Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a stable KVM VPS with UDP DDoS Mitigation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a stable KVM VPS with UDP DDoS Mitigation

joojajooja Member
edited February 2018 in Requests

Hello i am looking for a VPS with UDP DDoS Mitigation

KVM

1 GB ram

1 core

Windows

Budget: 15 USD monthly

Server will be used to perform UDP hole punching and act like a STUN for users
behind a NAT router.

No OVH or Voxility

Thanks

Comments

• That’s Voxility

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @Jack said:

Server will be used to perform UDP hole punching and act like a STUN for users

What does this actually mean?

It is basically a third server to circumvent routers that do not accept UDP connections without a game, basically if 2 players can not communicate between them a third server is used to pass network traffic between players or just to translate the port number between the routers.

• STUN is a UDP based protocol for doing traversal of NAT like jooja states. Both sides send UDP packets to each other and try to establish a direct path. It can also be used for discovery of your public IP address and mapped port.

If that fails then you can fallback to a proprietary protocol for doing relaying, or use the standard TURN which is a protocol for doing relaying.

Standards, standards, standards! They're foundational aspects for the voice/video/data real time communications work in browsers.

Thanked by 1jooja
  • While @SplitIce doesn't provide a VPS you could pair his DDoS offering with one of your choice. That might fit what you need.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Do you have a port list? There's some ports that are a lot less filtered on Voxility.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Do you have a port list? There's some ports that are a lot less filtered on Voxility.

Francisco

Any port between
    3000-8000

@file said:
    STUN is a UDP based protocol for doing traversal of NAT like jooja states. Both sides send UDP packets to each other and try to establish a direct path. It can also be used for discovery of your public IP address and mapped port.

If that fails then you can fallback to a proprietary protocol for doing relaying, or use the standard TURN which is a protocol for doing relaying.

Standards, standards, standards! They're foundational aspects for the voice/video/data real time communications work in browsers.

Correct

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jooja said: Any port between 3000-8000

A single port? Or a range?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

jooja said: Any port between 3000-8000

A single port? Or a range?

Francisco

Range of 100 ports are ok

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Location?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

@file Thanks for the mention.

It sounds like we at X4B can do what you are after. Our standard Anycast network (AS13165) does not include Voxility or OVH. You are welcome to forward a port range, or every reasonable UDP port to a backend server of your choosing.

Thanked by 1file
  • joojajooja Member
    edited February 2018

@randvegeta said:
    Location?

Doesn't matter

• KMS-Hosting,

• @Noobskid said:
    KMS-Hosting,

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 2266.746 MHz

Total size of Disk : 58.0 GB (1.5 GB Used)

Total amount of Mem : 994 MB (85 MB Used)

Total amount of Swap : 1907 MB (0 MB Used)

System uptime : 0 days 0 hour 50 min

Load average : 0.00, 0.01, 0.12

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64

Virt : kvm

I/O speed( 32M ) : 122 MB/s

I/O speed( 256M ) : 136 MB/s

I/O speed( 2G ) : 124 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 127.3 MB/s

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Is this bench from kms?

• @FR_Michael said:
    Is this bench from kms?

yes

• Still looking for a VPS!!!

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

@jooja said:
    Still looking for a VPS!!!

Can do it for you in Lithuania. Your spec and budget. Virtualization is Xen though. But I can give you a free test if you like. You can even stress test the server.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@FR_Michael said:
    Is this bench from kms?

Yes, basically from one of our older nodes from which we have still six running, but as the hardware platform gets older, we will decomission them until Q2/2018.

Current nodes are running on E5-2660 / E5-2670v2 (HDD), E5-2690v2 (SSD) which provides basically more cpu power on less power usage.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

Thanks for your post. Didn't want to talk bad about you or anything like that. I like what I saw of your business in the past and appreciate companies that develop their own solutions, like your DDoS protection for example.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@FR_Michael said:
    Thanks for your post. Didn't want to talk bad about you or anything like that. I like what O saw of our business in the past and appreciate companies that develop their own solutions, like your DDoS protection for example.

No worries, I didnt understand you wrong, that was just for general clarification ;-)

• Nfoservers has a one core 1gb ram vds (xen vps) for $11.49 with Windows instillation. Protection capacity varies by location, Chicago is basically the best.

• @AlexJones said:
    Nfoservers has a one core 1gb ram vds (xen vps) for $11.49 with Windows instillation. Protection capacity varies by location, Chicago is basically the best.

But what about reviews and capacity? Have you used them? Can you share your opinion, and experience?

• AlexJonesAlexJones Member
    edited March 2018

@desperand said:

@AlexJones said:
    Nfoservers has a one core 1gb ram vds (xen vps) for $11.49 with Windows instillation. Protection capacity varies by location, Chicago is basically the best.

But what about reviews and capacity? Have you used them? Can you share your opinion, and experience?

Nfo is 2nd best mitigation in North America. Ovh game being #1 but nfo adjust their filters almost instantly. Their routing is top notch, I used to run a rust server in Chicago location and someone from Israel was getting more than acceptable ping for his geographical location. Unless you are actually hit by a botnet you're more than fine to use them. I've had a nfo nulled before but it was due to a very large botnet used to ddos the server which was caused by the followers of LostInPlace (online troll). Capacity is by location, Chicago is #1 (110gbps raw or more can be filtered upstream if it's an amp method.) And Seattle is 50gbps I believe. It's on their Network map. Additionally, I made a VPN on an nfo vds once and I was able to Max my 500mbps down 50mbps up internet speed because the bandwidth is usually not utilized often.

• @AlexJones said:

@desperand said:

@AlexJones said:

Nfo is 2nd best mitigation in North America. Ovh game being #1 but nfo adjust their filters almost instantly. Their routing is top notch, I used to run a rust server in Chicago location and someone from Israel was getting more than acceptable ping for his geographical location. Unless you are actually hit by a botnet you're more than fine to use them. I've had a nfo nulled before but it was due to a very large botnet used to ddos the server which was caused by the followers of LostInPlace (online troll). Capacity is by location, Chicago is #1 (110gbps raw or more can be filtered upstream if it's an amp method.) And Seattle is 50gbps I believe. It's on their Network map. Additionally, I made a VPN on an nfo vds once and I was able to Max my 500mbps down 50mbps up internet speed because the bandwidth is usually not utilized often.

Do you know any info with facts and numbers related to NFO?
    For example, will it be able to tank 30gbit/s flood from stupid kids with stressers / booters? Or will I get nullrouted at Chicago? How many times have you been nullrouted with them?

• @desperand said:
    For example, will it be able to tank 30gbit/s flood from stupid kids with stressers / booters? Or will I get nullrouted at Chicago? How many times have you been nullrouted with them?

I use them in Chicago. We've eaten more than 30gbit/s DDoS and still been functional. Never been null-routed yet as well (2-3 years with them).

• @imthatguyhere said:

@desperand said:

I use them in Chicago. We've eaten more than 30gbit/s DDoS and still been functional. Never been null-routed yet as well (2-3 years with them).

How have you got info about 30Gbit/s if they do not share information about a DDoS attacks (I say this because on their website it says so)

• @desperand said:
    How have you got info about 30Gbit/s if they do not share information about a DDoS attacks (I say this because on their website it says so)

Moved 2 gameservers, that were constantly attacked via SSDP UDP DDoS at over 50Gbit/s, over to their VDS line-ups and wasn't null-routed. Saw some packetloss and IPs temporarily blocked, but everything stayed accessible. It's entirely possible that they just lessened the attacks, but I highly doubt it.

• @imthatguyhere said:

@desperand said:

Moved 2 gameservers, that were constantly attacked via SSDP UDP DDoS at over 50Gbit/s, over to their VDS line-ups and wasn't null-routed. Saw some packetloss and IPs temporarily blocked, but everything stayed accessible. It's entirely possible that they just lessened the attacks, but I highly doubt it.

What do you mean by no null routes, but IPs being temporarily blocked?

Do you mean you were able to see zombies being blocked?

• @Crandolph said:
    What do you mean by no null routes, but IPs being temporarily blocked?

I mean the services were never disconnected from the network or inaccessible, but some IPs of new people got blocked until the mitigation ended or those that attempted to connect too often. After the mitigation window they alert you ends, they could all reconnect.