Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good VPS for Plex? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good VPS for Plex?

2»

Comments

• @MasonR Ah, I messed up there. I was trying to serve 720p content (w/o transcoding). Trying to transcode on it = Plex crashed :P

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • huntercophuntercop Member
    edited February 2018

@lion said:

@huntercop said:
    4K content with occasional transcoding.. and you recommend 385 MB?

No i didn't

Actually, you did. I will bold the text for you below..

@lion said:

@huntercop said:
    I would say aim for 4gb ram at a minimum

I don't think so. I run a medium sized instance and it takes 385MiB Memory at this very moment.

• @huntercop said:

@lion said:

@huntercop said:
    4K content with occasional transcoding.. and you recommend 385 MB?

No i didn't

Actually, you did. I will bold the text for you below..

@lion said:

@huntercop said:
    I would say aim for 4gb ram at a minimum

I don't think so. I run a medium sized instance and it takes 385MiB Memory at this very moment.

The bold text doesn't state i recommend 385MB RAM.

• @Ympker said:
    Didn't Hetzner open a Finland location? Might look into that one :)

Btw. is storing such media on GDrive really that good a choice or do you additionally use something like boxcryptor?

If you don't share it with other people you'll be fine. Google does hash checks if you share something.

• @graphic said:

@Ympker said:

Btw. is storing such media on GDrive really that good a choice or do you additionally use something like boxcryptor?

If you don't share it with other people you'll be fine. Google does hash checks if you share something.

That's what you say though (no offense). Are you with google? Would you sign this?
    Not worth the risk for me :)

• graphicgraphic Member
    edited February 2018

@Ympker said:

@graphic said:

@Ympker said:

That's what you say though (no offense). Are you with google? Would you sign this?

I'm with google gsuite for one year. All data is lying on it without encrytion.
    Using google-drive-ocamlfuse to mount it on a Linux system.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @graphic said:

@Ympker said:

@graphic said:

@Ympker said:

How many TB's are we talking? I'm curious to test out the unlimited claim they state about storage, but I'm not a big fan of having to pay for 4 users I won't need.

On a side note, are you USA based guys hosting your plex/emby servers in the US or overseas? My desktop finally went to shit after 7 years, so I decided to go office space on it and now I'm researching cloud options for Plex/Emby servers. Some of the prices I've seen on this website have shocked me. I wish I found this place years ago.

• @Escondido said:

@graphic said:

@Ympker said:

@graphic said:

@Ympker said:

How many TB's are we talking? I'm curious to test out the unlimited claim they state about storage, but I'm not a big fan of having to pay for 4 users I won't need.

On a side note, are you USA based guys hosting your plex/emby servers in the US or overseas? My desktop finally went to shit after 7 years, so I decided to go office space on it and now I'm researching cloud options for Plex/Emby servers. Some of the prices I've seen on this website have shocked me. I wish I found this place years ago.

You need just one user for unlimited, that's about 8$/month.
    At the moment we're talking from about 30tb of data.