Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are VPS6.net employees from India?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are VPS6.net employees from India?

bizzardbizzard Member
edited May 2013 in General

I am customer of vps6.net and had around 10 VPS's with them. Wasn't satisfied with their uptime and had cancelled all except one Xen, of 1GB RAM. Recently, it has become highly unstable and I have used their ticketing system for support. Earlier the names of support team members were like Chris Parr, Christopher C, etc and Chris Parr was very friendly. Now, the names are Malarkodi S, Dinesh Kumar, Manjunath K, etc which sound more like Indian (I am from India and so these names are very common to me).

The support and service was never upto the mark and its there, where I have the largest number of support tickets created. Does anyone have any vps with them and whats your experience? Anyone have any idea whether the company is now being operated by Indians?

Comments

• bizzardbizzard Member

My issue is that the HTTP, SSH and port 10000 were webmin runs are all down and I can't even access the serial console with details provided in solus vm panel. But, I receive response for ping requests. And now, they asks me for the server password to look into the issue. No other providers till now has put forward such a requirement. Is that a professional way to deal with such issues?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Of course you should give them the password so they can help you!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sounds like they're looking into it for you.

@bizzard said: Is that a professional way to deal with such issues?

Yes. Sometimes a password is necessary. I know nothing of Xen, so I don't know how necessary. I know it never is under OpenVZ because that's just how that toolset works.

• DamianDamian Member

The support is indeed Indian. The company is in the process of being sold or has been sold or otherwise in limbo of such.

@Damian said: The company is in the process of being sold or has been sold or otherwise in limbo of such.

Wait... I thought that was what we were all assured wouldn't happen with the integration into servergurus.

• VPS6.NET, LP
    ID#: L220436 (MT)
    Opened: December 25, 2011

109 E. 17th St., Suite 4107
    Cheyenne, WY 82001, USA

maybe the support are external freelancer support, or something.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited May 2013

Basically the American government was supposed to launch a counter missile to north korea while they pulled back the american soldiers in iran months ago. The french on the other hand is still supporting the mali government due to common interests, as such i believe vps6 started to outsource their helpdesk to an indian agency.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

@Damian said: The company is in the process of being sold or has been sold or otherwise in limbo of such.

As usually. Dann "it's not me" Fry production.

• DamianDamian Member

@jarland said: Wait... I thought that was what we were all assured wouldn't happen with the integration into servergurus.

You should know by now that Dan Fry = build and sell :P

@Damian said: Dan Fry = build and sell

Yeah I know, I thought that sale was already done :P

Foiled again haha

• bizzardbizzard Member

I have went through all the previous threads about VPS6.net here at the earlier days, when I bought the VPS and I have personally experienced their services. Two reasons why I am still keeping this VPS with them is that Xen was better than all their OpenVZ, which I had and I have few refund credits with them which they told they can't refund via paypal.

• bizzardbizzard Member

@Damian What makes you think so?

• DamianDamian Member

@bizzard said: @Damian What makes you think so?

Because they're looking for a buyer? I don't think I understand the question....

• rds100rds100 Member

vps6.net always seemed a little fishy to me, with the tons of obviously fake / paid reviews they had.

how much are they looking to sell for?

@shovenose said: how much are they looking to sell for?

I don't know where this sale is listed, but I can assure you that no bank would give you the amount.

lol. I want to know where the sale is listed.

Me too.

@Damian said: looking for a buyer

Hook me up with a link :)

• bizzardbizzard Member

@Damian said: Because they're looking for a buyer?

Is there any link where I can find more details on that?

Also, do you guys feel I should give my root password to them? I have used the same in some other vps's an have forgotten about them, since I frequently use ssh keys to login. So, I don't have much faith in handing that over. I have also tried a password reset from their solusvm panel. Even though it says it was successful, I am not sure about it.

@bizzard said: it says it was successful

Give them that one then.

• MunMun Member

I personally have never handed over a password.

• bizzardbizzard Member

I don't know whether they are working on it or anything, but the server is now online and I could login through ssh. But I can't start any service including Apache or mysql. On inspecting, I found that the mysql configuration has been overwritten by some other stuffs. Even though I can login to webmin, I can't find any of the usual options inside, which adds to my feeling that other files are also modified.

• I have used them about 1 year ago.The issues are exactly the same as you described.My vps used to go down randomly totally unstable.I bought about 4 vps,all faced the same.so they have not changed still...

• @bizzard Just bail.

• bizzardbizzard Member

Many files in the server are giving me Input/Output error. Trying to make a backup of everything, before anything more serious happens.

• MunMun Member

@bizzard side topic, from an American point of view the most tense place on earth is India / Pakistan. Thoughts? (can PM me if you like so I don't fully derail the thread)

• @Mun said: @bizzard side topic, from an American point of view the most tense place on earth is India / Pakistan. Thoughts? (can PM me if you like so I don't fully derail the thread)

trolling?

• MunMun Member

@ftpit said: trolling?

Ughh no, rather a serious concern.

• support123support123 Member
    edited May 2013

@Mun said: Ughh no, rather a serious concern.

It depends on the place you live.India is country with big population so you cannot generalize.If you live in border facing Pakistan and china ,answer is "yes"

• MunMun Member

@ftpit said: It depends on the place you live.India is country with big population so you cannot not generalize.If you live in border facing Pakistan and china ,answer is "yes"

From what I can see it is bad, but that is through media and the US gov't. Any actual feedback from someone in the country would be more beneficial then what I have.

So no, anyone in India/Pakistan would have a better perspective then I do.