Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ovh.us (Promotional Price) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh.us (Promotional Price)

Comments

• OVH uses "wa.us" for Virginia. Oh boy.

VIN test ip: 147.135.0.24

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    OVH uses "wa.us" for Virginia. Oh boy.

VIN test ip: 147.135.0.24

@FredQC on this IP I get 14-15ms from BHS. I don't think OVH has figured out how to go faster than the speed of light, so you're definitely hitting a local PoP on that IP. Probably VAC system or something.

• how many IPs is included?

• jaypeesmithjaypeesmith Member
    edited February 2018

@idras said:
    how many IPs is included?

Typically, with OVH, it's 1 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6. I am assuming it's the same for this offer.

• Harambe said: @FredQC on this IP I get 14-15ms from BHS.

Welp, I used the IP posted above by @Gulf

Now I'm seeing more realistic results with 147.135.0.24 :P

• GulfGulf Member
    edited February 2018

@FredQc said:
    Welp, I used the IP posted above by @Gulf

Now I'm seeing more realistic results with 147.135.0.24 :P

https://ipinfo.io/147.135.0.104

https://ipinfo.io/147.135.0.24

147.135.0.104 is the same OVH :/ Anyway, sorry for this IP, got from another forum.

• hzr said: VIN test ip: 147.135.0.24

9. be100-1007.ash-5-a9.va.us               0.0%    13    8.3   8.3   7.7   8.9   0.0
    10. vl1333.was1-vin1-d2-a75.wa.us               0.0%    13    9.9  10.3   9.9  11.0   0.0
    11. ???
    12. ???
    13. 147.135.0.24               0.0%     6    9.4   9.4   9.2   9.5   0.0

9.4ms from New Jersey Metro.

8. be100-104.nwk-1-a9.nj.us               0.0%     4    3.5   3.4   3.3   3.5   0.0
     9. be100-1319.bhs-g1-nc5.qc.ca               0.0%     4   11.3  11.3  11.3  11.4   0.0
    10. ???
    11. ???
    12. ???
    13. ns844582.ip-192-90-5.net               0.0%     4   11.0  11.0  11.0  11.0   0.0

BHS is only 11ms from here. Can't say I see any reason to move at these prices, happy with BHS Kimsufi for Plex and OVH BHS for Prod.

Thanked by 2MikeA YorkiS
  • @EHRA said:
    Discovery Offer US - East
    2x2TB HDD (SoftRAID)

Intel Xeon E3-1270 v6 – 4c/8ct – 3.8GHz

32GB RAM

Unlimited traffic with 250Mbps bandwidth

Anti-DDoS protection included

$69/month

Discovery Offer US - East (NVMe)

2x450GB NVMe (SoftRAID)

Intel Xeon E3-1270 v6 – 4c/8ct – 3.8GHz

32GB RAM

Unlimited traffic with 250Mbps bandwidth

Anti-DDoS protection included

$80/month

Link: https://ovh.us/

Discount only applies to new servers purchased between Feb. 21 – Feb. 23. Existing servers are not eligible for the promotional price.

Are those supposed to be good prices for us market?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@vish For the DDoS protection sure. It's new hardware. My opinion.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Zen said:

Well, assuming full light speed and no routing overhead, etc, the minimum would be ~3ms. Fully ruled out.

Which would put the 0.3ms previously reported at 10x the speed of light, haha.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • damn cheap, great spec

• Funnily enough, they pulled the offer just 24 hours after they tweeted about it as a "2-day" event:

• Victim of its success

• I asked OVH support about it and they claimed that the 24 hour old tweet was merely an "old tweet" that I was referencing... ha

• They deleted the tweet.

Very fucking shady.

Thanked by 3Aidan Xei dedotatedwam
  • They deleted the tweet.

Very fucking shady.

They explained to me, in a ticket, that the tweet was erroneous - but it definitely would've been less shady to issue a follow-up than to simply delete it.

Nobody on their sales team is around to assist with the issue presently, but they've suggested they might honor the pricing on a single order - but have to wait until Monday to find out.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • CrandolphCrandolph Member
    edited February 2018

@wheel said:

They deleted the tweet.

Very fucking shady.

They explained to me, in a ticket, that the tweet was erroneous - but it definitely would've been less shady to issue a follow-up than to simply delete it.

Nobody on their sales team is around to assist with the issue presently, but they've suggested they might honor the pricing on a single order - but have to wait until Monday to find out.

Businesses need to learn transparency is key.

It doesn't matter if your support fucked up (to an extent, at least in this situation), admit they fucked up, pull the offer, move on.

Don't deny it.

Thanked by 2wheel dedotatedwam
  • Yeah that's pretty shady. Didn't OVH even reply and confirm it was recurring, only to mark it 'erroneous' and pretend it never existed?

It was up on the site, had a 48 hour deal showing, maybe they just didn't see the results they were hoping for....

Either way, I guess I won't be looking at OVH US for a while, 1.5ms isn't worth the prices. Plus I get 1000Mbps down with my ISP, and the server will only push 250Mbps. No reason to move when BHS is superior in pretty much every way right now from configurations to pricing.

My only guess is they want to keep the OVH US name more enterprise. As these prices are great compared to other companies. Then again, LeaseWeb USA went for enterprise pricing, and their Manassas, VA DC didn't make much of a blip on anyones radar.

Thanked by 2vish dedotatedwam
  • @Kris said:
    Yeah that's pretty shady. Didn't OVH even reply and confirm it was recurring, only to mark it 'erroneous' and pretend it never existed?

It was up on the site, had a 48 hour deal showing, maybe they just didn't see the results they were hoping for....

Either way, I guess I won't be looking at OVH US for a while, 1.5ms isn't worth the prices. Plus I get 1000Mbps down with my ISP, and the server will only push 250Mbps. No reason to move when BHS is superior in pretty much every way right now from configurations to pricing.

My only guess is they want to keep the OVH US name more enterprise. As these prices are great compared to other companies. Then again, LeaseWeb USA went for enterprise pricing, and their Manassas, VA DC didn't make much of a blip on anyones radar.

My thoughts exactly, I just don’t see ovh becoming anything major in us market compared to what they accomplished in ca and eu

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

Guess they were pretty transparent when removing the tweet . We have some companies still running offers as recurring and changes price 5x to 10x one week before renewal and it becomes toxic to say that :D

• Damn I missed it.....

• Pretty expensive pricing for essentially being the beta testers for their new datacenter. From the sounds of it they are actually constructing a while facility not just purchasing space from digital realty, zayo, etc. That's risky business for anyone taking on the first few months. Or perhaps I'm just not giving them with credit.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

Hello friends. Is it possible to play, test and cancel dedicated server in the US,

https://ovhcloud.com/legal/refund-policy

Has anyone tried?

I'm going to pay by PayPal...

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited February 2018

@trnj said:
    Hello friends. Is it possible to play, test and cancel dedicated server in the US

No.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @FredQc said:
    No.

But from ToS

30-Day Money-back Guarantee for Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers (Pre-paid Subscription Services)

• @Gods said:
    Damn I missed it.....

Looks like you can grab it for one month and then cancel it.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited February 2018

@trnj said:

@FredQc said:
    No.

But from ToS

30-Day Money-back Guarantee for Dedicated Servers and Virtual Private Servers (Pre-paid Subscription Services)

Don't be a dick, that's reserved for people who have actual issues with the service.

• @Aidan said:

Don't be a dick

Why do you call me a dick, for which reason? Do you know me or did you suck my dick?

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@Aidan said:
    Don't be a dick

Any answer? Or it is just forum flood like all your posts?

• @trnj said:

@Aidan said:
    Don't be a dick

Any answer? Or it is just forum flood like all your posts?

Oh just fuck off already.

You're suggesting someone pick up a service & refund it after a months use for no reason other than being cheap - you're the worst kind of trash consumer out there and part of the reason why so many policies can be deemed "anti-consumer".

Thanked by 1boernd