Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Object Storage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Object Storage

2»

Comments

• Does ovh object storage has a limit of 60 object requests/minute ?

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

@Marionette said:

@lukehebb said:

@Marionette said:

@willie said:

Marionette said: You'd need to match DO Spaces and OVH Object storage performance. Or don't bother.

If it's static data, that's the cdn's job.

Please find me a CDN that caches rarely viewed content for 90+ days and charges $.02 or less per GB.

Or, y'know, you can accept not everyone is going to pay for a CDN on top of the object store.

BunnyCDN.

Max cache is 1 year, you can set it in the control panel.

1c/GB for premium, or 0.5c/GB for volume tier (fewer POPs).

Not object storage, but I've got that set up in front of OVH storage and it works beautifully

Humor me and try to actually do that then don't view the file for 90 days. I've not seen something go unviewed and stay on BunnyCDN longer than 30 days to be 100% honest.

But yes, I use BunnyCDN and Cloudflare to do the same thing. :p

Cache-Control means how long the maximum time a file can stay cached before needing a revalidation from the origin server for changes. The actual time a file stays cached depends on how often it gets accessed. If a file is not accessed within X days (14 in our case) or if the system needs to make space for more popular files it will get deleted from cache. I make sure we have as much space as possible on all nodes, which results in currently around a 98.5% global hit rate.

Thanked by 1lukehebb
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Rolter said:
    Does ovh object storage has a limit of 60 object requests/minute ?

No. They have a limit for obtaining auth tokens though, which, if you are using a correctly written application (for uploading files), won't affect you.