Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare and Cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare and Cpanel

Is that true cpanel will problem if we integrate with cloudflare.
I have a problem with my mail server. After I change my dns to cloudflare. All my mail will problem. Any solution ?

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

You need to correctly configure MX records. Create a subdomain which does not get proxied, i.e. mail.example.com

Then setup
    example.com MX 10 mail.example.com

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2018

Don't cloud flare your mx record.

I mean the subdomain you use to attach mx record.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Cpanel and cloudflare have some issues with webmail URLs, assuming you're accessing cpanel through cloudflare.

We end up seeing things like webmail.lv-shared01.cpanelplatform.com be used by it instead of the correct one.

I got a ticket with cpanel about it but they weren't interested in fixing it a while back due to how they handle things.

Francisco

• You can always set cloudflare to bypass the subdomains you want directly accessed. Which in your case is mail.yourdomain.com and/or smtp.yourdomain.com

• @FHR said:
    You need to correctly configure MX records. Create a subdomain which does not get proxied, i.e. mail.example.com

Then setup

In cpanel right?

• @yokowasis said:

Already untick.

• @Ych said:
    You can always set cloudflare to bypass the subdomains you want directly accessed. Which in your case is mail.yourdomain.com and/or smtp.yourdomain.com

Ok I try again

@mrlongshen said:

@FHR said:

Then setup

In cpanel right?

No, in CloudFlare

Thanked by 2vovler mrlongshen
  • @Francisco said:
    Cpanel and cloudflare have some issues with webmail URLs, assuming you're accessing cpanel through cloudflare.

We end up seeing things like webmail.lv-shared01.cpanelplatform.com be used by it instead of the correct one.

I got a ticket with cpanel about it but they weren't interested in fixing it a while back due to how they handle things.

Francisco

Ok. I try finding other method. Need badly to use cloudflare to speedup website.

• @FHR said:

@mrlongshen said:

@FHR said:

Then setup

In cpanel right?

No, in CloudFlare

Ok let me try.

• Keep in mind that setting your MX records to NOT be proxied is basically exposing the backend ip of your server, thus nullifying the CF ddos protection.

Thanked by 1Aidan
    edited February 2018

CloudFlare configuration of one of my clients' sites. https://i.imgur.com/Vg62G4l.jpg
    @mrlongshen this is how it should look like

• @FHR said:
    CloudFlare configuration of one of my clients' sites. https://i.imgur.com/Vg62G4l.jpg

What does this have to do with cPanel’s webmail?

@doghouch said:

@FHR said:

With webmail? Absolutely nothing. Why should it?

• @FHR said:

@doghouch said:

@FHR said:

... because the OP is asking a question about using cPanel’s webmail and CloudFlare together?

edited February 2018

@doghouch said:

@FHR said:

@doghouch said:

@FHR said:

... because the OP is asking a question about using cPanel’s webmail and CloudFlare together?

Don't think so, I understood it as email not getting delivered to their server because they were proxying everything, including MX target.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @FHR Ah, thanks. Didn’t read the post completely.

• I have integrated Cloudflare in to cPanel for my clients and it has worked perfectly providing DNS Zones are setup correctly.

• @RWB_Hosting said:
    I have integrated Cloudflare in to cPanel for my clients and it has worked perfectly providing DNS Zones are setup correctly.

Can provide some screenshot?

• @yokowasis said:

Thanks. Using this method.