Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS allow torrent?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS allow torrent?

leuyvoleuyvo Member
edited May 2013 in Help

I'm a uploader then i need a vps allowing torrent, 50gb+ DiskSpace, 1 GB RAM.
Any offers?

Comments

• imperioimperio Member

LET vs wjunction

• @leuyvo said: I'm a uploader then i need a vps allowing torrent, 50gb+ DiskSpace, 1 GB RAM.

Oh cool, you're a customer who trashes a node's disk I/O for a few dollars per month?

• @doughmanes nice signature

call 800-troll-now

• @dedicados said: nice signature

Did you call? I may have been away from my desk

• prae5prae5 Member

I think buyvm allows torrents

• leuyvoleuyvo Member

@doughmanes then i posted this topic.
    @prae5
    No, buyvm don't allow

• I thought they did? And a lot of hosts do provided you don't abuse resources as part of it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

No, buyvm don't allow

We do just fine.

Francisco

• nutjobnutjob Member

@prae5 said: I think buyvm allows torrents

I ask this question to find out which providers I should avoid. I'm sure network port performance is great!

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2013

@Francisco said: We do just fine.

Francisco

I think you may want to look at his sig to see if you allow those kind of torrents. If you do, my mistake.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@leuyvo said: I'm a uploader then i need a vps allowing torrent, 50gb+ DiskSpace, 1 GB RAM.

Any offers?

If your signature is any indication of what you would be hosting/uploading, I'm going to say even VPS providers that normally do allow torrent seeds (ie: seedbox), won't allow your usage of it.

• azzavpsazzavps Member

Yep, We can do that for you

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][URL="http://www.azzavps.com"]Value VPS's from $3 per month! | AzzaVPS.com [/URL][/COLOR]

• yomeroyomero Member

Wtf with the bbcode -_-

• RoyalBlue

• @leuyvo get a kimsufi cheap ass server and you won't be abusing other's resources

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@texteditor said: RoyalBlue

Royally...

• azzavpsazzavps Member

sorry about the code...my mistake guys..

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2013

@azzavps you are extremely new here and offered hosting as your first or second post.

I don't trust you yet and neither should anyone IMO.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@ATHK said: I don't trust you yet and either should anyone IMO.

s/either/neither/

• ATHKATHK Member

@kbeezie thank you sir.

• Ovh-vks- server with 500gb hd 5tb under £11 check ovh.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@kandosan said: Ovh-vks- server with 500gb hd 5tb under £11 check ovh.

Where is that on their site anyways?

http://www.ovh.com/us/index.xml

• IvanIvan Member

If I'm not mistaken OVH made some changes towards their bandwidth or something, making using their Kimsufis as a seedbox useless. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@belinik said: let me help you...

http://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml

Dedicated Servers != VPS...

Just sayin'

• MeeMee Member

@Ivan said:

If I'm not mistaken OVH made some changes towards their bandwidth or something, making using their Kimsufis as a seedbox useless. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

I've still got a Kimsufi and it's been working fine. Appearntly it was mostly http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/bandwidth_specific_usage.xml but I haven't noticed anything yet.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited May 2013

@Ivan said: If I'm not mistaken OVH made some changes towards their bandwidth or something, making using their Kimsufis as a seedbox useless. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

the recent change was their uncapped gigabit series, I recall they drop the outbound to 200mbit yet retain the 1000mbit in.
    that's why many people all of a sudden leave ovh for other alternative.(the super heavy hitter, the reseller.. etc)

Mee got the link.. I recall it was the EG series

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@Ivan said: If I'm not mistaken OVH made some changes towards their bandwidth or something, making using their Kimsufis as a seedbox useless. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Only thing I can find in regards to bandwidth:

Traffic leaving the Supplier's network is automatically limited on a monthly basis to the

quota allowed for the Configuration of vKS chosen by the Customer. The limit for the time being applicable to each Configuration is published at http://www.kimsufi.ie}. Outside of the limit applicable to the vKS, the bandwidth for the Host Server is automatically reduced from 100Mbps to 1Mbps. However, this is not guaranteed, and the Supplier's obligation is limited to using reasonable endeavours. Traffic within the OVH network is not recorded.

Also I'm not sure what the law is in France, but their TOS does prohibit any usage that would cause them to be criminally liable (pirating movies would probably fall under that category).

• leuyvoleuyvo Member

Thanks all, i'll check ovh kimsufi.

• 90 percent of seedbox hosts are using kimsufi or ovh bigger servers for services. Cheap and they don't go snooping