Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This should be a standard shared hosting feature
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This should be a standard shared hosting feature

Some shared hosting incorporate auto ban IP. More often than not, I get blocked. With no way to login to cpanel or visit my own website without connecting using vpn.

Provider should consider to add this into their shared hosting. Because having to wait support to manually unblock your IP is a pain in the butt.

Comments

• Yes. But what do you do to get yourself blocked?

• @vovler said:
    Yes. But what do you do to get yourself blocked?

I forget my password every minute. Memory is not how it was

• @vovler said:

Because I break my own website. I mean that's basically what developer does. They break things.

• @yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

Because I break my own website. I mean that's basically what developer does. They break things.

No, developers dont break things online. They make them work locally and then upload them. You shoudnt call yourself a developer

• On the bright side, it's quite easy to implement, because the above implementation is simply a module from serverping.net and it's completely free.

On another note - as a provider that actually uses the plugin, most customers still prefer creating a ticket asking for a block to get removed - despite they can do it themselves.

Why?
    Because customers are fu**** lazy.

• @vovler said:

@yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

No, developers dont break things online. They make them work locally and then upload them. You shoudnt call yourself a developer

also, developers dont use shared hosting.

players gonna play, play, play, play, play.

>

haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

>

Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break.

>

And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake.

See? Heartbreakers. not developers. :D

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2018

@vovler said:

@yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

@bap said:

@vovler said:

@yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

>

>

>

Shared hosting is cheap, and expendable. Perfect for trying stuff. I get to choose, where and how I works. I don't give a shit about what people said. As long as I get the job done.

• @yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

@yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

@bap said:

@vovler said:

@yokowasis said:

@vovler said:

>

>

>

Shared hosting is cheap, and expendable. Perfect for trying stuff. I get to choose, where and how I works. I don't give a shit about what people said. As long as I get the job done.

Doing it locally is free.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Setting it up locally is probably too much for the OP.

In other words, he's no developer.

• Undermining his reason for OP doesn't serve much.

I have a wrapper script that automates certain cpanel/FTP things that customers of mine use. If they're too aggressive with commands then some setups start dropping packets from my IP(s).

Bottom line is most "IP ban" software is a bit shit and an unban probably saves support a ticket or two.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2018

@vovler said:

Doing it locally is free.

Synchronizing mysql database through multiple device is too much hassle (I have pc at office, PC at home, Laptop and Windows Tablet). I prefer paid $5 a year shared hosting, might as well call it free.

There are certain things that doing it online is much better approach than doing it offline on localhost.

If you prefer doing all things offline, then sure go ahead. I'll just stick doing my way, doing some things offline, and doing another things online.

For me all depends on circumstances. I have dedicated and vps, but some thing just need cheap cpanel instead of go full blown and using my dedicated server.

@ricardo said:
    Undermining his reason for OP doesn't serve much.

I have a wrapper script that automates certain cpanel/FTP things that customers of mine use. If they're too aggressive with commands then some setups start dropping packets from my IP(s).

Bottom line is most "IP ban" software is a bit shit and an unban probably saves support a ticket or two.

Nah, it's okay. Bashing is what LET is best at. I even missing a person here. It's not like him to not bashing support at whatever I post.

• Back to the topic, I don't really mind opening a ticket. But waiting for the customer service response is what annoys me