Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

myserverplanet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

myserverplanet

My VPS has been down a whole week and I am not able to bring it up. Ticket opened for a week and no reply now it just got closed. Any representatives here? If I don't get it solved soon I will have to charge back.

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
  • Last active- december 2017. Should I be worried?

Thanked by 1Nomad
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

luoys said: Last active- december 2017. Should I be worried?

Was this an old ip6 only NAT VPS?

No need to worry, just get another host and restore from backups.

• I don't know... it says "LE1. Virtualizor VPS"

I can always go to another host, I am just trying to see if this one is salvageable.

luoys said: I don't know... it says "LE1. Virtualizor VPS"

You dont know if you had a dedicated IPv4 address?

What were the specs/price?

I am asking because he announced ages ago that he was closing some of the budget service lines, just wondering if you missed that.

• I have a IPv4 address. 1.5GBP/mo, and I think its 150GB storage, but don't remember other details. If they want to close the service they should let me know and no charge it? I only bought this service less than 2 months ago

right, this is not what I was thinking then.

Someone will probably alert Nick I guess.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    Someone will probably alert Nick I guess.

And he will then ignore the OP:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132946/so-what-s-up-with-msp-nick

• luoys said: Last active- december 2017. Should I be worried?

It's a dead ship, leave asap!

Thanked by 3mksh BharatB FrankZ
  • @luoys said:
    Last active- december 2017. Should I be worried?

100%.

Thanked by 2mksh BharatB
  • So, if some one can recommend somewhere I can get a ubuntu/linux box, with around 200GB disk space at the lowest price? It is for archive and storage purpose only so don't care about bandwidth and speed. Thanks!

• @luoys said:
    So, if some one can recommend somewhere I can get a ubuntu/linux box, with around 200GB disk space at the lowest price? It is for archive and storage purpose only so don't care about bandwidth and speed. Thanks!

liteserver.nl?

• MridulMridul Member
    edited February 2018

Same Here. VPS Down for Over 15 days !

https://ny.myserverplanet.com:4083 is down as well.

The ny is end.

• I have a shared plan with them and it looks like they didn't pay Softaculous

Your license is not active or it has expired. If your license has expired, please renew it to continue using this Software

• This company always reminds me of planet servers and ev1servers. I believe they were consolidated and bought out by softlayer(may we all be so lucky!) if I'm not mistaken.

• They just closed my ticket and removed my account. Fascinating.

• @WellGrounded maybe myserverplanet is a nice provider to add to your list, lol.

• Nice discussions @WellGrounded

• @Mridul said:
    Same Here. VPS Down for Over 15 days !

https://ny.myserverplanet.com:4083 is down as well.

Same here... for over 1 month :-(

edited April 2018

jarcem said: Same here... for over 1 month :-(

They have made an application to close down the company:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09159619/filing-history

MSP can be considered closed or at least, not trading, if you have any payments for an advanced period that have not been honored, file your PayPal disputes and CC charge backs including the link above.

Thanked by 2mikho jarcem
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

So they haven't been sold ?

Clouvider said: So they haven't been sold ?

Seems not, Nick has even signed the strike off application.

Seems more like a sneak out in silence tactic before the charge backs hit situation.

• @AnthonySmith said:

jarcem said: Same here... for over 1 month :-(

They have made an application to close down the company:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09159619/filing-history

MSP can be considered closed or at least, not trading, if you have any payments for an advanced period that have not been honored, file your PayPal disputes and CC charge backs including the link above.

Thanks for your advice. This is not a nice company, they are still sending invoices and payment requests... and support is non-existent.

14 Apr 2018 Voluntary strike-off action has been suspended

Action pursuant to Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006 for the striking off and dissolution of the above company has been suspended as an objection has been received by the Registrar

It does seem someone is fighting their case against MSP - they won't get off the hook as easily.

Thanked by 2Zen MichaelCee
  • @Clouvider said:
    14 Apr 2018 Voluntary strike-off action has been suspended

Action pursuant to Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006 for the striking off and dissolution of the above company has been suspended as an objection has been received by the Registrar

It does seem someone is fighting their case against MSP - they won't get off the hook as easily.

I wonder who. I don't think it's HMRC, I assume there's no tax or penalties due?

What does "strike off" mean in this context? I think it must be a UK-specific term.

edited April 2018

@raindog308 said:
    What does "strike off" mean in this context? I think it must be a UK-specific term.

It essentially is a process whereby you're saying that you didn't trade and you're asking the Registrar of Companies to have this company struck off the register.

https://www.gov.uk/strike-off-your-company-from-companies-register and
    https://www.gov.uk/strike-off-your-company-from-companies-register/close-down-your-company

You can close down your limited company by getting it ‘struck off’ the Companies Register, but only if it:
    hasn’t traded or sold off any stock in the last 3 months
    hasn’t changed names in the last 3 months
    isn’t threatened with liquidation
    has no agreements with creditors, eg a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA)

Given that the Customers claim to have not been provided with the services they ordered

isn’t threatened with liquidation

Seems to not be fulfiled.

Also

Who you must tell
    Fill in an application to strike off and send a copy within 7 days to anyone who could be affected. This includes:

members (usually the shareholders)
    creditors
    employees
    managers or trustees of any employee pension fund
    any directors who didn’t sign the application form
    If you don’t follow the rules on who you must tell, you can face a fine and possible prosecution.

The Customers with service not fulfilled could be classified as creditors, hence they should receive a notice and could protest against it.

Thanked by 2raindog308 MasonR
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited April 2018

File for strike off > Pay fee > Send notice > transfer any assets > wait three months

If one of the posts above is right about them still billing, then that might be it.

edited April 2018

@Hoost said:
    File for strike off > Pay fee > Send notice > transfer any assets > wait three months

If one of the posts above is right about them still billing, then that might be it.

Not that easy if the debts are left and someone actively tries to recover them. Registrar won't strike off and one will have to go through a costly liquidation process. Also - forget about transferring any assets in that case.

You can't just turn around and say meh, I ain't paying you, I'll take all the juice and strike off the empty shell. It doesn't work like that.