Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know anything about HostSolutions.ro's outage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone know anything about HostSolutions.ro's outage?

WorkingDudeWorkingDude Member
edited February 2018 in Outages

Currently obeying "STFU & Wait" policy, but there's intermittent timeouts, mysqld errors, no way to log in to client area.

Is this planned?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

this about their billing panel being down or the network as a whole?

• Main site, and billing panel. I was not assigned my IP yet... still STFU & Waiting on that.

• Do you have a sister?

Thanked by 4kkrajk WSS pike FHR
  • dont complaint, just wait :-P

• Yes, wait or just take your money and gtfo from here and save your nerves.

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • we are working in the issue so please allow some minutes, is affected only data base server , all others service is up and running.

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • @cociu I think I'm being patient enough though, 2 days and 10 hours of uptime on that machine, no IP assigned yet. I think my question is warranted when your site begins to look like you closed shop :P

@somewhatwindy if I do, is she in trouble?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

@WorkingDude said:
    @somewhatwindy if I do, is she in trouble?

Yes be careful if you have a sister

• WorkingDude said: @cociu I think I'm being patient enough though, 2 days and 10 hours of uptime on that machine, no IP assigned yet. I think my question is warranted when your site begins to look like you closed shop :P

Just raise a ticket once you get an IP assigned and I'm sure @cociu will adjust your renewal date

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • Somehow I keep reading the title of this thread as "Anyone know anything about HostSolutions.ro's outRage?".

Thanked by 2kkrajk WSS
  • WorkingDudeWorkingDude Member
    edited February 2018

@kkrajk yeah that's what I was going to do :) thanks.

@angstrom lol, it might as well be with all of us noobs not "STFU and waiting" & instead freaking out about
    secure.hostsolutions.ro is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • WorkingDude said: @cociu I think I'm being patient enough though, 2 days and 10 hours of uptime on that machine, no IP assigned yet. I think my question is warranted when your site begins to look like you closed shop :P

please pm with your email , something is not ok with your account.

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • Yay, I'm getting customer service! :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end must surely be nigh.

Thanked by 1WorkingDude
  • @cociu i don't need an ip assignment but just a mere vm reinstall

• @aboanas93 said:
    @cociu i don't need an ip assignment but just a mere vm reinstall

Were you a bad boy, trying to update the OS?

Thanked by 2Lee pike
  • @angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said:

i didn't update the server for the last 3 months at least, and now when i try to, it shows an error (didn't happen before) .. and i was intending to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 after the reinstall.

• @aboanas93 said:

@angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said:

i didn't update the server for the last 3 months at least, and now when i try to, it shows an error (didn't happen before) .. and i was intending to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 after the reinstall.

You like to live dangerously.

• aboanas93 said: and i was intending to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 after the reinstall.

what is your problem ? really ? i have told 9999 time do not try to upgrade , also i hope all of you know this is not our help desk.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said:

@angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said:

Isn't that the reason why i'm with cociu in the first place.

• @aboanas93 said:

@angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said:

@angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said:

Isn't that the reason why i'm with cociu in the first place.

Touché.

• LeeLee Veteran

aboanas93 said: upgrade 16.04 after the reinstall.

I am not a customer (never will be) but even I know not to try and upgrade to 16.04,

• @Lee said:

aboanas93 said: upgrade 16.04 after the reinstall.

I am not a customer (never will be) but even I know not to try and upgrade to 16.04,

as long as the reinstall option works, no harm to try.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

aboanas93 said: no harm to try.

But...

cociu said: what is your problem ? really ? i have told 9999 time do not try to upgrade ,

He really has, that is how I know.

• @cociu said:

aboanas93 said: and i was intending to upgrade from 14.04 to 16.04 after the reinstall.

what is your problem ? really ? i have told 9999 time do not try to upgrade , also i hope all of you know this is not our help desk.

I'm still didn't, yet the reinstall option doesn't work, and yes there is an open ticket for this matter already for two days.

• @aboanas93 said: as long as the reinstall option works, no harm to try.

The short story, as far as I understand it: @cociu et al. did an in-house modification of OpenVZ in order to prevent users from being able to use QEMU on these cheap VPSes, which in turn prevents users from being able to use Windows on them. The OSes offered work fine on this in-house modification (I assume), but trying to update one of the OSes to the next major version breaks things, so much so that even the reinstall option no longer works. In this case, the only way to reinstall is to open a ticket, but since @cociu has warned people not to try to update, any such ticket will have super low priority, so low that it may even seem to be ignored. In short, it's all your fault.

• @aboanas93 said:
    yet the reinstall option doesn't work

Which even i know and like @Lee i am not even a costumer of @cociu.

Thanked by 2Lee lazyt
  • @angstrom said:

@aboanas93 said: as long as the reinstall option works, no harm to try.

In short, it's all your fault.

and I already said

aboanas93 said: I'm still didn't upgrade

so it's supposed that there is nothing broken, yet.

• let is not their help desk!!!

but the only place we know whats cause outage is here btw

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2018

Hostsolutions.ro main page, client area, and my vps all work for me at the moment. If there was an outage earlier, I think it is fixed now.

Thanked by 1WorkingDude