Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some KVM, for some UDP, dem OVH Reseller maybe? very good - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some KVM, for some UDP, dem OVH Reseller maybe? very good

2»

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2018

I fucking love OVZ, I have loads of stuff running on it, it all works and it all costs me significantly less than it it was all KVM.

LONG LIVE OVZ

• OVZ is over for me. Industry leaders are not adopting it and are rather getting away from it. CYA OVZ.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Neoon said: where they have a lot of guns.

Just bought 2 more this week :D

• @JoeMerit said:
    OVZ is over for me. Industry leaders are not adopting it and are rather getting away from it. CYA OVZ.

Industry leaders are often cunts and have entirely different motivations to the man on the street.

DON’T BELIEVE THE HYYYYYYPE

Thanked by 2bugrakoc FHR
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ehab said:
    for apps , kvm is the best.

for backup and maybe some utils ovz is oky.

i know now how to get tickle Neoon ..-.-. OVZ --- ovvZzzzz , ovzxzz

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ITS TIME TO STAMP OUT OVZ!

Thanked by 1rm_
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

JoeMerit said: ITS TIME TO STAMP OUT OVZ!

said 2 people ever

• I think more than 2 people! lets drag in some hosts that sell KVM only now and see what they have to say!

• @JoeMerit said:
    I think more than 2 people! lets drag in some hosts that sell KVM only now and see what they have to say!

They’ll say ‘I fucking love OVZ but you stupid cunts will pay more for KVM, so fuck it’.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @Nekki said: pay more

Heh. If only.

• @Neoon said:

@bsdguy said:
    @Neoon

"512MB KVM box, add some Traffic + Disk,... AntiDDOS" - won't happen, at least not in actually useable quality. 256MB KVM, no AntiDDOS, couple 100 GB traffic, 5, maybe 7GB disk should be possible.

In which century are you livin?

AntiDDOS is a must in 2018, you can go and buy a booter for 5$ with Paypal in a few seconds. jesus christ.

That you can buy a booter that easy, does not mean you need DDOS anyone, but still, there are enough retards outside.

You can see what happens in america, where they have a lot of guns.

Anyway, still 256MB is a bit to low, 512MB is fine, I do not even gave a minimum at Disk or Traffic, 5GB and 100GB is totally fine.

Well, I actually have quite some kvm boxen in the price range you desire. Got just these days 2 more, each at 1.5$/mo If I offered o pay 2$/mo I almost certainly could get 512 MB. Oh and both kvms are in an excellent DC.

I made (and published) tests and reviews on 12$-25$ vps and have had and still have quite a few of them, so I guess I have a pretty good idea of the market, thank you.

As for DDOS I'm not even talking with you because obviously you have next to no real idea what you are talking about and are based on reading too many "DDOS!!! The end is nigh!!!" stories.

• I have one vm from https://ihor.ru 512 kvm for 1.80$. Now its not great obviously, (low I/O) but for the price is good and serving my needs. Also they say its ddos protected, but dont know much info on that one.

@emperor said:
    I have one vm from https://ihor.ru 512 kvm for 1.80$. Now its not great obviously, (low I/O) but for the price is good and serving my needs. Also they say its ddos protected, but dont know much info on that one.

Actually pretty neat, except they fucked up the phone verification.

• emperoremperor Member
    edited February 2018

Neoon said: Actually pretty neat, except they fucked up the phone verification.

I had same problem, just write them ticket, they resolved it for me in 10 min.

@emperor said:

Neoon said: Actually pretty neat, except they fucked up the phone verification.

I had same problem, just write them ticket, they resolved it for me in 10 min.

Same.

• @Neoon said:
    Hey everyone!

I need dem KVM, for dem UDP, prem DNS.

512MB KVM box, add some Traffic + Disk, for cheap, anyone?

Should have AntiDDOS in case it gets attacked by the martians.

Sweet spot would be 2EUR and/or less, I would even buy 2.

Of course you can make offers, but the chance drops if the offer goes to far away.

Thanks.

UDP will drop during an attack unless you're on ovh game. You could try a nfoservers vds (xen). Their protection is very good and will filter the udp properly. Cost is $9 ~4 euro - but comes with 2x your required ram so it would be like having 2 boxes. Additionally their routing is pretty low latency all around the U.S.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@JoeMerit said:
    lets drag in some hosts that sell KVM only now and see what they have to say!

I know that if I sold OVZ packages they'd be selling like crazy. Believe it or not, in this market OVZ sells much better then KVM. KVM is seen as too complicated by a lot of people, even though it's pretty much the same ease of use wise.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

LXC > OpenVZ.
    I hope commercial hypervisors will adopt it soon. I know Virtualizor supports it, but it's in beta.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2018

FHR said: LXC

LEL

Kindly educate yourself on what hosts have to say about LXC:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2679154/#Comment_2679154

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @Nekki said:
    I fucking love OVZ, I have loads of stuff running on it, it all works and it all costs me significantly less than it it was all KVM.

LONG LIVE OVZ

LONG LIVE 32MB.CLUB

Thanked by 2mikho brueggus
    edited February 2018

Anyway, thanks for the Ride.

We have proven @AnthonySmith and @bsdguy wrong.

2 Boxes for less then 2EUR, I do invite you for the next round: DRAMA MY VPS IS OFFLINE.

/close

Thanked by 1rm_

Anyone can offer them at that price its not hard, you are still very wrong about OpenVZ being dead though.

gg

Thanked by 1bugrakoc

@AnthonySmith said:
    Anyone can offer them at that price its not hard, you are still very wrong about OpenVZ being dead though.

gg

The day will come, when you need to migrate all OVZ to KVM, no worries.

Neoon said: The day will come, when you need to migrate all OVZ to KVM, no worries.

That day has started actually, except its VZ7 not KVM, no worries, gg.

• @Neoon said:
    The day will come, when you need to migrate all OVZ to KVM, no worries.

OVZ will likely end up next in line with HTTP, SMTP, IPv4 and other legacy stuff that is still heavily relied upon.

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: The day will come, when you need to migrate all OVZ to KVM, no worries.

That day has started actually, except its VZ7 not KVM, no worries, gg.

That was not KVM, I guess you will never change your mind.

Fair enough, see you in 3 years when OpenVZ is still just as popular as ever :)

• ehabehab Member

@Lololololol said:

if you know anthony.openvz's you'd take those words back.

@AnthonySmith said:
    Fair enough, see you in 3 years when OpenVZ is still just as popular as ever :)

bookmarked :) vz7 is going to take over kvm too, mark my words :)