Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad experience with Alpharack - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad experience with Alpharack

2»

Comments

• pitungpitung Member
    edited January 2018

• So.. let me get this straight.

Since you supposedly have superuser access and can run apt-get update, I'm assuming you're talking about a VPS, an unmanaged one at that, in which case what the hell has this got to do with AlphaRacks? Database errors and memory usage are your own responsibility, if your plan is insufficient you need to upgrade.

Is this OpenVZ or KVM? If it's KVM you can look at creating a swapfile to temporarily relieve the pressure on RAM but this can be very disk intensive and might get you suspended.

• its very slowly

"Very slowly" is a great metric, thanks for the valuable feedback.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • LeeLee Veteran

pitung said: its very slowly

Running speed tests on an already overloaded VM is not the answer, neither will it give you one.

• pitung said: I have more than 4 years managing various servers

Well I guess you've met your match. :)

pitung said: they have really ruined my business

I've had several VPS with Alpharacks for a few years now. They work just fine but they are what they are. If your business is going to be dependent on another company then you might want to consider that companie's reputation beforehand.

• i can't share image here but u can see here https://imgur.com/a/0gCBt

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@pitung said:
    i can't share image here but u can see here https://imgur.com/a/0gCBt

One has to assume that you're trolling.

• @pitung said:

What exactly is your problem? network error, database error? you are mixing many things altogether.

• @crpatel said:

@pitung said:

What exactly is your problem? network error, database error? you are mixing many things altogether.

I had recommended it as one of many other tests. For some reason this is the only thing they've chosen to do. I was trying to determine if they had any bandwidth at least. top would be more helpful though.

• @sureiam said:

@crpatel said:

@pitung said:

I had recommended it as one of many other tests. For some reason this is the only thing they've chosen to do. I was trying to determine if they had any bandwidth at least. top would be more helpful though.

It's genius. Complain about everything and show proof otherwise but leave it as a link so most people won't click on it.

• pitungpitung Member
    edited January 2018

I just prove that alpharack is a lot of trouble, I have proven it, if you do not believe it is not my business.
    I just want this incident to not happen again, and it shows bad quality alpharack

• pitungpitung Member
    edited January 2018

@crpatel said:

@pitung said:

many problems in alpharack.
    network error,
    database error,
    and very slowly,
    the first time I added the addons port to 1GB, and what happened?
    still slowly until now

• pitung said: many problems in alpharack.

Why not admit you made a mistake?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited January 2018

@Ole_Juul said:

pitung said: many problems in alpharack.

Why not admit you made a mistake?

There has to be a time when "not intelligent enough" isn't said in a way that means to upset or unfairly dismiss someone, right? Like if you asked that question to a block of wood, and I responded with that, it would just be a statement of pure fact with no negative intent.

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    There has to be a time when "not intelligent enough" isn't said in a way that means to upset or unfairly dismiss someone, right?

"Alternative Thinking"

Thanked by 2Aidan FHR
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2018

Thanked by 1jar
  • People use Alpharacks mostly because they're penny wise and pound foolish. Complaining about what you get is just an admission of bad judgment.

Thanked by 3Aidan WSS FHR
  • from op statement ( @pitung )

• 100% memory usage, it's totally user fault
    • no answer in 4 hours ? even got response for 24hours is still good service
    • database error, network error but you can access the vps and wget download success ? 100% user fault

yes alpharacks is not the best provider. but in this problem, i agree with @jarland ... that you ( @pitung ) should check your system first

Thanked by 2Aidan FHR
  • Do not argue with them, will not solve your problems, they are all from the provider, they will still blame you. although you are right, they will still blame you, as this concerns their business as well.
    stay away from alpharack, move all your web from there. I am also a victim of a provider like alpharack.

@skeleton said:
    Do not argue with them, will not solve your problems, they are all from the provider, they will still blame you. although you are right, they will still blame you, as this concerns their business as well.
    stay away from alpharack, move all your web from there. I am also a victim of a provider like alpharack.

So OP signed up for a second account to pat himself on the back for still not knowing how to troubleshoot an OOM server while belligerently refusing to even attempt to learn how to do so?

Cool story.

Thanked by 4file Aidan kassle FHR
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2018

@jarland said:

So OP signed up for a second account to pat himself on the back

Im sure that there is a mastrubation joke to be made with this

Thanked by 1jar
  • I had a very bad experience with AlphaRack, too. You can see all of my stories in these images (capture my tickets with them)

First, I complained my VPS run very slow although I did not run any heavy services.

https://imgur.com/a/BELfU

Then, they suspended my VPS because they said my VPS used to mining!

https://imgur.com/a/eYoxW

I moved all of my services to Vult and will never use it again

• I don't think the alpharack is the problem here... this is a pebcak issue for sure.

I wonder if this is one of the 128mb ovz alpharack..

I see op keeps making new accounts and even necro the alpharack sux thread.

Teh alpharack.

• mkshmksh Member

@simon26 what kind of plan did you have with them? Your tickets mention 6 cores but that's it. Also what wallet software were you using? Searching for smartashd turns up zero hits.

• @mksh

• I rent VPS with 4 CPU cores + 2 CPU cores additional = 6 CPU cores, 3GB RAM, 50G HDD, 5TB bandwidth as you can see the link below ($25/year Linux VPS package)

https://www.alpharacks.com/NewYear2018/

• mkshmksh Member

@simon26 I see. Never heard of that wallet before but with these specs i'd say it's far from unreasonable expecting to be able to run this. Imo comes down to Alpharacks being cheap (likely a bit to cheap...) but crappy once again. Glad to see you already moved to a provider with a better reputation.

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2018

God knows what WP plugins are in use. OP, your problem is not the VPS. Your problem is not knowing what your problem is and not showing us anything that we could use to help you. Bashing the provider, regardless if they suck or not won't fix your issue. Changing the provider won't fix it either, unless you decide to throw money into the problem which may mitigate it temporarily.

• v1adv1ad Member

I stand by OPs opinion, I got two OVZ VPSes from them and they dont seem to care about customers. I was running little LAMP site, for several years, on VPS located in Germany and it was great. Last September I saw Alpharacks promotions and thought US location would improve my sites responsiveness but it got way worse.

The problems started right from ordering process but I was in a hurry and ignored all the red flags. I ordered add-ons and had to open tickets twice to activate them. After a while my VPS started to have network issues. I ignored the issue for almost a month, thinking the issue is very obvious and someone should notice it but nothing happened. Opened another ticket and fix was not near acceptable levels. Then I noticed that the disk IO was horrible, complained and support tech acknowledged the issue, said they working on it and to this day still working on it? Again almost a month went by since then. I was going to setup ecommerce site on second VPS but Im jumping ship, service is cheap but not worth it any longer for me.