphabet and a little bit of hiragana,katakana, and kanji. I might consider HK but I sometimes see that an ads displayed from that region is really disturbing so I prefer SG or JP

Data transfer that I need is no more than 50GB a month.

We do HK servers, direct China routes, low latency accross Asia, and only English support. If you're interested, I can setup a test machine.

If you must go SG or JP, Vultr is really quite good. BTC is possible but you can't be a first time customer and pay with BTC I dont think. You need a verified Paypal or Credit Card I believe.