Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pageclick reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pageclick reviews?

LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2018 in Reviews

Hello,

I have been looking for some affordable reseller to host around 30+ websites
Preferably located in USA or UK

BuyShared is already out of stock, however found PageClick Reseller Packages to be cheaper than BuyShared, but i can find mixed reviews (very few) of the company and reviews of before they moved to their own server.

So do anyone have recent experience with this company?

Comments

• Pageclick is stable and friendly support, cant go wrong with ishaq.

• LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider

@WHT said:
    Pageclick is stable and friendly support, cant go wrong with ishaq.

Some reviews on LET about Pageclick weren't good.

Thanked by 1JackH
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I've never had an issue with any of Ishaq's products. Sure, a few blips here and there in the past (long time since I've had one) but have to expect that at the price point and most blips did not affect uptime and were quickly resolved by support.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • @Lampard said:

@WHT said:
    Pageclick is stable and friendly support, cant go wrong with ishaq.

Some reviews on LET about Pageclick weren't good.

>

Most are from a year before. Last time I checked, it was stable.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited February 2018

Tried them not long time ago, and moved all my sites away from PageClick.
    The reason is very primitive: parent node where their clients hosted - oversold.
    Why do I think so? Because CPU constantly at 100% usage and more, the whole panel is very slow and can die very easy via clicking different menus. I don't remember stats related to loading, but it was something around 30-40 (cpu load, not percentage. That means - the everything is very laggy). No one cares, sites served very slowly, and can easily crash/die. Used for around 1 year, several times my friend or me (don't remember) create a support ticket, and support as far as I remember did not answer quickly. Overall experience was not gomaster hostt the worst. The worst thing that you can buy it's something from misterhost for example, or hosts like that (I mean misterhost one). Because they restrict EVERYTHING, and the worst thing what they did not did yet it's writing at their site: "hey, make a payment, and we will host static html5 page on your super-duper unlimited space".

No, sorry, personally I can't recommend PageClick reseller packages. Maybe it is because I grab one from a sale, and I paid for what I got. But in my personal experience, I got several times really awesome deals which running just fine without issues from different providers, not from a PageClick. But to be clear PageClick is not the worst, but not the best in the market.

Other good guys which I have used are:

• https://spaceweb.eu/ - bad control panel, but the performance is great, no issues so far
    • https://blazingfast.io/web - it was in 2016, bad network, but for hosting a website is great, the most fine-tuned and configured cPanel what I have ever seen. Dunno what is now with them. (but seems it is out of your budget)

Oh... forgot many other hosting companies which I have used (from LET), I will check email archive later, and maybe will back and edit the post, maybe not. But there are many around the LET good and bad providers in the different price range.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • Now we use the directadmin standard control panel: (the newest, evolution)
    https://directadmin.com/

That cant be bad :P

• vovlervovler Member
    edited February 2018

While BuyShared runs on LiteSpeed, Pageclick seems to run on Apache behind Varnish. If you are not sure about the service, buy the cheapest plan, test it for a few days and request your money back (you got 7 days).

If you are satisfied, get the reseller plan you were looking for. If you dont, move on.

Thanked by 1Lampard

@vovler said:
    While BuyShared runs on LiteSpeed, Pageclick seems to run on Apache behind Varnish. If you are not sure about the service, buy the cheapest plan, test it for a few days and request your money back (you got 7 days).

If you are satisfied, get the reseller plan you were looking for. If you dont, move on.

What mostly happened with me is that the service used to work fine for 1st month, after i buy year packages, the service seems to get worst after few months.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Lampard said: BuyShared is already out of stock

If you're still interested in hosting with us just log a ticket with billing and link this thread. Karen will add a bit of stock and you can go ahead.

Thanks!

Francisco

@Francisco said:

Lampard said: BuyShared is already out of stock

If you're still interested in hosting with us just log a ticket with billing and link this thread. Karen will add a bit of stock and you can go ahead.

Thanks!

Francisco

Sure why not, i already have EU Reseller from you and its perfect :D
    Will create a ticket soon!

Thank you

• Had a plan with them for a year or so. Moved away a few months ago: too oversold in my opinion. CPU usage was too high, making anything PHP slow as fuck.

Maybe they fixed that, maybe not. I tried other hosts and don't regret it.

If you decide to try them out please let us know how it went.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • I tried Pageclick for a year, but the performance was disappointing. I cancelled the account in time and got a confirmation message with the correct end date of the contract. Also the control panel showed a message that the account was about to be cancelled.

When the final day of the contract arrived... they charged me for another year!!

When I politely told them about their mistake, they claimed that I actively made the payment and refused to refund me. On top they deleted my account - but still refused to refund me.

After multiple attempts to solve the issue amicably, i filed a complaint with Paypal. Paypal investigated the issue and gave me a full refund.

Thanked by 1Lampard
  • @mrTom said:
    I tried Pageclick for a year, but the performance was disappointing. I cancelled the account in time and got a confirmation message with the correct end date of the contract. Also the control panel showed a message that the account was about to be cancelled.

When the final day of the contract arrived... they charged me for another year!!

When I politely told them about their mistake, they claimed that I actively made the payment and refused to refund me. On top they deleted my account - but still refused to refund me.

After multiple attempts to solve the issue amicably, i filed a complaint with Paypal. Paypal investigated the issue and gave me a full refund.

Well to be honest here it is your task to cancel any recurring subscription you have setup with your payment method.

• @zafouhar said:

@mrTom said:
    I tried Pageclick for a year, but the performance was disappointing. I cancelled the account in time and got a confirmation message with the correct end date of the contract. Also the control panel showed a message that the account was about to be cancelled.

Well to be honest here it is your task to cancel any recurring subscription you have setup with your payment method.

Exactly. If you dont go to paypal and cancel it. You will get charged

• This is an issue with PayPal that is popping up so very often that made me disable PayPal subscription and I've never looked back. People get enough email notice to pay their bills or can fill up the account balance in advance. But disputes/issues like this are just a pita for both parties tbh.

• LeeLee Veteran

vovler said: Exactly. If you dont go to paypal and cancel it. You will get charged

Agreed, most of us here know that however you forget, a year later it's even easier to forget that you need to cancel the subscription.

mrTom said: When I politely told them about their mistake, they claimed that I actively made the payment and refused to refund me. On top they deleted my account - but still refused to refund me.

^^ this. Just bad form on the side of the provider. The client cancelled, the provider knew it. Mistakes happen.

• @mrTom said: When I politely told them about their mistake, they claimed that I actively made the payment and refused to refund me. On top they deleted my account - but still refused to refund me.

Do you have a ticket ID? I want to see how this was handled.

• Do you have a ticket ID? I want to see how this was handled.

DWM-669-365

• Agreed, most of us here know that however you forget, a year later it's even easier to forget that you need to cancel the subscription.

I wasnt aware of a subscription, all i found was a list of "preapproved payments" which i understood as "the provider has the authorization to charge your account". are these all "subscriptions"?

in my account there are a lot of providers listed under preauthorized payments (eg domain registries, cloud providers, webhosts etc), and none of them has ever charged me for something that i cancelled or didnt renew. (and i never sent a payment to them by mistake). so there must be a way to do it properly.

• @mrTom said: DWM-669-365

You were told that any refunds will be minus transaction fees that are deducted by PayPal to receive your automatic payment, but it seems you disputed anyway.

I think you misunderstand how PayPal subscriptions work, we certainly don't charge customer accounts. A subscription is when a PayPal customer instructs PayPal to send the merchant money automatically on a frequent basis (in this case yearly) until cancelled.

Your other providers probably utilize billing agreements, which is another form of pre-approved payments where they can request the money if it's due. This is probably what you are referring to.

• @Ishaq said:

@mrTom said: DWM-669-365

You were told that any refunds will be minus transaction fees that are deducted by PayPal to receive your automatic payment, but it seems you disputed anyway.

Yes i was told that - but then nothing happened!

I think you misunderstand how PayPal subscriptions work, we certainly don't charge customer accounts. A subscription is when a PayPal customer instructs PayPal to send the merchant money automatically on a frequent basis (in this case yearly) until cancelled.

I probably did because for 10+ years i never had this problem with services that i cancelled. Your "Cancellation Request Confirmation" also contains no clue that there is a second thing to do when you cancel the service. It says "The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period".

Your other providers probably utilize billing agreements, which is another form of pre-approved payments where they can request the money if it's due. This is probably what you are referring to.

This is what i expected to happen, I wasnt aware that there is "another form", and it would make sense to tell your customers about it when all the big players do it differently, dont you think?

• @mrTom said: This is what i expected to happen, I wasnt aware that there is "another form", and it would make sense to tell your customers about it when all the big players do it differently, dont you think?

There is definitely room for improvement and we'll take your feedback into consideration. Although at the end of the day we don't control the payment agreements clients setup with PayPal. It is assumed they will manage it themselves.

The cancellation email is supposed to have a reminder text saying something along the lines of "If you have a subscription, ensure it is cancelled" and if that isn't there then it's something we need to fix.

I also think PayPal could do better by sending emails to their customers with subscriptions letting them know a few days in advance that money will be sent to a merchant.

• @Ishaq said:

There is definitely room for improvement and we'll take your feedback into consideration. Although at the end of the day we don't control the payment agreements clients setup with PayPal. It is assumed they will manage it themselves.

i still cant imagine that i have knowingly "setup" anything, otherwise i would have been aware of it. but thats difficult to remember a year later.

The cancellation email is supposed to have a reminder text saying something along the lines of "If you have a subscription, ensure it is cancelled" and if that isn't there then it's something we need to fix.

there is no such text in your email. i can forward it to you if you want to check.

• @mrTom said: there is no such text in your email. i can forward it to you if you want to check.

I've just checked and it wasn't there so I've added it myself. Clients can still claim that they haven't read the email so it isn't a perfect solution but at least we can say we've reminded them.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Paypal should really send out reminders yet as usual, their incompetency continues. It is also still a bit hard to find these subscriptions in their interface.

Props to you for adding it to the emails!

@Ishaq said:

@mrTom said: there is no such text in your email. i can forward it to you if you want to check.

I've just checked and it wasn't there so I've added it myself. Clients can still claim that they haven't read the email so it isn't a perfect solution but at least we can say we've reminded them.

• mrTom said: I probably did because for 10+ years i never had this problem with services that i cancelled.

As a trillion times has this being written in a lot of LET threads from customers that opened a dispute like you or whining about a new charge after cancellation, it is your responsibility to know what payment agreements have you created on your paypal account. No one but you have access to paypal to see whether you have or not created automatic payments.
    Also, when you pay for the first time a provider, it is clearly written in paypal that you open a paypal agreement and most providers (including Ishaq) do have 2 different choices of payment with paypal (paypal express and paypal agreement).

That being said, how long did you wait after pageclick answered you that they will refund you minus transaction cost, until you open a dispute? If it is several days, then you have a point. If it is some hours, then, you are in bad, again...

• @jvnadr said:

As a trillion times has this being written ....

if something happens a trillion times, there is a problem with the process.

looking back, it was of course my fault, but as you say yourself, it seems to be a pretty common misunderstanding, that could be avoided.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @Ishaq said:

@mrTom said: DWM-669-365

Woudn't migrating to a paypal billing agreement whmcs plugin fix this issue to future customers? I mean, reducing chargebacks is always nice...

• mrTom said: looking back, it was of course my fault, but as you say yourself, it seems to be a pretty common misunderstanding, that could be avoided.

It's the way paypal works. Even the list for recurring payments is somehow "hidden" (there is not a single click way to find it in paypal's dashboard).
    I always cancel the recurring payments on my paypal account, just after I initially get my service. I like to have an absolute control over my charges and there are a very few ones I still have automated payment.

• @vovler said:
    Woudn't migrating to a paypal billing agreement whmcs plugin fix this issue to future customers? I mean, reducing chargebacks is always nice...

PayPal have certain terms you need to meet for what's required for billing agreements (Reference Transactions) and if you do not meet these requirements then you're denied it.

The requirements that they have vary from business to business.