Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nocix Review (Look At This Before You Look At Other Nocix Reviews)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nocix Review (Look At This Before You Look At Other Nocix Reviews)

CrandolphCrandolph Member
edited February 2018 in Providers

Honestly, this will sound like a shill but...

They're very good.

I've been with them 2 months and had one power outage, which lasted minimal time for my server.

Other than that, great prices, pretty solid network.

Oh, and great support.

I'm talking literal 3 minute responses for a super low end budget provider 24/7.

I've had drives put in within 5 minutes of opening a ticket about it, then paying the invoice.

Over all I highly recommend.

The guys there are great and even held my hand through a ZFS installation (in fact, could have been arguable a managed service for about an hour).

Plus they'll issue you a free KVM IP in a snap or reinstall / reboot your server if you have any trouble. Additionally, on preconfig servers, they do already have a reinstall / reboot feature and for custom servers (like mine, unfortunately) -- it's coming soon.

Over all, highly recommended. From me, anyways.

P.S. This review is totally on my behalf, I see a lot of bad Nocix / Datashack / Wholesale reviews, but not a lot of good ones. I wanted to do my role in helping balance that with an actual positive experience from me.

Comments

• CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited February 2018

Oh and by the way, it's not advertised because it's not much, but all servers come with 2Gbps free DDoS mitigation, and they seem to be able to mitigate more than that.

(From experience.)

Also, they're working on getting upwards of 20Gbps protection.

(According to what I've heard from the grape vine.)

• We look forward to the 6, 9 and 12 month reviews if you actually stay.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I wouldn't trust his reviews too much, given the past history.

• @Crandolph what about bandwidth? It's 1Gbit @ 100TB dedicated?

• I wonder if Nocix has NVMe like write speeds at 3$

• @lion said:
    I wonder if Nocix has NVMe like write speeds at 3$

My $5 120gb nocix regular SSD is faster than my hetzner nvme.

That's sad. Hetzner is still trash.

• @deank said:
    I wouldn't trust his reviews too much, given the past history.

You can fuck off now.

• @mtsbatalha said:
    @Crandolph what about bandwidth? It's 1Gbit @ 100TB dedicated

I do believe the port is dedicated yes. No issues with speed thus far to lead me to believe it isnt.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @doughmanes said:
    We look forward to the 6, 9 and 12 month reviews if you actually stay.

I've had experience with them when they were Datashack. I came back when they improved.

I like the team.

• nocix price point is good, comparable like dacentec, quickpacket etc. but the network is not good as the other especially when accessed from asian countries. just my own opinion, i rent dedi at nocix and almost 2 years on august.

Thanked by 1Crandolph
  • also, look like too many shoeminer at nocix recently.

• @warrior said:
    nocix price point is good, comparable like dacentec, quickpacket etc. but the network is not good as the other especially when accessed from asian countries. just my own opinion, i rent dedi at nocix and almost 2 years on august.

Quickpacket is probably going to get you the best Asian connection. Dacentec will probably get you the best European connection. Nocix is good for America.

Although dacentec is way less tolerant about things such as DDoS. Not sure about quickpacket.

• Good hosting for the price.

Longggg time customer.

Thanked by 2Crandolph mtsbatalha
    edited February 2018

@AlyssaD said:
    Good hosting for the price.

Longggg time customer.

Nice to see another server neighbor around here :-)

• Going through their server pricing and I saw "AMD Sexcore Custom".

• msg7086 said: Going through their server pricing and I saw "AMD Sexcore Custom".

And?

• @msg7086 said:
    Going through their server pricing and I saw "AMD Sexcore Custom".

Yes so for example I got a quad core custom and it came with an amd 3.5ghz phenom.

If it's not a preconfig they don't always list exact processor.

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Wondering who is their datacenter?

• @Hannan said:
    Wondering who is their datacenter?

Themselves I'm pretty sure.

edited February 2018

@mtsbatalha said:
    @Crandolph what about bandwidth? It's 1Gbit @ 100TB dedicated?

I sent @mtsbatalha a quick benchmark, if anyone on the thread is interested here you go:

root@srv:~# wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

CPU model : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 970 Processor
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 3515.805 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 1304.9 GB (17.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 7944 MB (3999 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 7167 MB (63 MB Used)
    System uptime : 1 days, 3 hour 45 min
    Load average : 0.13, 0.14, 0.10
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.13.13-6-pve

I/O speed(1st run) : 545 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 569 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 536 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 550.0 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 75.9MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP 106.187.96.148 15.0MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 3.90MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 5.68MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 3.78MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 7.24MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 88.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 40.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 8.13MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 9.15MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 10.7MB/s

root@srv:~#

Thanked by 3Aidan mtsbatalha dynweb
  • They are good for their price, but not as miracle as you described. Their port is not dedicated, it's shared port. No DDoS protection at all. They will null route your IP whenever you get DDoSed. Their disks are also not good. It's end customer SSD disk with merely get 1k IOPs. Their billing system even had a bug that help you order any servers for free.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

Your benchmark does inbound tests though. Obviously they have plenty of free inbound capacity, but even that turns rather horrible when you reach Europe. Also keep in mind that these are business networks and make sure to test during peak hours. Now imagine what a consumer ISP in EU would get. This is definitely not what one should consider good network. Well, for the price it is I guess, but definitely not otherwise.

• @levnode said:
    They are good for their price, but not as miracle as you described. Their port is not dedicated, it's shared port. No DDoS protection at all. They will null route your IP whenever you get DDoSed. Their disks are also not good. It's end customer SSD disk with merely get 1k IOPs. Their billing system even had a bug that help you order any servers for free.

Most of this is incorrect.

Null route is common knowledge.

Not positive if your correct on the port, but nonetheless it works great for me, so it must not be oversold.

DDoS Protection is as stated, 2Gbps.

SSD part is blatantly wrong and makes no sense maybe your single experience was with a bad drive that can happen at any DC. Mine isn't similar.

Can't be hassled to argue, you can have your own opinion or experience.

Keep in mind I'm a very objective based person, for example I called Hetzner shit because I had a piss poor experience, I gave Nocix an honest review based on my experience. If I think your shit, I'll call your service shit. Nocix however, has plesantly surprised me.

• @BunnySpeed said:
    Your benchmark does inbound tests though. Obviously they have plenty of free inbound capacity, but even that turns rather horrible when you reach Europe. Also keep in mind that these are business networks and make sure to test during peak hours. Now imagine what a consumer ISP in EU would get. This is definitely not what one should consider good network. Well, for the price it is I guess, but definitely not otherwise.

That benchmark was at 3 or 4 I think. Relatively peak.

I agree it's not the best ever, but for my $22.50 I'll take it :-)

• @levnode said:
    They are good for their price, but not as miracle as you described. Their port is not dedicated, it's shared port. No DDoS protection at all. They will null route your IP whenever you get DDoSed. Their disks are also not good. It's end customer SSD disk with merely get 1k IOPs. Their billing system even had a bug that help you order any servers for free.

like i said network is not good as the other, maybe cause its shared port. for ddos no experience so far. rotation hours disk is really-really old, for billing system one of LET user talk about it and sent bug via tickets and nocix never response the ticket last i hear.

• @Crandolph said:

@levnode said:

Not positive if your correct on the port, but nonetheless it works great for me, so it must not be oversold.

SSD part is blatantly wrong and makes no sense maybe your single experience was with a bad drive that can happen at any DC. Mine isn't similar.

Keep in mind I'm a very objective based person, for example I called Hetzner shit because I had a piss poor experience, I gave Nocix an honest review based on my experience. If I think your shit, I'll call your service shit. Nocix however, has plesantly surprised me.

Show me your invoices with them. I want to know how much you have spent with them comparing to me. Yes, you can keep your opinion but telling my review is incorrect based on your experience is incorrect.

Moreover, you are writing a review and you are arguing with others to prove that your review is correct for everyone. What the hell of this review? If it’s not nocix, I will doubt that you’re faking promotion for your own service.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2018

Post removed. I seriously had volumedrive in my head, got mixed up with quadix. My reply was totally unfair to datashack. Too many name changes ;)

• jarland said: Post removed. I seriously had volumedrive in my head, got mixed up with quadix. My reply was totally unfair to datashack. Too many name changes ;)

Me too, sometime I confused with nocix and quadix. LOL.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I've been with Nocix since late June 2017. Been a customer with them before but had a little break.

My uptime since I started monitoring that server, let's say from August 1st is 99.8976% That includes scheduled maintenance on my part and unscheduled things from their part.

3 times it's been completely down, mid-October, early December, and mid-January.
    those 3 times account for most of the downtime, I should mention that I don't pause monitoring when I have scheduled maintenance either ... so if you remove maintenance, uptime would be even better
    For me, 99.9% is "good enough"

Worst was on Oct 15. Power loss in the DC where everything got shut down. ~3hours in total that day ... not consecutive but on and off during a 4-hour window
    36 minutes on Dec 5th
    Jan 18th: downtime registered 7 times. ranging from 60 sec to 30 minutes .. all during a 3-hour window. Total downtime 97 minutes...

I'm more than happy with this. The performance of the server? As expected.

Thanked by 1Crandolph
    edited February 2018

@levnode said:

@Crandolph said:

@levnode said:

Show me your invoices with them. I want to know how much you have spent with them comparing to me. Yes, you can keep your opinion but telling my review is incorrect based on your experience is incorrect.

Moreover, you are writing a review and you are arguing with others to prove that your review is correct for everyone. What the hell of this review? If it’s not nocix, I will doubt that you’re faking promotion for your own service.

Dude, literally fuck off.

Don't use them.

I did this because I had a good experience.

Nocix is too big to make fake reviews on let.

They've been around years and probably do 6 figures a month in revenue.

Stop reaching for a conflict. Use common sense.